Lead Strategist Badge

Just watch it!

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousHelpfulOilImGlitch

Have a look on it. Can you fix this?

27 Apr 2017, 12:23 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

and now this:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SoftHomelyWatermelonTinyFace
Its clear that the vet1 ability from Ost need too reload first, when you use it normal. It only works fast, when you already shot a normal shot.

But why the brit sniper shot soo fast this time? Its the opposite to the first thread and link

27 Apr 2017, 12:29 PM

1. When you use attack-moving, you are ordering the sniper to stop and use auto-attack.
Hold fire disabled auto-attack. Working as intended. This is the same behaviour for all units with hold fire.

Verdict: No bug

2. For the second clip, the guy tried to use incendiary rounds.

The intended behaviour for incendiary rounds is to spend a long aiming time reloading the incendiary ammo and fire.

Unfortunately, due to a bug, the reload animation at the start of the ability rarely ever plays out during combat leading to an instant double-tap. Thus, players have grown to expect that incendiary rounds should fire instantly.

Once we feel confident that OST and the OST sniper is in a good spot, we will fix this second bug by enforcing an aiming delay on the incendiary rounds ability.

Verdict: The sniper worked as intended in the clip. We will fix other type of behaviour in the future.

PS: The same bug also affects a multitude of units ranging from the King Tiger, JT, etc, etc.
27 Apr 2017, 12:30 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

1. When you use attack-moving, you are ordering the sniper to stop and use auto-attack.
Hold fire disabled auto-attack. Working as intended. This is the same behaviour for all units with hold fire.

2. For the second clip, the guy tried to use incendiary rounds.

The intended behaviour for incendiary rounds is to spend a long aiming time reloading the incendiary ammo and fire.

Unfortunately, due to a bug, the reload animation at the start of the ability rarely ever plays out during combat leading to an instant double-tap. Thus, players have grown to expect that incendiary rounds should fire instantly.

Once we feel confident that OST and the OST sniper is in a good spot, we will fix this second bug by enforcing an aiming delay on the incendiary rounds ability.

Verdict: The sniper worked as intended in the clip. We will fix other type of behaviour in the future.

PS: The same bug also affects a multitude of units ranging from the King Tiger, JT, etc, etc.

In the 2 clips its about, why the brit sniper shot so fast? Thats looks unnormal. Normaly brit sniper needs longer time to shot
27 Apr 2017, 12:32 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

So whats your advice as brit player?

Don't use hold fire? Or what could luvnest do, to get this Ostsniper in this clip? I mean he was cloak and saw the Ost sniper first uncloaked.
27 Apr 2017, 12:33 PM

I have to check the aiming times.

However, ready-aim time starts counting from the moment you issue the command, rather from when the sniper starts aiming.

The guy that lost his sniper had been in-range of the sniper for long enough.
27 Apr 2017, 12:58 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I have to check the aiming times.

However, ready-aim time starts counting from the moment you issue the command, rather from when the sniper starts aiming.

The guy that lost his sniper had been in-range of the sniper for long enough.

Not sure I understand: So, the OH sniper killed the British sniper via autoattack? That means never have a British sniper attack an OH sniper unless the latter is busy shooting some other dudes, right?

In that case counterplay would be to send in some other squad first that the OH sniper would attack and then attack with the Brit sniper, maybe?

In the different "times" that the engine knows, is there something like an "auto target acquire time" that could be tweaked so that an autoattacking sniper is slower than a manually attacking sniper?

27 Apr 2017, 13:02 PM

Its clearly visible on second video Wherm Sniper started reload for incendiary rounds
27 Apr 2017, 13:03 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Its clearly visible on second video Wherm Sniper started reload for incendiary rounds

We all know this and thats not the problem! Have a look at the brit sniper.

He shot way too fast!
27 Apr 2017, 13:05 PM

Not sure I understand: So, the OH sniper killed the British sniper via autoattack? That means never have a British sniper attack an OH sniper unless the latter is busy shooting some other dudes, right?

In that case counterplay would be to send in some other squad first that the OH sniper would attack and then attack with the Brit sniper, maybe?

In the different "times" that the engine knows, is there something like an "auto target acquire time" that could be tweaked so that an autoattacking sniper is slower than a manually attacking sniper?

The guy using the OH sniper tried using incendiary rounds on the British sniper, mistakenly thinking that incendiary rounds fire faster. (they do fire faster, but only when a bug triggers).

During the time the OH sniper was in range of the Brit sniper, the Brit player may have issued an attack command on the OH sniper. I am guessing ready aim time caused the Brit sniper to derp a bit, preventing it from turning.

By the time the Brit sniper had turned, ready aim timed had factored in, and now it was time for fire-aim time.

During that time, the OH sniper guy may have thought he was safe because the Brit sniper had not yet turned, which explains his reaction.

The OH sniper should have simply right-clicked on the Brit sniper and finish him off using auto-attack.
27 Apr 2017, 13:11 PM
Senior Editor Badge

The guy using the OH sniper tried using incendiary rounds on the British sniper, mistakenly thinking that incendiary rounds fire faster. (they do fire faster, but only when a bug triggers).

Ah, ok, your reply was referring to the second clip, thanks for the clarification.

However, in my question I was actually referring to the first clip where Luvnest tried to take out the OH sniper with the Brit sniper...

27 Apr 2017, 13:13 PM

Ah, ok, your reply was referring to the second clip, thanks for the clarification.

However, in my question I was actually referring to the first clip where Luvnest tried to take out the OH sniper with the Brit sniper...

He should have either:
- Right clicked directly on the sniper (tricky to aim), or
- Turned off hold fire before using A + click

Either would have resulted in Luvnest's sniper scoring a kill.
27 Apr 2017, 13:15 PM

He should have either:
- Right clicked directly on the sniper (tricky to aim), or
- Turned off hold fire before using A + click

Either would have resulted in Luvnest's sniper scoring a kill.

Watch the 1st clip closer: he IS actually manually right clicking and not using A-click.
27 Apr 2017, 13:24 PM

Smith, it is a bug. Look more carefully, it's manually clicked. I had the same issue, i clicked 100 times on enemy sniper while i had hold fire and nothing happened.
27 Apr 2017, 13:40 PM

that was some bs foreal..... luvnest should have shot davms sniper way before..... brits sniper shoots to slow... if its going to shoot that slow give it 25% more range. if not change aim time as the same
27 Apr 2017, 13:53 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

that was some bs foreal..... luvnest should have shot davms sniper way before..... brits sniper shoots to slow... if its going to shoot that slow give it 25% more range. if not change aim time as the same

but look at the 2 clip, there the brit sniper shot super fast. I still don't get it
27 Apr 2017, 15:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

In the first clip maybe something with the brit sniper being prone and the ost sniper crossing laterally out of his "arc," making him start aiming all over again?

It looks like he used a normal attack command on the sniper, not auto attack.
27 Apr 2017, 17:58 PM

i know i should have used normal shot, i misthought i could get shot out faster with incendary (in second clip) but still , i dont understund how this brits sniper works, it focuses first on volks in front of it, then turns and immidiatly shoots, which simply never happens. or is it like , lets say it takes 3 second to aim, you can aim 3 second to other target, then u switch target and instantly shoot target ? so, it doesnt reset aim time ? also, if target passes you from left to right, sniper doesnt even shoot, until target has been directly towards sniper from some period of time, but how in this case sniper just turns and intant shoots, i dont understund it.
that what happened to luvnest, looks more like what i see what happens with brit sniper, not sure if i ever seen that before what happened to me :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment