Login

russian armor

Churchill Crocodile needs adjustment

12 May 2017, 12:46 PM

Am I the only one having a huge problem dealing with Churchill Crocs in teamgames? Any AT gun will be melted within seconds. Even multiple AT guns (even with target weak point) will be easily defeated since the health pool of the Croc is huge.

Okay... I guess you are supposed to counter the Croc with tanks but even a Panzer IV has trouble dealing with it. Panthers on the other hand aren´t designed to counter high health pool vehicles either due to the Panthers slow rate of fire.

This leaves the Stug and Jagdpanzer IV to deal with it. Yet those are relatively easy to counter with Allied TDs/AT guns. I feel that - especially in team games - the Croc is overperforming. A combination of croc + two six pounders is nigh impossible to counter. Teammates screeing the Croc with TDs tends to become incredibly dull and common in the games I play. Either the health needs to go down (for more armor) or the flamethrower needs to do less damage.

TL;DR
: I feel like the combination of a damage sponge + infantry annihilator + the ability to fight medium tanks is simply too much on that platform.
12 May 2017, 13:10 PM

I honestly don't get it why the Crocodile as the only flamer tank in the game also keeps his main canon.
I know, I know, they replaced the MG with the flame thrower in real life but still it is stupid in terms of game logic. The M4 Calliope was also able to shoot his main gun and is not able to do so in the game.

12 May 2017, 13:32 PM

I honestly don't get it why the Crocodile as the only flamer tank in the game also keeps his main canon.
I know, I know, they replaced the MG with the flame thrower in real life but still it is stupid in terms of game logic. The M4 Calliope was also able to shoot his main gun and is not able to do so in the game.

Fuwl cost is same as tiger

On topic. Go stugs and 1 pak. The vet1 pak stun will freeze it, so the other tanks (stugs) can finish it.
If you have more problems dealing with it, post a replay on our state office so our strategist can help you.
12 May 2017, 14:33 PM

Fuwl cost is same as tiger

On topic. Go stugs and 1 pak. The vet1 pak stun will freeze it, so the other tanks (stugs) can finish it.
If you have more problems dealing with it, post a replay on our state office so our strategist can help you.
The point is double 6 pounders (which you have by that time) will kill off the Stug in two salvos.
12 May 2017, 15:22 PM

^Relic added stuka dive bomb for those situations.
12 May 2017, 15:45 PM

^Relic added stuka dive bomb for those situations.
What kind of argument is that? What am I supposed to do in the 95% of the situations I don´t have the divebomb? It´s like telling a US player who can´t coutner the Tiger Ace to use M10s or lose the game in the other cases.
12 May 2017, 15:46 PM

The point is double 6 pounders (which you have by that time) will kill off the Stug in two salvos.

Tiger and duoble paks should beat croco and double pounders if yiu use vet1 pak ability. And if thet use skillplanez, you can do yhe same, with SCAS
12 May 2017, 16:13 PM

Tiger and duoble paks should beat croco and double pounders if yiu use vet1 pak ability. And if thet use skillplanez, you can do yhe same, with SCAS
Except that the Croc will burn the Paks way faster than the Tiger will kill the 6 Pounders. Park a Tiger in front of two 6ps and park a croc in front of two Paks. The Tiger will blow up, the Croc will survife. The flamethrower is annihilating any unit thats not a vehicle... and the turret will still be able to tackle off medium tanks.
12 May 2017, 16:39 PM

Who really needs adjustment - KV-8:
- Poor survival
- Slow speed
- Slow rotation speed
- Slow rotation speed of the turret
- Short range of fire

KV-8 is IUCN Red List of Beast, the rarest guest in the game
12 May 2017, 17:03 PM

Might be neat to nake the flamethrower an ability instead of a passive, something a bit like the centaur vet ability? Then you can escape it but its still a beast against buildings and poor awarness. The maingun would need buffed to standard church tho (not like that is terribly strong anyways..)

Kv8 should imo just get its vet 1 replaced to allow the 45 to shoot tandem with the flamer.
12 May 2017, 17:05 PM

Guys, the crocodile has 2 flamers, one of which has never been properly parametrised and fires non-stop at insane ranges. We're aware of this. We've been aware of this for over a year now, but scope is a bitch.

Just give some QoL changes to the Crocodile to allow it to use its gun, and reduce damage/range from the flamethrower. Its damage output vs infantry/support weapons doesn't have to be that completely insane, as it is already durable.

12 May 2017, 17:14 PM

Except that the Croc will burn the Paks way faster than the Tiger will kill the 6 Pounders. Park a Tiger in front of two 6ps and park a croc in front of two Paks. The Tiger will blow up, the Croc will survife. The flamethrower is annihilating any unit thats not a vehicle... and the turret will still be able to tackle off medium tanks.

Dont allow coroc to come so close then. You have twp after all. Toger dhould focus croco and thrn back up, once croco is ded/badly damaged. Infantry can finish thr pounders afterwards
12 May 2017, 21:42 PM

Guys, the crocodile has 2 flamers, one of which has never been properly parametrised and fires non-stop at insane ranges. We're aware of this. We've been aware of this for over a year now, but scope is a bitch.

Just give some QoL changes to the Crocodile to allow it to use its gun, and reduce damage/range from the flamethrower. Its damage output vs infantry/support weapons doesn't have to be that completely insane, as it is already durable.

Yikes! How big are the damage changes? Is it enough for the tiger to be better in ai and at?
Well, if the churchill breaks 1v1 balance than it needs some changes.
13 May 2017, 09:40 AM

Permanently Banned
From optmizations side, i dont whanna that flame tanks get buffs, only nerfs :snfQuinn:.
13 May 2017, 09:56 AM

Who really needs adjustment - KV-8:
- Poor survival
- Slow speed
- Slow rotation speed
- Slow rotation speed of the turret
- Short range of fire

KV-8 is IUCN Red List of Beast, the rarest guest in the game

You misspelled Flame Hetzer :snfPeter:
13 May 2017, 10:26 AM

You misspelled Flame Hetzer :snfPeter:

No, not a misprint. All the heavy Soviet tanks (KV-1, KV-2, KV-8, IS-2, ISU-152) - shit. Yes, Flame Hetzer also needs some repairs, but the Soviet heavy in a lamentable state is very very long time
13 May 2017, 11:23 AM

I remember when the Calliope could fire its main gun in VCoH. The thing was god tier op.
13 May 2017, 11:23 AM

No, not a misprint. All the heavy Soviet tanks (KV-1, KV-2, KV-8, IS-2, ISU-152) - shit. Yes, Flame Hetzer also needs some repairs, but the Soviet heavy in a lamentable state is very very long time
I don´t think that the flamehetzer can be fixed. It´s flawed by design. A flamethrower on an assault gun chassis will always be clumsy. Flamethrowers excell on city maps... but turretless vehicles suck on those maps. Thus a turretless flamethrowing vehicle will never reach the full potential.
13 May 2017, 11:25 AM

Dont allow coroc to come so close then. You have twp after all. Toger dhould focus croco and thrn back up, once croco is ded/badly damaged. Infantry can finish thr pounders afterwards

Luckily the crocodile isn´t supported by comets or cromwells or 6 pounders or terminator tommies with brens and trenches for vickers everywhere.

You have the same problem when playing as Soviets vs for example a KT. It is supported by multiple volks, invisible rakettens, sturmpioneers with sweepers or a shreck and maybe some terminator obers.
13 May 2017, 11:36 AM

Luckily the crocodile isn´t supported by comets or cromwells or 6 pounders or terminator tommies with brens and trenches for vickers everywhere.

You have the same problem when playing as Soviets vs for example a KT. It is supported by multiple volks, invisible rakettens, sturmpioneers with sweepers or a shreck and maybe some terminator obers.

Except Ostheer has at least snipers, stugs, panthers, brummbaars, vet 3 lmg grens and panzerwerfers.

Soviets can go and cry in the corner, with their katty, su85 and penals :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 29
Germany 195
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L