Login

russian armor

MARCH 28th UPDATE

PAGES (12)down
29 Mar 2017, 13:03 PM

Can anyone explain why nerfing penals as hard as this, reducing received accuracy as well as removing flamethrowers AND oorah, whilst only giving them PTRS (which make them hardly usable against both infantry and tanks by the midgame) and sticky satchels (with a slow and easily interruptible throw), is a great change?

In general, this patch seems like a nerf fest, for the worse..

Because they were overperforming like hell, before.
29 Mar 2017, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2017, 13:03 PMLoxley

Because they were overperforming like hell, before.

good to know that there's always the nerfhammer to look forward to
29 Mar 2017, 13:15 PM

Can anyone explain why nerfing penals as hard as this, reducing received accuracy as well as removing flamethrowers AND oorah, whilst only giving them PTRS (which make them hardly usable against both infantry and tanks by the midgame) and sticky satchels (with a slow and easily interruptible throw), is a great change? (and increased popcap cost to top it off)

T1 may be completely worthless now...PTRS alone don't and can't make up for it

A combination of abusive meta (OP Penals, OP Light vehicles) made it impossible/unattractive to utilise the rest of the assets of T1 (Sniper/M3A1). With the changes T1 should feel less like a "Company of Penals".

Penal satchel is meant as a stop-gag solution for lights that try to circlestrafe your Zis gun. In the late-game you can combine the satchel with button.

For PTRS, you are supposed to use the fact that they have a high drop chance on Penals. That way you -might- be able to reclaim Penals for late-game use (after you used their PTRS to go through the early-game), pass their PTRS over to Conscripts.

Try to think of how you would adapt in the new meta.
29 Mar 2017, 13:31 PM

Penal remain the strongest infantry in their time frame.

They are comparably to PF with g43 that is a CP2 units with a 90 mu upgrade.

Actually their initial punch has not been nerfed enough.
29 Mar 2017, 13:49 PM

if we ignore the obvious allied fanboys who screwed the balance in first place....we can easily say stug-e is fine and penals maybe will have to see the meta evolve
29 Mar 2017, 14:05 PM

Can anyone explain why nerfing penals as hard as this, reducing received accuracy as well as removing flamethrowers AND oorah, whilst only giving them PTRS (which make them hardly usable against both infantry and tanks by the midgame) and sticky satchels (with a slow and easily interruptible throw), is a great change? (and increased popcap cost to top it off)

Along with making Guards semi main line infantry, it's a secret agenda to use maxim spam even more often :megusta:
29 Mar 2017, 16:56 PM

In what way is the Stug-E overperforming atm? Is it against garrisons? Is it against clumped squads?

Remember that due to the HP/projectile nerfs the Stug-E is vulnerable as fuck to light vehicles and anti-tank guns. Just put some Guards in an M3A1, and your Stug-E problems are gone :snfPeter:

Just seems to be very good vs infantry in general and its still cheap and spammable. You're right in that its kind of a glass cannon now. I feel like its kind of the role flakpanzer has in scavenger doctrine from okw, you use it to slam down their infantry and you just get AT from other sources.

Maybe it's just me who finds it too good idk, to me its like a little Brummbär. it's not uncommon for it to consistently snipe like 2 models per shot if they are in any way clumped it's even better. And with the good range it has it's a fairly safe buy despite being more of a glass cannon now
29 Mar 2017, 17:58 PM

A combination of abusive meta (OP Penals, OP Light vehicles) made it impossible/unattractive to utilise the rest of the assets of T1 (Sniper/M3A1). With the changes T1 should feel less like a "Company of Penals".

Penal satchel is meant as a stop-gag solution for lights that try to circlestrafe your Zis gun. In the late-game you can combine the satchel with button.

For PTRS, you are supposed to use the fact that they have a high drop chance on Penals. That way you -might- be able to reclaim Penals for late-game use (after you used their PTRS to go through the early-game), pass their PTRS over to Conscripts.

are penals going to drop them that often where i can look forward to it? and it seems when i used them earlier i didnt even drop any whole game
29 Mar 2017, 19:08 PM

How could you do this to all the "dead geme" spouters? You hurt their feelings!
29 Mar 2017, 19:35 PM

In my opinion the Brits are know even stronger than before at least against OKW. Because the Rifle Blob is now more spread than before, OKW Stukas and ISG are far less effective against them. And because of that your OKW infantry gets overrun easily by them. I played both sides in 3v3 and 4v4, and I have to say its far more easy now to play against OKW as a Brit at least in early to mid.
29 Mar 2017, 22:02 PM

In my opinion the Brits are know even stronger than before at least against OKW. Because the Rifle Blob is now more spread than before, OKW Stukas and ISG are far less effective against them. And because of that your OKW infantry gets overrun easily by them. I played both sides in 3v3 and 4v4, and I have to say its far more easy now to play against OKW as a Brit at least in early to mid.

Yep. Had few games against UKF as OKW, got absolutely destroyed.
This is one of those things that happen when you dont have the money for a full comprehensive testing.
29 Mar 2017, 22:52 PM

Yep. Had few games against UKF as OKW, got absolutely destroyed.
This is one of those things that happen when you dont have the money for a full comprehensive testing.

No,

This is one of those things that happen when you play 3vs3 and 4v4
30 Mar 2017, 00:16 AM

Just a question? What happened to the removal of double brens and lmgs? And what happened to the ammo cost for SU-barrage?
30 Mar 2017, 01:14 AM

So the new Soviet meta is supposed to be:
Buy Penals
Upgrade to PTRS
Get Penals wiped so they drop their weapons
Pick up PTRS with Conscripts in late game

If, by some chance, this new meta doesn't work out, is there a backup plan for the Soviets besides increased maxim spam?

30 Mar 2017, 01:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 01:14 AMGrumpy

So the new Soviet meta is supposed to be:
Buy Penals
Upgrade to PTRS
Get Penals wiped so they drop their weapons
Pick up PTRS with Conscripts in late game

If, by some chance, this new meta doesn't work out, is there a backup plan for the Soviets besides increased maxim spam?

Doesn't really seem to be, the massive nerf they took seems to have made them far less useful, and T1 as a whole is a complete joke with the sniper nerf and the lack of any changes to the clown car.

I really don't see the point of ever going T1, maxim and mortars to guards (which were also heavily nerfed) seems to be the only viable way to play soviets now. Or at least I am having absolutely no luck with the PTRS penals, If the whole point of them was to give the soviets some AT out of T1, they are basically now a crappy unit which scales poorly at AI due to the PTRS, and completely obsolete once guards hit the field. At least before they had utility with the satchel and the flamethrower all the way into the late game.

No idea what purpose they serve now besides being a much shittier version of a guard squad.
30 Mar 2017, 05:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 01:14 AMGrumpy

Try 3 consider into clownew car. It can work. Espečiatky against Ost because 222 arrives later
30 Mar 2017, 08:35 AM

Mr.smith There is a glitch when a model in penal squad getting killed while threw a satchel (satchel already threw but the animation hadn't done yet) another squadmate will thrown a second one which mean double satchel

it's pretty rare to happen consider on if the armor focus on the one who threw or did they finish their motion yet or did the tank reverse back before get a second satchel but, in RNG game like this im pretty sure it will going to trigger people a lot
30 Mar 2017, 09:29 AM

I did see a full ptrs penal squad (injured but full) get slaughtered by a 222. If ptrs can't even counter light vehicles what is it for?
30 Mar 2017, 10:31 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 00:16 AMGarrett
Just a question? What happened to the removal of double brens and lmgs? And what happened to the ammo cost for SU-barrage?

double M1919's are no longer possible. Rifles can still get double bren (I mean BAR) - it's rear echelons that can only equip 1.
30 Mar 2017, 10:51 AM

Mr.smith There is a glitch when a model in penal squad getting killed while threw a satchel (satchel already threw but the animation hadn't done yet) another squadmate will thrown a second one which mean double satchel

it's pretty rare to happen consider on if the armor focus on the one who threw or did they finish their motion yet or did the tank reverse back before get a second satchel but, in RNG game like this im pretty sure it will going to trigger people a lot

While I know this is possible to happen if you have cheatmod on, have you also encountered that in the live game?
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS