Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
23 May 2017, 23:35 PM

What about slashing the mp cost of arty in favour of making the barrage cost muni? 50 fuel seems alot for something that spends half its time sitting doing nothing anf the rest praying to RNG and then getting taken out by 2/3 clicks

Eh then using the barrages would be too draining.
24 May 2017, 03:11 AM

Capless guards?

On that matter of Capeless Guards, should they be a thing? Some people don't like them because they're rather plain as Guards without capes don't have much going for them.

One Forward HQ, we might re-implement some sort of aura. Likely not as strong as before, but it'll get something.
maybe fhq get a small aura and able to upgrade a weapon rack? or recon?
24 May 2017, 04:36 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2017, 22:47 PMpigsoup

to be honest, only possibility of confusing which guard it is is if you are the opponent or an ally in a team of 3+.

don't they already have different unit icon? i think that is enough. although i must confess, i did think lend lease guards were ptrs guards at least once.

They have the same Shieldsymbol, 3D-model, portrait and even the name (iirc) with standart Guard Rifle Infantry.

Previously was suggested new shieldsymbol for them (in QoL thread).

Also i want to suggest these portraits for capeless guards (they were made for other suggestion, but for this capeless 3D-model)

All of them maded by Kasarov
24 May 2017, 05:17 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Speaking of QoL, could we please update the Stormtrooper StG icon to be consistent with the infrared StG? The current one looks nothing like the StG with a much fatter mag and a likewise larger body.

Here take this:

Edit: I realized that this is also relevant to WFA, and I also understand it's not a high priority, but damn it annoys me to no end that the StGs icons are somehow so different.
24 May 2017, 08:34 AM

Mr. Smith decided to put a false label on me and I corrected him.

'I just started playing this game again after not playing for 9 months. Naturally I wanted to play my favorite faction(s) again first'

Fat lot of use your feedback's gonna be.
24 May 2017, 08:40 AM

'I just started playing this game again after not playing for 9 months. Naturally I wanted to play my favorite faction(s) again first'

You dont even Show your playercard while giving Feedback. Dont throw with Stones Inside a glass house or whatever the correct saying is..
24 May 2017, 08:55 AM

Alright. I'll just leave the forum's and never comment again because you don't think my feedback matters. Thanks for the advice mate! :)
24 May 2017, 09:14 AM

The reasons why OST feels too restrictive, currently are many-fold:
Like all factions, playing with call-ins is much easier than having to buy tech
Other factions’ abusive meta. Since OST is a defensive, reactive, faction, it has to endure a lot.
OST relying on OST armour to become proactive.
T4 is too inaccessible for 1v1 use
Late-game OST armour is not particularly reliable vs infantry (unless somebody can afford T4). This makes Tiger-call-in doctrines one-way for OST
A small set of overpowered abilities are concentrated in the hands of few, restrictive commanders (e.g., Lightning War), leading to repetition.

Imo the are also other problems:
1) There tank are supposed to have superior armor but that is totally negated by the allied TD which do damage with very high change (both high chance to score a "natural" hit and high chance to penetrate)
2) T4 offers 2 very expensive and very specialized and no main battle tank
24 May 2017, 09:59 AM

Panzergrenadiers
Medkits replaced with Mark Target (as Vet1 ability)

Bundle grenades (affects all Axis squads)
We find the wipe potential of bundle nades excessive. Therefore, we are reducing their one-hit-kill potential, while also making them more available.

-Damage to 100
-AoE distance from 1.25/2.5/3.75 to 1/2.1/3.75
-AoE damage far increased from 0.25 to 0.3
-Cost from 45MU to 40MU

Mark Target (new Vet1 ability):
-Vehicle received accuracy increases by 1.2 (activated after a delay of 3 seconds)
-Vehicle can be tracked in the fog-of-war (effective immediately)
-25MU cost
-60 second cooldown
-20-25 second duration
-Range 30

Panzergrenadier G43s

-Panzergrenadiers now receive 4xG43’s for 50MU

Suggestions:
1) Lower Price to 300, there is not reason for initial high cost since they get reinforcement discount. Compared to the Penal out of box they are seriously less cost efficient.

2) Lower reinforcement time which extremely high. (Actually imo the reinforcement cost/time relationship should go, reinforcement time should be related to status)

3)Have the spawn with 2 98k + 2 ST44 and allow upgrade to 2 more ST or 1+1 shreck replacing the 98k. This will allow more versatility

4)Consider Toning down g43 far DPS make it to take up all slots but give X5 g43 allowing an extra member to the squad. Squad should be around riflemen level DPS.
24 May 2017, 10:18 AM

I really don't understand this statement
T4 is too inaccessible for 1v1 use
Late-game OST armour is not particularly reliable vs infantry (unless somebody can afford T4). This makes Tiger-call-in doctrines one-way for OST

The majority of Tiger play is T1/T2 into Tiger. It has nothing to do with T4 inaccessible. Oshteer T4 is completely imbalance because it has no equivalence in USF and Soviet faction.
The issue isn't T4 but a lack of stock light tank and T3 being underwhelming (Pz4 and Ostwind). Late game OST T4 is particularly reliable vs Infantry or you have to tell me what is the Brummbar.
The Panther is a bit more an issue but only vs the Brit. The Ost panther is at his place vs USF and Sov.

Relic designed the assymetricality of Factions around USF/Sov being strong early game and weaker late game vs Ostheer.
You are currently acheiving a re-do of this for the good. So USF and Sov aren't anymore that much over Oshteer during the 10-15 first minutes. So my question is how do you plan to balance the late game if you make Ostheer T4 more accessible and more reliable that today to deal with infantry and medium tanks?
USF is still stuck into a unique T3 and Soviet T4 is actually no more powerful than Ostheer T3. If the Soviet player fail to seal the game on the 15 first minutes, he can't do shit with his stock units after that.

24 May 2017, 11:08 AM

We are improving the durability of the 222 so the unit can exchange better against infantry small-arms, particularly those carrying automatic rifles with higher than usual base penetration. We have also removed the penalty against snipers to make 222s able to deal with this unit quickly without being exposed to hostile fire for too long.

-Front armour increased from 9 to 14
-Removed accuracy 0.75 penalty vs snipers

The 222 remains in odd place, too late to counter light vehicles too tough vs infantry.
Suggestion:
The simplest solution I can thing of is reintroduce the 221. 221 can have the low price, come out fast and act as counter to snipers, m3, WC and so on.

222 can be changed into more anti-vehicle unit with 2 cm gun becoming less effective vs infantry.

The 222 can be an upgrade or separate build-able unit and can even be gated with researching BP 3.

Adding the option of the 221 would better help balancing the timing and strength of the units.
24 May 2017, 11:41 AM

You dont even Show your playercard while giving Feedback. Dont throw with Stones Inside a glass house or whatever the correct saying is..

Playercard has nothing to do with proper analysis of text he has written here on this forum. Your argument is a straw man.
24 May 2017, 12:33 PM

251 Flamethrowers
We are addressing some long-standing issues with the FlameHT which have been introduced ever since vehicle-flamers became “normalized” and the rate of which it gains veterancy due to its ability to hit whole squads with AOE.

-Far AoE reduced from 1 to 0.5 (this only affects anti-garrison performance)
-Reduced incoming experience by a factor of 2 when upgraded with the Flammenwerfer upgrade

Suggestions:
1) My for all vehicles flamer would be to similarly to hand held ones with little or no DOT on the ground. The DOT could become an ability. That could help balance this units better.

2) One could even consider pushing the flamer upgraded to research t3 to extent the infantry play a bit more.

3)consider also increasing the arc of fire a bit toward the middle of the vehicle so it easier to fire both flamer no the same target.
24 May 2017, 12:42 PM

In terms of QoL, can you possibly make the range of the "counter barrage" on units that have it visible? It's quite tough to utilize "counter barrage" on mortars/panzerwerfers/arties effectively since we don't know its range
24 May 2017, 13:21 PM

Has anyone else had a problem with launching the mod with multiple players? I've tried to host games, but always have the yellow triangle that warns that not everyone has the mod or has the same version, even when we are all subscribed. Any ideas?
24 May 2017, 13:21 PM

Ostwind
We have added some quality of life adjustments which should help the Ostwind deal with targets on uneven terrain.

-Lifted minimum range limitation
-Projectile now goes through landscape terrain (QoL)

This looks great. There seem to be a number of other units that suffer from the same issue like:
OKW AA flak emplacements
Sherman HE

24 May 2017, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 13:21 PMGrumpy
Has anyone else had a problem with launching the mod with multiple players? I've tried to host games, but always have the yellow triangle that warns that not everyone has the mod or has the same version, even when we are all subscribed. Any ideas?

Restart game after downloading?
24 May 2017, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 13:22 PMVipper

Restart game after downloading?

Will try that next.
24 May 2017, 13:46 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2017, 09:59 AMVipper

Suggestions:
1) Lower Price to 300, there is not reason for initial high cost since they get reinforcement discount. Compared to the Penal out of box they are seriously less cost efficient.

2) Lower reinforcement time which extremely high. (Actually imo the reinforcement cost/time relationship should go, reinforcement time should be related to status)

3)Have the spawn with 2 98k + 2 ST44 and allow upgrade to 2 more ST or 1+1 shreck replacing the 98k. This will allow more versatility

4)Consider Toning down g43 far DPS make it to take up all slots but give X5 g43 allowing an extra member to the squad. Squad should be around riflemen level DPS.

I think Panzergrenadiers are in a good spot right now. No need to change them anymore. They are viable and with the recent vet change, they also scale very well. The only things that might be candidates for a change are reinforcement time, and the g43 upgrade. But this is a matter of fine tuning, not completely changing the behavior of a unit.
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS