Login

russian armor

Soviet sniper unfair

24 Apr 2017, 12:17 PM

So, the soviet sniper, for the same price as OH sniper you get a 2 man squad with the same range. In the hands of a top 500 player it's impossible to kill. Considering that one shot reduces the efficiency of a gren squad by 25% soviet sniper has an obvious better impact then the OH one. I think that the range of the sov sniper should be reduced to balance things out.
Initially the OH sniper had the faster camo advantage but now this is not the case anymore.
With the new penal meta the Tier building is already up and it contains 2 hard counter for the OH sniper. E-Sports ready.
Couple this with satchels and demo charges and by minute 10 all the vetted troops are wiped clean.
What do you guys think?
24 Apr 2017, 12:28 PM

Just use incendiary rounds right after regular shot ans soviet snipers will be killed in 2 seconds (time delay between regular and incendiary shot).
24 Apr 2017, 12:30 PM

Make a Soviet sniper one man, change the ability (lighting rifle grenade) to a more suitable
24 Apr 2017, 12:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Should be a one man unit as they have no counter at the moment (and no, praying isn't the counter).
24 Apr 2017, 12:33 PM

Make a Soviet sniper one man, change the ability (lighting rifle grenade) to a more suitable

If make soviet sniper 1 man, then it must get good offensive ability (like incediary shot) to be equal with OST sniper. Or decrease of it's cost (300 MP as example).
24 Apr 2017, 12:35 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Should be a one man unit as they have no counter at the moment (and no, praying isn't the counter).

That's simply wrong.

Unlike the Ostheer sniper the Soviet Sniper is not an assasin, it can't move around the battlefield staying cloaked. Eventually the Ostheersniper can easily countersnipe the soviet one with vet 1. Plus the two-model sniper team is actually a disadvantage since it bleeds way more manpower compared to a single sniper.

It's fine. To be honest the reset of cooldown with the Vet 1 ability is kinda broken.

24 Apr 2017, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2017, 12:33 PMMaret

If make soviet sniper 1 man, then it must get good offensive ability (like incediary shot) to be equal with OST sniper. Or decrease of it's cost (300 MP as example).

I agree, all snipers should be approximately equal. Or all snipers are two people, or all snipers are one person.
24 Apr 2017, 12:40 PM

Best solution I have seen so far for the Soviet team, is specialization separation, one sniper one spotter.
24 Apr 2017, 12:41 PM

I agree, all snipers should be approximately equal. Or all snipers are two people, or all snipers are one person.

But if soviet sniper will be 1 man and got incediary shot then it will much more worst for OST, because DPS will rise very high (to compare with old 2 man squad with recon ability) and we will hear whine about nerf his DPS because 4-man squads OST will be die more quick.
24 Apr 2017, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2017, 12:41 PMMaret

But if soviet sniper will be 1 man and got incediary shot then it will much more worst for OST, because DPS will rise very high (to compare with old 2 man squad with recon ability) and we will hear whine about nerf his DPS because 4-man squads OST will be die more quick.

What is the problem? We already have a British sniper, and I do not hear crying about him.
24 Apr 2017, 12:48 PM

Well I consider the soviet sniper easier to chase since they instantly lose camouflage outside cover, while brit and ost sniper can sneak from cover to cover and ost sniper vet1 allows for 2 shots in quick succession, many players use this as a counter to soviet sniper.

As for OKW the soviet sniper has a hard time soft retreating because they lose camouflage quickly once you fire a shot just keep chasing, they cant re cloak while under fire.

I find the brit sniper more annoying, since inf sections will shred chasing inf really fast at any stage of the game.
24 Apr 2017, 12:49 PM

What is the problem? We already have a British sniper, and I do not hear crying about him.

Brit sniper is joke of nature. Sniper with AT rifle without optic scope)) I rarely saw him in battlefield.
If soviet sniper will be equal to OST, you will see sniper spam, because with incendiary shot, 2 soviet snipers could instakill any german infantry squad in one blink of eye (shot-inc-shot-inc). Don't forgot that incshots always hit in target.
24 Apr 2017, 12:50 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2017, 12:35 PMluvnest

That's simply wrong.

Unlike the Ostheer sniper the Soviet Sniper is not an assasin, it can't move around the battlefield staying cloaked. Eventually the Ostheersniper can easily countersnipe the soviet one with vet 1. Plus the two-model sniper team is actually a disadvantage since it bleeds way more manpower compared to a single sniper.

It's fine. To be honest the reset of cooldown with the Vet 1 ability is kinda broken.

Congratulations for the 1000 post. :)

Also well put. The thing with the soviet sniper is also that the two models do have a tendency to still get one-shot by aoe weapons since they do like to bunch up and due to their low health pool (64 per model*, if I remember correctly, instead of the 81 (which ensures that the sniper can even take a mortar shell) and the received accuracy bonuses of the ost sniper).

Then there is the rate of fire and magazine size to consider which make the soviet sniper underperform against any squad that has more than 4 members.

I've done the entire calculation to highlight the performanc disparity once here

*thanks to Mr. Smith for the right number.
24 Apr 2017, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2017, 12:49 PMMaret

Brit sniper is joke of nature. Sniper with AT rifle without optic scope)) I rarely saw him in battlefield.
If soviet sniper will be equal to OST, you will see sniper spam, because with incendiary shot, 2 soviet snipers could instakill any german infantry squad in one blink of eye (shot-inc-shot-inc). Don't forgot that incshots always hit in target.

I often see the British sniper as spam in team games, and it works. Plus annoying ability - artillery
24 Apr 2017, 13:08 PM

The Soviet sniper is IMO more annoing to use than the other ones, recently it got one-shot by Wehr mortar while the Brit and Wehr ones would survive.
24 Apr 2017, 13:11 PM

I often see the British sniper as spam in team games, and it works. Plus annoying ability - artillery

Team games don't equal 1 vs 1. We are consider balance only from side 1vs1. Because team games have absolutely different gameplay in comparsion to 1vs1. In team games i could see german heavy armor spam (or soviet early t-34 massive spam if all players will choose LendLease and will be spammed fuel drop simultaneously) that i couldn't see in 1vs1.
24 Apr 2017, 13:16 PM

the snipers were the worst thing about coh1 and the 2 man sniper teams is among the best decision relic has done in coh2
24 Apr 2017, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2017, 13:11 PMMaret

Team games don't equal 1 vs 1. We are consider balance only from side 1vs1. Because team games have absolutely different gameplay in comparsion to 1vs1. In team games i could see german heavy armor spam (or soviet early t-34 massive spam if all players will choose LendLease and will be spammed fuel drop simultaneously) that i couldn't see in 1vs1.

well, I never considered a 1 on 1 matches (because it is dull spam, and there is no combined arms action, my opinion), so it looks like we do not come to compromise
24 Apr 2017, 13:22 PM

well, I never considered a 1 on 1 matches (because it is dull spam, and there is no combined arms action, my opinion), so it looks like we do not come to compromise

Please what? I like to play Team Games, but 1v1 is the most skillful mode. You NEED combined arms even more, since you cant rely on your team mate(s) getting an integral part to the army that you are lacking. If anything, the higher game modes are mostly a senseless spam regardless of what your opponent does...
24 Apr 2017, 13:33 PM

Um, Scout Car? Scout Car? You don't *have* to counter snipe to counter Soviet Sniper - not to mention that sticky satchels are a lot harder to land on 222 than AT nade so if they do go Tier one it's a lot easier to dive for sniper AND counters scout car. Also, now that Coax machine gun tracks properly its a lot better vs. sniper in my experience.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★