Login

russian armor

Comet at 20!?! population

7 Apr 2017, 09:36 AM

Permanently Banned
Imo tanks with hight pop cap must be good, so if you whanna try up pop cap of tiger and is-2 them need buff. What the reason nerf comet and make popcap 20 ?
7 Apr 2017, 10:05 AM

Imo tanks with hight pop cap must be good, so if you whanna try up pop cap of tiger and is-2 them need buff. What the reason nerf comet and make popcap 20 ?

Because if we didn't nerf Comet performance, we would have to increase its popcap to 22 or something (also price increase).
7 Apr 2017, 10:54 AM

7 Apr 2017, 11:40 AM
Donator 11

I played a game as usf on steppes where the axis players all constantly overextended their infantry in giant blobs and we wiped the fuck out of their infantry, but then we couldn't destroy their bases because it's such a big map and they just replaced them with panthers and brummbars. They had a pretty small army for a while and it dragged on and on down to like 50 points on their side, but they had caches and marginal field control and by that time they had amassed basically an army of tanks and a couple pios/sturms. So the problem is my BAR riflemen, the other dudes bren tommies, and the other two guys' penals and conscripts were all basically useless, and our tanks eventually got run over by sheer numbers before we could replace them. This whole long anecdote I basically wrote down because I could see the same thing happening, which is a problem because it almost rewards or at least heavily compensates for shitty infantry micro and unit preservation, but with heavies, and increasing the popcap would probably cause this situation, but with heavies: an okw player could just dick around with volks for 30 minutes of a team game and lose most or all of them, and then just call in like 3-4 kts (since I can't see anything over 30 pop for a heavy being balanced for okw) or 2 kts and 2 sturmtigers and it'd just be cheesy as hell. What would you even do against 3 kts? It'd be legitimately unbeatable, but then another or even two other okw players could do the same thing as long as they were backed up by an ost with caches and pios.

I would say that KT being the strongest vehicle in the game could be about 32 pop, so that if you build two of them you are left with only the repair forces and if you try to build 3 you have to rely on teammates/buildings repairing you. Other heavies should be under 30.
7 Apr 2017, 11:42 AM

wtf....u can only build one at the same time...
7 Apr 2017, 11:48 AM
Donator 11

wtf....u can only build one at the same time...

We were discussing relaxing that limit.
7 Apr 2017, 16:13 PM

So Comet + 17 pounder will eat 45 pop while Panther + Pak43 only 26?

LEL

people who think this is fine need to l2p:new:
7 Apr 2017, 16:14 PM

maybe that the comet is the best tank fpr its costs and is easy spamable? which tank:

- cost so less
- has such a great armor, abiltys, speed, crush, HP
- is so effective vs all
- is non doc
- is spamable

hm?

Ummm yeah... so that's why they're nerfing practically everything you listed. Have you read the patch notes? I'm all for the comet nerf btw, but the axis big cats need counterbalancing for that too. No way can anyone argue that a kt is only worth one more popcap than a comet.
7 Apr 2017, 16:17 PM

LUL. Lesson Learnt I hope?
Always invest in AT

Lul you ever try fighting 10 panthers and like 5 brummbars and a tiger? Because I kid you not that's what happened. They had maybe 4 infantry squads (all repairmen) between the four of them. It was one of those games where you start floating fuel like crazy because it goes so long.
8 Apr 2017, 01:45 AM

Ummm yeah... so that's why they're nerfing practically everything you listed. Have you read the patch notes? I'm all for the comet nerf btw, but the axis big cats need counterbalancing for that too. No way can anyone argue that a kt is only worth one more popcap than a comet.

The pop cap of the KT is not exactly high but remember you can only have one.

And dare I say it, but in the current balance a Comet is actually better than a KT. It's cheaper, faster and can own a KT in 1v1 if you micro it correctly.
8 Apr 2017, 03:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2017, 01:45 AMNano

The pop cap of the KT is not exactly high but remember you can only have one.

And dare I say it, but in the current balance a Comet is actually better than a KT. It's cheaper, faster and can own a KT in 1v1 if you micro it correctly.

Yeah but it's also getting needed now and the whole idea seems to be that popcap should reflect "usefulness" or field effectiveness or something of the like; in this case it is being increased on the comet but other heavies could use adjustment to this standard, even though they are limited to one and therefore unspammable.
9 Apr 2017, 02:21 AM

I remember when we all used to dogpile on Relic for over-nerfing units in patches instead of gradually changing units. So now that the community has the power to change the game, you basically nerf everything about the Comet all at once, AND increase its pop? What are you doing? The Comet is good, but it's not *that* good where it needed a nerf this damn hard.

By the way, I'm against upping the population of pretty much anything right now. Army sizes are good now, don't make them smaller. Ffs.
9 Apr 2017, 06:40 AM

Go play balance patch to customs and give feedback in forms of replays. Stop crying like a bitch here.
9 Apr 2017, 08:32 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I never understood why they decreased the pop cap on heavies after limiting to 1
9 Apr 2017, 08:49 AM

Let's play a Fun round of "guess the tank"

i start, So, my tank, it's like a panther but it's

faster, snipes infantry and tanks alike, has more sight, better rotation, easy crush, a gas shot which oneshots At guns, a normal shot which oneshots at guns, blitzkrieg already at vet0 and can't be penetrated by at guns

what is it?
9 Apr 2017, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2017, 02:21 AMKothre
By the way, I'm against upping the population of pretty much anything right now. Army sizes are good now, don't make them smaller. Ffs.

We are not nerfing popcap sizes for the sake of nerfing army sizes. We are nerfing the popcap size of units that get undeservedly low popcap to make things fair for the lategame.

We can't decrease the popcap of ostruppen/conscript squads below 6. It's not possible. If this causes army sizes to decrease to an unsatisfactory level, then we'll just increase maximum popcap to 120 or something.
9 Apr 2017, 11:08 AM

Let's play a Fun round of "guess the tank"

i start, So, my tank, it's like a panther but it's

faster, snipes infantry and tanks alike, has more sight, better rotation, easy crush, a gas shot which oneshots At guns, a normal shot which oneshots at guns, blitzkrieg already at vet0 and can't be penetrated by at guns

what is it?

Cromwell!

or Hans' usual skillless brit abuse
9 Apr 2017, 11:09 AM

KT is 21 pop cap cuz you can only get 1, unlike the comet. Although a call in, it requires tech which puts this unit in a unique spot. KT is very easily countered however, other super heavies like the JT and elephant definitely need a pop cap increase
9 Apr 2017, 12:35 PM

Currently Ostheer is joke. Because of popcap. Right now you cannot have 2 pios, 3 fighting squads at guns, mg and 3 tanks.

Why ? Because their infantry eats more popcap than tanks (stug - 8 popcap, pgrens - 9, pak ~ 7).

I think lovering the popcap for infanry and increasing popcap for tanks is the way to go

(Right now ostheer will have bigger army if they go 2 infantry squads and full tanks than support weapons, infantry and 2 tanks, :clap:)
9 Apr 2017, 15:35 PM

The only factions I have ever run into pop cap issues with on the regular are OST and USF. And I've always been able to circumvent pop cap issues with USF anyway.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★