Login

russian armor

1.3 GCS - Maxim Feedback

29 Apr 2017, 12:16 PM
Donator 11

I agree with Barton that maxim is fine performance wise. The only thing I would like to be changed is the reiforcement cost. Now that we all agree maxim stats are not OP any more, not giving it the standard reinforcement discount all the other weapon teams have is just producing another inconsistency. And patches should aim on reducing the number of them. This is not an infantry squad any more.
aaa
29 Apr 2017, 13:13 PM

Gcs in 2hrs. My bet there will be no wins over top 20 axis with maxim use. More objective indicator than anything here.

Setting up mg requires several times less apm than use with a-clicks.
29 Apr 2017, 13:21 PM

just because maxim isn't spammable unit now people gets crazy about it, maybe try using combined arms with like 2 maxims and penals or so? IMO maxim works great now as a support weapon, and it's great in defence thatnks to increased arc of fire, maybe stop complaining and l2p/play tutorial, take your pick

+1

You summed it up perfectly :thumb:
29 Apr 2017, 14:27 PM

I agree with Barton that maxim is fine performance wise. The only thing I would like to be changed is the reiforcement cost. Now that we all agree maxim stats are not OP any more, not giving it the standard reinforcement discount all the other weapon teams have is just producing another inconsistency. And patches should aim on reducing the number of them. This is not an infantry squad any more.

Actually the reinforcement cost of hmgs are not really consistent since the value of the team weapon include an arbitrary value for the gun itself.

That is part of the reason why DSHK is cheaper to reinforce then maxim and HMG42 is cheaper to reinforce than HMG34.
29 Apr 2017, 15:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2017, 14:27 PMVipper

Actually the reinforcement cost of hmgs are not really consistent since the value of the team weapon include an arbitrary value for the gun itself.

That is part of the reason why DSHK is cheaper to reinforce then maxim and HMG42 is cheaper to reinforce than HMG34.

The reinforcement cost of all weapon teams but maxim is (recruitment cost)/(squad size)/2*0.75.
29 Apr 2017, 15:20 PM

Permanently Banned
just because maxim isn't spammable unit now people gets crazy about it, maybe try using combined arms with like 2 maxims and penals or so? IMO maxim works great now as a support weapon, and it's great in defence thatnks to increased arc of fire, maybe stop complaining and l2p/play tutorial, take your pick

Dont see that you play with maxim this patch, when you show this on games, on tourney, now its just words of player who boring of maxim spam (that was broken), like suport weapon is a worse HMG in the game.
aaa
29 Apr 2017, 15:22 PM

gcs first game opening rofl. 7 mix squads vs 5 spam squads (4 gren 2mg 1pio vs 3pen+2eng). Short time latter ALL map axis controled. And medium tanks tier is om the way. First p4 likely before M5 was even possible resources wise.
29 Apr 2017, 15:28 PM

Permanently Banned
You cannot use maxim like support weapon, coz cons are bad support unit, coz have poor long range potential.
Why soviets need defend maxim if conception of soviet are attack ? I just cannot undestand it ?
All faction who have starting hmg, have best line long range infatry, that make support hmg work better.
Maxim now with this stats, are bad, setup time are long, damage and supress are bad, even if you do some burts into squads, thay just leave maxim arc wihtout any problems. Make reinforce 20 mp are to bad idea, its cost more then another HMG. Folks just run into maxim without any problem and fact that maxim are supported with cons dont change anything.
Vet1 ability are bad, i dont see any change of maxim shoot with ability or not, diffrent are not big.
Onlu good thing that maxim are 6 model, but still poor squad formation where he can be wipe like another 4 crew HMG.
BEfore patch maxim was too good, now he are to bad.
29 Apr 2017, 15:30 PM

The reinforcement cost of all weapon teams but maxim is (recruitment cost)/(squad size)/2*0.75.

Actual it is
(Recruitment cost-cost of weapon)/(number of entities*2)

HMG34
(230-30)/4*2 = 25
HMG42
(260-80)/4*2 = 22.5
DSHK
(300-120)/6*2 = 15
M2
(280-100)/4*2 = 22.5
Vickers
(280-100)/4*2 = 22.5

That is why oddly the HMG34 has one of highest reinforcement costs and Dshk the lowest.
aaa
29 Apr 2017, 16:30 PM

this is indicative tjread about level of this comumotý. All those who say or vote that this $hit is ok are eitjer liers (and must be treated respective'y) or they have head problems.
29 Apr 2017, 16:53 PM

You cannot use maxim like support weapon, coz cons are bad support unit, coz have poor long range potential.
Why soviets need defend maxim if conception of soviet are attack ? I just cannot undestand it ?
All faction who have starting hmg, have best line long range infatry, that make support hmg work better.
Maxim now with this stats, are bad, setup time are long, damage and supress are bad, even if you do some burts into squads, thay just leave maxim arc wihtout any problems. Make reinforce 20 mp are to bad idea, its cost more then another HMG. Folks just run into maxim without any problem and fact that maxim are supported with cons dont change anything.
Vet1 ability are bad, i dont see any change of maxim shoot with ability or not, diffrent are not big.
Onlu good thing that maxim are 6 model, but still poor squad formation where he can be wipe like another 4 crew HMG.
BEfore patch maxim was too good, now he are to bad.

Maybe you're just too bad and weaker Maxim has made you seen it?

But you don't want this to be true. So you claim "Maxim bad, pls buff"

But the dark reality is everyone except you and a few other maximschpammers are happy with the changes.

No more ruined tourneys with boring maximspam games. But for you it means less cheap victories.

You disagree even with pros. As if you could possibly understand the game better. You can't. Stahp your trolling and lies.
29 Apr 2017, 17:04 PM

Permanently Banned

Maybe you're just too bad and weaker Maxim has made you seen it?

But you don't want this to be true. So you claim "Maxim bad, pls buff"

But the dark reality is everyone except you and a few other maximschpammers are happy with the changes.

No more ruined tourneys with boring maximspam games. But for you it means less cheap victories.

You disagree even with pros. As if you could possibly understand the game better. You can't. Stahp your trolling and lies.

Maybe not ?

Proof that maxim are good, get top20 with soviet in 1v1 and 2v2 and then play in that level 20 games ? I am dunnot how you can talk about maxims, if you dont play with allies or soviets ?

I am not maximspamer, i always use maxim combine. Dont need blame me liek maximspamer if you dont play with me or vs me. If you can proof that i am maximspamer,i wait it.

Penals, maxims ruined tourneys, but now same do OKW, but i think you dont agree with it, coz you play only with OKW ). All i whant its balance, not dominate of some factions, not revenge of axis lovers (like whant you).

I am not trolling, i come here to talk about balance, if you see, i play with all factions a lot, cannot say about you, coz i see only games with OKW. Where i lie ? If you whana proof that maxim are okey, lets go 1v1, you will be spam maxim ?
29 Apr 2017, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2017, 15:30 PMVipper

Actual it is
(Recruitment cost-cost of weapon)/(number of entities*2)

HMG34
(230-30)/4*2 = 25
HMG42
(260-80)/4*2 = 22.5
DSHK
(300-120)/6*2 = 15
M2
(280-100)/4*2 = 22.5
Vickers
(280-100)/4*2 = 22.5

That is why oddly the HMG34 has one of highest reinforcement costs and Dshk the lowest.

MG34 crew, like all OKW team-weapons have crews that deal the full DPS of a Volks squad, as opposed to the peashooters other teamweapons get.
29 Apr 2017, 17:16 PM

MG34 crew, like all OKW team-weapons have crews that deal the full DPS of a Volks squad, as opposed to the peashooters other teamweapons get.

Well that is an inconsistency...

On the other hand the crew still has 1.25 size and the gun has very low DPS.

Currently one is better of leaving crew to die and manning the weapon with VG, since he will have the same DPS and same reinforcement cost and lower Target size.....
29 Apr 2017, 17:21 PM

I think that with this change the initial fuel of soviets could get a change, because if you go for penals you get rushed by luchs/222/flakht/flameht and you simply cannot get a counter in any fashionable time (unless you skip medics and go for a ZiS, but zis suck ass LUL and you will bleed like crazy with no medics)

And I still think that the maxim need a 10% increase on suppression so vet 2 maxim can actually supress squads at late game. It's so ridiculous when a volks can just walk into a VP and DECAP and CAP again while being fired by a maxim the whole time.
29 Apr 2017, 17:24 PM

Suppression feels slightly too weak, really doesn't seem to be a lot of use
30 Apr 2017, 17:55 PM

Are people using the Vet ability?
5 May 2017, 10:09 AM

Feedback after lots of testing:

1. Vet1 ability is actually pretty sweet.
2. Long-range accuracy is very bad, meaning almost no long range suppression (which means you eat grenades etc all the time)
3. Two units can approach and not get suppressed (due to maxim switching targets between the two, sharing suppression between them and not being able to suppress one / both of them)
4. Burst duration is good
5. DPS is good at close range

Seems like it'd benefit from better suppression (OR dps) at long range.
Or, improve suppression of Vet1 ability.
5 May 2017, 10:56 AM

Feedback after lots of testing:

1. Vet1 ability is actually pretty sweet.
2. Long-range accuracy is very bad, meaning almost no long range suppression (which means you eat grenades etc all the time)
3. Two units can approach and not get suppressed (due to maxim switching targets between the two, sharing suppression between them and not being able to suppress one / both of them)
4. Burst duration is good
5. DPS is good at close range

Seems like it'd benefit from better suppression (OR dps) at long range.
Or, improve suppression of Vet1 ability.

Mirage and I have been investigating what's going wrong. The problems you indicate will be solved with a fix to aim-time.

Currently the Maxim has a herp-derp randomized long aim time. Prior to the patch this didn't matter since it set up instantly and had high suppression.

With the patch, every time you switch targets, the long aim time kicks in. This makes it especially hard to keep the Maxim useful vs marauding blobs.

Moreover, every time a model would drop mid-burst, the long aim-time would kick in, further reducing suppression. MG42, for example doesn't care about dropping models; it instantly swaps to a new model.

For the current patch, the best advise I can give you is try to avoid switching targets as much as possible, and try to supplement suppression with m5 quad. i.e., you still should switch targets, but don't overdo it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★