Login

russian armor

Infiltration units needs a change

18 Apr 2017, 09:37 AM

Yeah, the Bundle grenade from the Falls is perfectly fine. Only the gammon bomb is broken...

yes, because Allies have bigger squad sizes and fewer support weapons
(+ Falls are the only good thing in that doctrine)
18 Apr 2017, 09:49 AM

Partisans are complete OP in many ways on much maps.

they can take out easy all tanks from axis...even heavy tanks...and cost what? 260 MP only?

18 Apr 2017, 10:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 02:26 AMNano

If they spawned with out weapons, and were still as expensive as they are, people just wouldn't buy them. You don't want to nerf units to the point where people don't want to use them any more (R.I.P IS2). You need to make them balanced as best you can.

+1

Infiltration units are quite expensive, so if you wanna nerf the moment they pop out from a buildings then at least decrease the cost of a unit if it's called from a base sector.
18 Apr 2017, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 08:25 AMVipper

Actually No. JLI come with 3x 98k, 1 scoped 1x G43

ZombiFrancis already rechecked so maybe consider rechecking yourself? I took the information from stat.coh2.hu ... True or not, maybe needs to check in the game itself
18 Apr 2017, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 08:55 AMperuci
The infiltration mechanic is one of the most stupid ideas Relic has ever come up with (and there have been quite a few). I mean, it completely breaks down the flow of the game and can cause a mass retreat, even though your army was set up perfectly to hold the frontline. It negates the core of the game.

I'm actually surprised people are suggesting changes and tweaks to this mechanic. I think it should be out of the game completely.

Make all of these units just come off map like the rest?:huhsign:

This mechanic already existed in CoH 1, but there was only one unit that could be spawned in buildings. And the Falls in vCoH were not as strong by far compared to some of the units in CoH 2 - unless you actually invested ammo to upgrade them, which took some time (what a lot of people suggested here). In CoH 2 you have a wide range of units spawning in buildings that are perfectly fine to kill retreating squads with a modest amount of health and models left, to wipe and steal crew weapons or even to destroy vehicles. Just the amount of those units paired with the fact that most of them are meta commanders (especially the commandos) makes them so stupid.
18 Apr 2017, 10:56 AM

ZombiFrancis already rechecked so maybe consider rechecking yourself? I took the information from stat.coh2.hu ... True or not, maybe needs to check in the game itself

check in game
18 Apr 2017, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 10:56 AMVipper

check in game

I'm pretty sure it's 1 Kar98K, 2 non-scoped G43s and 1 scoped G43... Can you upload a screenshot? (I'm no where near my computer for the next 24 hours so...)‎
18 Apr 2017, 11:32 AM

I'm pretty sure it's 1 Kar98K, 2 non-scoped G43s and 1 scoped G43... Can you upload a screenshot? (I'm no where near my computer for the next 24 hours so...)‎

NO it is not, sorry can not upload now. you can see the 98k here:

http://www.stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=jaeger_light_infantry_recon_squad_mp
18 Apr 2017, 19:09 PM

And because it's the only good thing in this doctrine its ok to be OP.
What a logic.

And FYI, the bundle its very capable of killing all 6 members from the weapon teams (which only the SU have btw) but whatever.
18 Apr 2017, 22:04 PM

Stormtroopers/Jagers are a long range unit.
Spawning in buildings is a CQC action, and therefore counter productive to Jagers.
Spawn them on a remote building where you have a USF player repairing his tank, snipe crew, ????, profit
19 Apr 2017, 05:25 AM

That's a pretty generalist statement. Look at volks vs. IS. The exact opposite of your statement. And t2 soviets play pretty support weapon heavy, as can the brits if they play defensive. As stated somewhere or other, bundled nades still wipe 6 man team weapons fine. I use both falls and commandos and the results from the bundled nades and gammon bombs feel pretty much the same in terms of combat efficiency. The recon run and falls for muni is pretty nice too. Having 3 usable abilities is already miles better than a ton of the EFA commanders, and even some of the later ones as well (feursturm? Mechanized? Tactical support regiment?)
19 Apr 2017, 10:13 AM

The only changes I could find appropriate is allowing to spawn only from building on your (captured) or neutral territory. And maybe from any building but only if you have vision on it (with recon planes, flares too; not a big deal for large modes, but affects 1v1 though).
19 Apr 2017, 10:31 AM
Donator 22

the most frustrating infiltration units are AT Partysans. With there instant AT-nade and schreck combo.
It would be much better, when all infiltration units spawn from buildings with a 30 seconds nade cooldown.
19 Apr 2017, 11:19 AM

Simply remove explosive/AT grenades from infiltration units and replace them whit incendiary/WP grenades.
19 Apr 2017, 16:44 PM

AT Partisans are a joke. Extremely cheap, SUPER fast cooldown, and powerful. Walking Stuka/Panz werf problem? Just spend what a conscript squad costs, pop out of a building, and blow it up.
20 Apr 2017, 02:42 AM

I initially checked the stats and saw that they have the jaeger light infantry package and ambush camo upgrade and erroneously assumed they autofired on them. However, this is not the case. I just got to my computer with CoH2, booted it up and called in a JLI squad.

Definitely 3 Kar98ks.

Let this be a lesson to us all that the game is the final arbiter. :D
20 Apr 2017, 04:02 AM

Let this be a lesson to us all that the game is the final arbiter. :D

Indeed :P

However, it can still work, with the upgrade package being 30 MU. I just had quite a throughout thought about how to make this idea works for all infiltration units:

- All Infiltration units got their cost reduce to about 75% of their price right now, except Wehrmacht' Stormtroopers and OKW's JLI and Partysans (For example: Infiltration Commandos now cost 330 MP, Fallschirmjagers cost 330 MP, AT Partysans cost 200 MP, etc.)

- All Infiltration units now come out with their respective faction's bolt-action rifles (For example: Falls with 4 Kar98ks, Commandos with 4 Lee Enfields, JLI with 4 Kar98ks, Stormtroopers with 4 Kar98ks, AT Partysans with 4 Mosins, etc.)

- All Infiltration units now decap points 10% (or 15% like the Kubel if possible) faster (Maybe consider them losing this feature when upgraded, but it's up to modders/balance makers to think about).‎

- All Infiltration units now have to buy their original weapons for a cost of some MU. For example: ‎
+ Falls pay 100 MU for 4 FG42s.
+ Commandos pay 80 MU for 4 Stens.
+ Stormtroopers pay 100 MU for 4 StG44s (I take this upgrade as the standard for all other upgrades).
+ JLI pay 30 MU for 1 scoped G43 (If possible, I'm suggesting a package of 2 non-scoped G43 and 1 scoped G43 for 75 MU).
+ AT Partysans pay 60 MU for 1 Panzerschreck.‎

- All Infiltration units' grenade start-off with a cool down

This way, Infiltration units will act more like harashers, supply-line disruptors and when needed, support-weapon harasher when upgraded, rather than straight-up support-weapon killers cause in this case, he'll have to spend MU + wait for quite a while before he can use them for assault.
20 Apr 2017, 04:06 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Add in immediate cooldowns to the handheld nuclear bombs they call grenades and I think we're good to go.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★