Login

russian armor

OKW suggested changes

29 Apr 2017, 14:08 PM

• AT infantry rework
  • Light infantry support gun is seriously underperforming
  • PanzerschwereHQ should have manual targeting

------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Lets take a look at only AT infantry OKW currently have. Strumpioneers 300MP, 9pop, 4 models, upgradeable with 90 munition Panzerschreck. Now consider that in almost every match you want to have at least one minesweeper. That means you have to buy another strumpioneers to have minimal AT infantry. They are simply too expensive for what they have to offer. If they had 120munition 2 panzerschrecks as panzergrenadiers. That would be different story. Other option is giving panzerschreck back to volks and penalize players who blob spam volks with schrecks.

2)Even Wehrmacht mortar is more usefull. If it had suppress as it used to have, it would be viable option.

3)Right now SU can engage with T-34 and just throw 2 sachet sarges or be even ruder, place demolition charge and HQ is gone like nothing.

29 Apr 2017, 14:17 PM

1. Sturmpios are carrying a lot of roles right now (too many), but on the bright side, of you get two, they will literally repair your tanks in like 10-15 seconds. I would be more open to change to these guys after volks get something done about them.
2. Isg isn't really a wipe machine or anything, but it basically goes on autopilot after vet1, and gets some pretty good vet bonuses. It can also pen vehicles and tanks, which is pretty annoying.
3. Meh. I mean you already get a free, zero pop bofors with a range slightly shorter than the usf mortar.
29 Apr 2017, 14:28 PM

ISG is actually effective in its singular role: countering static play: essentially British emplacements.
29 Apr 2017, 14:47 PM

ISG sucks and costs way too much.
29 Apr 2017, 14:51 PM

ISG perform well. I allways build 1-2.
:sealed: with right bulletin you have -25% on barrage recharge, which means you can fire barrage permanently :sealed:
29 Apr 2017, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2017, 14:08 PMMatson

• AT infantry rework
  • Light infantry support gun is seriously underperforming

------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Lets take a look at only AT infantry OKW currently have. Strumpioneers 300MP, 9pop, 4 models, upgradeable with 90 munition Panzerschreck. Now consider that in almost every match you want to have at least one minesweeper. That means you have to buy another strumpioneers to have minimal AT infantry. They are simply too expensive for what they have to offer. If they had 120munition 2 panzerschrecks as panzergrenadiers. That would be different story. Other option is giving panzerschreck back to volks and penalize players who blob spam volks with schrecks.

2)Even Wehrmacht mortar is more usefull. If it had suppress as it used to have, it would be viable option.

1) Giving them the option to upgrade Schreck and sweeper would be just fine imo. I personally just don't use schrecks as OKW unless I play against USF. Raketenwerfer supported with volks does somewhat ok now and you need a raketenwerfer at some stage in most games anyways.

2) The only problem with the ISG I think is the lack of smoke and/or sufficient damage to garrisons. otherwise it is pretty useful if you attend it.
29 Apr 2017, 19:24 PM

I wonder what the actual purpose of the ISG (and to a lesser extent the field howitzer) is gamplaywise (other than countering static emplacements) I mean it's expensive and most mortars are better than it and for cheaper. It seems to me that all it is is a mortar with slightly longer range that gets gimped if you don't have LOS.

IMO they need to revert its angle changes to before they added and removed suppression not from it. Also they should finally fix its stupid bug where a barrage undershoots by 30 range
29 Apr 2017, 19:57 PM
Donator 11

Its ROF is good, can get a good squad wipe once a game, does decent damage, and has a solid medium range.

The MP price is fair in comparison to the Pakhowi also its popcap is lower so its not as expensive long term.

TLDR: ISG just needs a smoke round.
29 Apr 2017, 20:59 PM

1) Giving them the option to upgrade Schreck and sweeper would be just fine imo. I personally just don't use schrecks as OKW unless I play against USF. Raketenwerfer supported with volks does somewhat ok now and you need a raketenwerfer at some stage in most games anyways.

2) The only problem with the ISG I think is the lack of smoke and/or sufficient damage to garrisons. otherwise it is pretty useful if you attend it.

They are the only engineers who get to put their sweeper away tho. Maybe have it be a toggle between shreck/sweeper instead of choosing shreck or toggle between sweeper/stg? And if possible leave it two separate upgrades so that you can get one of them faster (might be tricky to code tho).

Isg could use some smoke rounds.
30 Apr 2017, 00:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2017, 14:51 PMAradan
ISG perform well. I allways build 1-2.
:sealed: with right bulletin you have -25% on barrage recharge, which means you can fire barrage permanently :sealed:

shhhh ... they will change it Kappa
30 Apr 2017, 03:24 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Suppression on packhowie and isg was one of the most cancerous mistakes Relic ever made. Having an unflankable unit throwing suppression at 80 range was completely ridiculous, and was incredibly frustrating for any player on the receiving end of it. This game needs less annoying "features," not more.

ISG needs a smoke round and better veterancy. Vet 2 is a survivability and speed buff... useless. It doesn't get any accuracy or fire rate buffs, just meh buffs to barrage.
30 Apr 2017, 03:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2017, 03:24 AMTobis

I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Suppression on packhowie and isg was one of the most cancerous mistakes Relic ever made. Having an unflankable unit throwing suppression at 80 range was completely ridiculous, and was incredibly frustrating for any player on the receiving end of it. This game needs less annoying "features," not more.

ISG needs a smoke round and better veterancy. Vet 2 is a survivability and speed buff... useless. It doesn't get any accuracy or fire rate buffs, just meh buffs to barrage.

Around the only time I build 2 Pack Howitzers, glorious.
30 Apr 2017, 03:43 AM

Now that handheld AT weapons vet vs vehicles is nerfed maybe putting shrecks back on them isnt that bad, i always said giving volks faust and AI upgrades would be buffing them and even better than shrecks.. equally as cancerous as well.

As well as all the new rocket arty allies got it would be punished hard to volk blob with shrecks...

They could make it a combined upgrade with 2 stg and a shreck for like 130 muni. So not that spammable either. Sturms could be given The Granatbüchse 39 grenade launcher to replace the shreck, with HE values like a piat :) i wish
30 Apr 2017, 09:03 AM

Please.... stop trying to rework OKW.... it's the reason they are in this stupid place to begin with........................

FlakHQ manual targeting is just silly...

For the ISG please just fix the god damn bug that stops it from shooting garrisons some times. That is all that needs to be done.
30 Apr 2017, 21:20 PM
Benefactor 392

ISG under preforming Kappa
1 May 2017, 03:03 AM

Other option is giving panzerschreck back to volks and penalize players who blob spam volks with schrecks.

No.

Armor counters on main infantry was one of the worst design decisions Relic made since Panzer Elite.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★