Login

russian armor

Advanced Emplacement Regiment discussion

19 Apr 2017, 19:03 PM

Can this commander get removed from team games/the game? It has literally no purpose except invincible emplacement spam. And then you get the counter to the counter inclusive, doesnt it sound like fun? Even if you win against it, which can be hard on some 2v2 maps, it is no fun at all. The most noob-friendly doctrine ever created probably...
19 Apr 2017, 19:36 PM

/thread title amended,

hope it will save this thread before it´s too late ...
19 Apr 2017, 19:56 PM

Yes, I am sorry for the title. I was still a bit triggered by that commander. But even when you think about it with a clear head, it makes no sense, doesnt it? Like what is the justification behind it?
19 Apr 2017, 20:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

/thread title amended,

hope it will save this thread before it´s too late ...

I just did a "reset" cause it seemed further posting was blocked.

Ontopic: you won't ever seen a commander been removed so forget about that.

Also i think that stand fast is just better. Advance emplacements is heavily mp wise, can be countered through constant pressure or completely ignored if on 3v3+ and map dependant (arty depends heavily on spawn position).

Design wise, it's just cancer design :P
19 Apr 2017, 22:01 PM

Also i think that stand fast is just better. Advance emplacements is heavily mp wise, can be countered through constant pressure or completely ignored if on 3v3+ and map dependant (arty depends heavily on spawn position).

I agree it wont be removed unfortunately. But I dont agree that the commander is heavily mp wise, since the bofors costs as much as one unit. Plus, they dont mp bleed and you dont even need engeneers as IS can do the job too (and auto-repair of course). Something with this doctrine has to change, in small 2v2 maps, this commander can completely destroy the game and ruin the fun for everyone.

I think this commander shouldnt have an easy counter to indirect fire and maybe the auto-repair has to be nerfed...
19 Apr 2017, 23:04 PM

Like emplacements in general. Dunno why they decided to make them the way they are. Not fun for the users or the opponents. As brits, I barely ever build them at all, most games never, as I prefer a more mobile, effective army rather than an artyspam trigger.
19 Apr 2017, 23:41 PM

I think it depends on the map and game format, if it's a small map in a 2v2+ they can team up and bunker down; then for them it's just a waiting game until they can rush to Comets and wreck you because you invested in Stukas and Field guns. I hope though with the changes to Comet it will not be such a big problem.

I once saw a premade 4 man team all pick this command and actually creep with mortar pits and Bofors until they were literally at our door. It was so painful to play against.
20 Apr 2017, 01:29 AM

The problem with this commander is that even when balanced it creates extremely boring gameplay.

The FHQ's not healing themselves would help make this commander be better balanced.
20 Apr 2017, 04:11 AM

I still belive that the problem lies in the mortar pit since it's an integral part of any Sim City.

Think of it as a domino effect, if you remove it and replace it with a mobile mortar team while converting the emplacement into a garrisonable such (to keep the uniqueness of the Brits) which won't be repaired by the FA engineers you've basically solved the problem as most Sim City heavily depend on mortar pita for fire support, the bofors and FAs won't last long without the support of the mortar pits around, plus the mobile mortar teams won't be as cheap as the mortar pit and will be more vulnerable to enemy fire, especially when not garrisoned, but they won't be so resilient even when garrisoned, at least not as much as the Mortar pit is now.

That's my take on it at least, I've done what I've described in my mod and taken inspiration for it from Planet Smasher and Svanh, and I am unable to effectively make a Sim City and that was the point of the change, to make the British Army more mobile and less reliant on static positioning.
20 Apr 2017, 04:21 AM

Go wehrmacht get double 222 or flame ht and burn down his actual HQ while he's setting up his sim city. this is a pretty fun way to counter it cuz he ends up flaming you or rage quitting
20 Apr 2017, 07:20 AM

The problem with this commander is that even when balanced it creates extremely boring gameplay.
The FHQ's not healing themselves would help make this commander be better balanced.

Boring for you perhaps but not for the person playing that commander.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2017, 04:21 AMbert69
Go wehrmacht get double 222 or flame ht and burn down his actual HQ while he's setting up his sim city. this is a pretty fun way to counter it cuz he ends up flaming you or rage quitting

You know what, I am trying that next time I am in a 4v4 match!
Thanks for the suggestion!
20 Apr 2017, 08:29 AM

You know what, I am trying that next time I am in a 4v4 match!
Thanks for the suggestion!

It's rare that you can pull off a good flank and especially a base raid in team games.
20 Apr 2017, 08:41 AM

Brace just need to disable/reduce incoming repairs, and repair engineers should not be allowed to repair forward assemblies; like soviet repair stations (so that there's always a weak link you can get rid of first).

Alternatively, brace should only work if the garrison bonus is active (so that there is some manpower on-the-line).
20 Apr 2017, 08:48 AM

Replace "brace" with "stand fast" or add MU cost to brace. Now one can repair his emplacements without risking MP bleed but has to pay MU for it.
20 Apr 2017, 11:21 AM

The biggest problem I see in 2v2s is that the Brit can easily hold territory with little effort and risk. So his mate can build an aggressive force (like with USF, some nice freedom blob) and attack. Usually, when you force off the blob, its your time to take map control, that's why blobbing is not very effective in the long run. But the problem is that even after beating the one player, the map control still remains uncontested because of the Sim City. So then you have to focus all your units on the emplacements until the other player returns to the field...
20 Apr 2017, 13:02 PM

Can you eplain me via PM how is that possible (use PM please, so we do not get more offtopic :D )

On topic: fighting against the emplacements is always better than against lmg IS blobs, mattresses, comets with party cover, crcos with skillplanez and so on.

Counter are there. If you have problems against emplacements commader, try adding joint operation (OST) or defensive doc(OKW) into your army rooster - at least one player. So you have really good hardcounter to lategame emplacemets. Early on focusing on the other part of map and getting early stuka should be enaugh
20 Apr 2017, 14:09 PM

Is it really fun for anyone to sit and watch a mortar pit a forward assembly and a bofors, while occasionally hitting brace? I cannot imagine not drooling on myself while playing this commander.
20 Apr 2017, 14:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

The introduction of this commander brought about the decline of this game imo. It's just now recovering but this commander I still loathe with a passion.
20 Apr 2017, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2017, 14:16 PMBudwise
The introduction of this commander brought about the decline of this game imo. It's just now recovering but this commander I still loathe with a passion.

I agree, this commander represents almost everything thats wrong with the game. Very noob friendly, hard to counter, plus it is forcing you to play a certain way, or you instant lose. Auto repair makes for little risks of losing engeneers (that you effectively dont need); enemy annoys you with ISG? Just activate 1-click counter-battery. Enemy has tanks? Well, you still have OP-Comet and/or Fireflies...
20 Apr 2017, 14:31 PM

One could simply remove the repair emplacements aspect and make it work like Soviet industry ones...

Repair for F.Assemblies/A.Assemblies really needs to go.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★