Login

russian armor

Soviets needs a buff

5 Apr 2017, 05:25 AM
Developer Relic Badge

What soviets need is NON USELESS veterancy...

What is the difference between a vet0 t34 to a vet 3? NONE in terms of combat usefulness, no bonus to pen/acc/damage.

Seems you need to re-read this.

T-34s get very nifty reload bonuses and are dirt cheap along with being relatively easy to vet up. Shooting more = more damage and DPS.

On the actual issue, Conscripts could use some changes, though likely to their own upgrades and maybe their reinforce cost to emphasize the role as meatshields/cheap support troops.
5 Apr 2017, 05:29 AM

Seems you need to re-read this.

T-34s get very nifty reload bonuses and are dirt cheap along with being relatively easy to vet up. Shooting more = more damage and DPS.

On the actual issue, Conscripts could use some changes, though likely to their own upgrades and maybe their reinforce cost to emphasize the role as meatshields/cheap support troops.

yeah bro, shooting more totally = more damage...

except when 90% of the times t34 either miss or don't pen... And the difference is MINIMAL (so, you shoot 3 times when you were supposed to shoot 2? BOO HOO big difference... t34s tend to die before even managing to shoot twice)
5 Apr 2017, 06:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2017, 04:42 AMKothre
Let's not even mention the unusable piece of lumbering garbage that is the ISU-152.

I just wanted to write about it, do not forget about IS-2 and KV-8. Damn all the Soviet Heavy tanks are not worth their price
5 Apr 2017, 06:21 AM

For T-34, can also make armor for the veterans, but no one will draw another model of the tank.

T-34 with additional front armor
5 Apr 2017, 07:21 AM

buffing cons will go a long way.

revert their initial received accuracy to be the same as grens, buff their accuracy up close to guards, but lower their shot damage to 12.

make conscripts more consistent in their shots, allow them to gain at a less erratic rate because they can hit better now.

the problem has been that relic weighs squad durability to squad firepower to be the same. but in actual fact, squad firepower should be a much more prized attritube to have for infantry.

2ndly, spread conscripts vet out among the levels. at vet3, conscripts on paper have very good vet. but they come at improper times

give conscripts vet1:
+25% molotov range. -10% weapon cooldown, trip flare.

vet2:
-10% weapon cooldown +20% weapon accuracy -20% received accuracy

vet3:
-25% AT nade recharge rate +20% weapon accuracy -20% received accuracy.

this does not change a vet3 conscript vet bonuses. but the idea is to reduce the power spikes offered by lmg42 upgrades available to grenadiers and so vetted conscripts can still have a better chance to stay on the field against upgraded volks/grens.
5 Apr 2017, 13:34 PM

Since that time there have been some changes
-Sandbag nerf
-Mg 34 nondoctrinal
-Mg42 from hq and buffed
-Pgs buffed
-Volks buffed
-OKW full munitions and fuel income
-222 buffed
-Flamer Ht buffed
-Pios buffed

(...) cons have remained unchanged (...)

Actually, cons had a negative RA stat that got changed. But you are right, there were a lot of changes.

BUT, the strategy still works. I know because I've seen it, and used it. It just requires A LOT of micro, as it always did.
5 Apr 2017, 14:46 PM

Fuck Coh2, this game will never be balance its just a never ending seesaw that's been going on what 5 years? Its a joke this game should just be buried and start over ^^ The mechanics are ridiculous and broken. Why does it make sense that all soviet tanks are worthless? The T34 was a feared tank wtf is this pee shooter that cant hit shit or penetrate shit since this game came out? Stupid, ridiculous, and not fun. I decided to come back check out the patch but its same ole shit just seesaw the balance the other way with ridiculous changes that don't make sense like the penals at rifle... ROFL The community isn't gonna be able to do much better then the paid Relic balancers the concept of what makes balance in this game was broken from the beginning and cannot be fixed.

Not only that all the changes made which in the long run don't end up doing crap for real balance just end up eliminating more options and strategies from the game making the game ever duller and less fun to play.
5 Apr 2017, 15:07 PM

Soviets need weapon upgrades for conscripts in T4 and non-doc T34-85.
5 Apr 2017, 15:30 PM

lets buff penals i would say 4Head
7 Apr 2017, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2017, 15:07 PMAradan
Soviets need weapon upgrades for conscripts in T4 and non-doc T34-85.

NOPE to both, horrible idea, just stop... Soviets are convoluted as it is. This kind of thing would just make them worst...

Like I said before and some others too, soviets needs better veterancy (by better I mean, less stupid, ones that makes more sense) starting with conscripts.
7 Apr 2017, 18:50 PM

NOPE to both, horrible idea, just stop... Soviets are convoluted as it is. This kind of thing would just make them worst...

Like I said before and some others too, soviets needs better veterancy (by better I mean, less stupid, ones that makes more sense) starting with conscripts.

No, your idea is bad. In the current meta, cons get wiped by indirect and T34's get wiped by TD's or super-TD's. Improved veterancy won't do anything to that, other than make people rage quit when their vet 3 T34 goes up in smoke. Until the core armies are somewhat comparable, balance will be impossible.
7 Apr 2017, 22:08 PM

I think a lot problem is the Okw itself, wer vs sov is just fine but vs OKW is really off. In some weird twist of fate the OKW once again turned to the best faction.
8 Apr 2017, 00:30 AM

I don't see Soviets anymore in matchmaking or even in casts...
8 Apr 2017, 00:48 AM

It's almost as if design issues can't be resolved through balancing individual units...
8 Apr 2017, 01:37 AM

I still blame that stupid OKW rework ages ago...

Too rushed.
8 Apr 2017, 02:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2017, 01:37 AMNano
I still blame that stupid OKW rework ages ago...

Too rushed.

Which one? :D

:guyokay:
8 Apr 2017, 03:42 AM

I got a good idea how to balance okw. simply by change the starting unit, volks start instead of storm pio, and give the difference in mp to the okw player. So cons and eng can actually have a chance to fight okw early.
8 Apr 2017, 03:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2017, 20:13 PMVipper
Buffing EFA to WFA is a bad idea. The longer the infantry fights are the more tactical and less RNG they become. It is the WFA that need to toned down.

I was originally all for this idea btw.

The problem is that if you take all infantry and scale it back, you would have to rework tank vs. infantry dps, and much more importantly, close quarters infantry would always beat the snot out of long range infantry. This is because if they all go at the same speed but all do less dps, the cqb troops will have a much easier time closing to < 10 meters, and would take less damage in the process, basically making it so that cqb troops always have the advantage. With the current efa cqb troops this isn't so much of a problem since they consist of shocks, assgrens, pios, and pgrens, all of which except pgrens aren't that great and pgrens are a weird mid/close squishy squad so they kinda don't even count. Also, grenades would be op as shit for the same reason. You could just break cover, chuck a nade, and run back to safety and be way less punished than with the current overall damage model. That's just my opinion anyway.
8 Apr 2017, 04:01 AM

yeah bro, shooting more totally = more damage...

except when 90% of the times t34 either miss or don't pen... And the difference is MINIMAL (so, you shoot 3 times when you were supposed to shoot 2? BOO HOO big difference... t34s tend to die before even managing to shoot twice)

I'd just like to point out that shooting 3 times instead of 2 is a 50% dps increase.
8 Apr 2017, 05:39 AM

I'd just like to point out that shooting 3 times instead of 2 is a 50% dps increase.

I just did a test, when t34 vs kt facing the front, only 2 shots penetrated out of 10. Not moving, T34 really is not a game changer, even you have more than 3. Unless you have endless fuel. The accuracy T34 has is really bad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★