Login

russian armor

Brummbar

21 Apr 2017, 01:13 AM

Holy shit this thing is really good. It's impossible to miss with attack ground, and it costs the same fuel as a p4. Holy shit holy shit holy shit ost players should build more. What does everyone else think of them? I don't really see them that often at all, which puzzles me.
21 Apr 2017, 01:17 AM

I love them, tanky too. Looks funny when vetted with side armour.

Good anti blob machine.
21 Apr 2017, 01:24 AM

They're great. Ruined when flanked. Definition of ideal target for tank destroyers. Absolutely wreck team weapons and massed infantry. I wouldn't rush it or skip anything to get it out.

If StuGs are working for you, Brummbars will probably work well in your situation. If your StuGs are getting wrecked, your Brummbars will probably get wrecked.
21 Apr 2017, 01:26 AM

I don't really see them that often at all, which puzzles me.

They're sitting in Tier IV, the slowest to reach and one of the most expensive to reach tech levels in the game. Combined with the fact that you can't skip tiers as Ostheer without losing the game, going Tier IV is almost impossible below 3v3, and in big team games the amount of anti-tank vehicles on the field both makes the StuPa impossible to use and necessitates that you also invest most if not all your resources into anti-tank vehicles.

If your team is decent enough to carry you, you can try and pull it off - make sure to go for a doctrine with Panzer Tactician, otherwise the StuPa will be gone in seconds. If it works, it will be beautiful. If not, you just wasted a shitload of resources on a unit that was a gamble at best.

P.S.: It coats more fuel than a Panzer IV.
21 Apr 2017, 02:16 AM

Its good if you do it with mobile defence in 2v2. It's not used cus going t3 to Tiger is better in like 90% of games.

Buff brits ty
21 Apr 2017, 03:28 AM

They're great. Ruined when flanked. Definition of ideal target for tank destroyers. Absolutely wreck team weapons and massed infantry. I wouldn't rush it or skip anything to get it out.

If StuGs are working for you, Brummbars will probably work well in your situation. If your StuGs are getting wrecked, your Brummbars will probably get wrecked.

That's why I use the elefant/spoting scopes doctrine and get brummbars later in the game mostly, when all battles are basically just massed infantry. The elefant and any at guns I have keep their tanks scared, and my grens and brummbar mop up their infantry real easily.
21 Apr 2017, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2017, 01:54 AMaaa
removing team games would reduce amount of idiots and liers x10.
True story in the OP. Strong unit cheap to unlock and produce which allows it to be combined with tiger

I wouldn't exactly say it's easy to unlock though, and it's most useful in teamgames.

My bad, it is 25 more fuel than the ost p4. Must have been thinking of OKW p4.
21 Apr 2017, 03:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2017, 01:54 AMaaa
removing team games would reduce amount of idiots and liers x10.
True story in the OP. Strong unit cheap to unlock and produce which allows it to be combined with tiger

Go back to whatever you were doing before pls.
People would like some valid counter opinions.

Its good if you do it with mobile defence in 2v2. It's not used cus going t3 to Tiger is better in like 90% of games.
Buff brits ty

This HAS to be a troll post..

Holy shit this thing is really good. It's impossible to miss with attack ground, and it costs the same fuel as a p4. Holy shit holy shit holy shit ost players should build more. What does everyone else think of them? I don't really see them that often at all, which puzzles me.

If you have it by itself with little support, you will definitely lose it.
If you use it with an MG42 by the side, it's absolutely destroys blobs
21 Apr 2017, 05:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Removed flaming post.
I'll have to but i wont invis the following quotes so please edit your comments.
21 Apr 2017, 06:00 AM
Donator 11

The main problem with T4 is that you don't get any reliable AT if you skip T3 and you are not going for late game callins. At the same time stug g is such an amazing tank destroyer that not going T3 is almost madness.

But if the game is getting long, you have AT secured and enough popcap to get it then the brummbar is definitely a good choice.
21 Apr 2017, 08:12 AM

It is in t4 which is expensive and you can´t skip t3 as Ostheer or you lose.
21 Apr 2017, 09:31 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Currently causes many casualties in the squads, and is not easy to eliminate by its characteristic, either by armor, smoke, etc.

Is the one heavy tank non-doc (recently passed to heavy) that has that destructive potential, the US M8A1 is light-medium, which is the nearest bummbar
22 Apr 2017, 16:11 PM

2 questions: does anyone know what the vet 1 ability does? Also, is there any other unit with the pinpoint attack ground accuracy that the brummbar has?
22 Apr 2017, 16:28 PM

2 questions: does anyone know what the vet 1 ability does? Also, is there any other unit with the pinpoint attack ground accuracy that the brummbar has?

The bunker buster shot has a range of 20-60 and targets anywhere. This means that it won't target objects or units. Essentially it's a longer range attack ground shot.

That is if I am reading the mod tools correctly, which can often be deceptive. I always thought it had a bigger AoE, but it does not appear to.
22 Apr 2017, 17:11 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

105mm Bulldozer should be roughly the same if not the same. I'd have to see stats on scatter etc but attack ground on the bulldozer still works more than sufficient.
22 Apr 2017, 18:24 PM

The bunker buster shot has a range of 20-60 and targets anywhere. This means that it won't target objects or units. Essentially it's a longer range attack ground shot.

That is if I am reading the mod tools correctly, which can often be deceptive. I always thought it had a bigger AoE, but it does not appear to.

Huh ok. That's pretty good for a free ability on a tank. I think i saw it doing a little more damage to some guy's base than the normal attack, which would make sense since its called "bunker buster" shots or something like that.
22 Apr 2017, 18:39 PM

What's interesting is that the ability is supposed to fire three shots from what I can tell. It forces a reload timer when it finishes, but the reload is 3.75-4.5 seconds long. The normal weapon reload timer is 8.25 seconds.

So I think if you just let it do the bunker buster, it'll actually fire 3 shots at half the normal reload speed.
Vaz
22 Apr 2017, 18:57 PM

Brumbar is pretty much the most overall destructive vehicle to infantry on the axis side. If it wasn't for the armor, I would say the flame ht is, but the brumbar kills fast and is very difficult to destroy. For me it's about the most dreadful unit to fight against. It's not just effective against team weapons and masses of infantry, it's pretty damned good at wiping single squads of any size. It's fairly unbeatable by infantry, even at guns don't really do well against it. Against good players it's common for this unit to survive most or all of the game.
22 Apr 2017, 19:03 PM

105mm Bulldozer should be roughly the same if not the same. I'd have to see stats on scatter etc but attack ground on the bulldozer still works more than sufficient.

Ooh imma have to try out armor company then.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★