Login

russian armor

Raketen camo needs to be changed

Vaz
24 Feb 2017, 08:55 AM

The way this camo works right now is stupid. More and more people are using this ability offensively than defensively. Yes it's slow, I know. It's still become very popular. I think for gameplay it's stupid and I think for realism it's stupid. I would prefer it work like snipers, where you need at least light cover (I think the soviet zis should be like this too, but it might be harder because the gun provides cover) in order to activate camo. Also, camo would not be a toggle, it would just happen automatically like falls. With the vehicle firing toggle on, it's pretty abusable. people usually send 2 of them across large distances, right out in the open and just forget about them until they fire, then retreat them. I don't think it's winning anyone games, but it's really cheesy. I think if the zis was faster, soviet players would be cheesing with zis too, but the zis crawls under camo.
24 Feb 2017, 09:49 AM

i would choose an at gun which can deal with tanks over a sneaky at gun which shoot in ground, aim toooooo sloooow, wipes zu 85% after the first shoot from allie tanks
24 Feb 2017, 09:57 AM

Rakketen and JP are nerfed allot in WBP with the changes in camo.
24 Feb 2017, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2017, 09:57 AMVipper
Rakketen and JP are nerfed allot in WBP with the changes in camo.

It's so unfair isn't it. :(

So damn wrong.
24 Feb 2017, 10:05 AM

It's so unfair isn't it. :(

So damn wrong.

Actually is what OP is asking for, nerf to Rakketen cloak.
24 Feb 2017, 10:28 AM

What's going on these days? People complaining about Raketenwerfers being OP?

If someone sends two cloaked Raketens over the map running with snail speed and then fucking with your tanks, then you don't deserve it better. The Raketenwerfer is by far the worst AT gun (let's pretend M-42 doesn't exist) in the game. It needs its retreat functionality because it dies when even looking at it.

Additionally it most of the time forgets to fire and is mostly wiped by a single mortar shot.
24 Feb 2017, 11:13 AM

Permanently Banned
Very unreliable unit, it will miss at the most critical time, multiple times in a row too xD. :(
24 Feb 2017, 12:30 PM

I agree, however it's aim time and shooting ground should also be fixed.

Or just entirely replace it with the Pak 38 from the old game, that's also an option.

I am not even sure why the Pak 38 had camo there and not some other ability.
24 Feb 2017, 12:45 PM

leave it alone.

the only problem with raketen is crew firing with Luger on tank while camo (!!!!!) and the constand misss of the first shot (!!!!!)

also they usually get one-shotted regularly from the front by tanks
24 Feb 2017, 12:48 PM

leave it alone.

the only problem with raketen is crew firing with Luger on tank while camo (!!!!!) and the constand misss of the first shot (!!!!!)

also they usually get one-shotted regularly from the front by tanks

The first problem has been solved in WBP.

For the 2nd problem I would say the raketenwerfer should get an accuracy bonus when firing from stealth, but get a token speed debuff when moving around in camo at Vet1; i.e., the raketenwerfer should not stealth around without penalties (say -20% speed).

Also make the damn thing unsuppressable
24 Feb 2017, 14:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For the 2nd problem I would say the raketenwerfer should get an accuracy bonus when firing from stealth, but get a token speed debuff when moving around in camo at Vet1; i.e., the raketenwerfer should not stealth around without penalties (say -20% speed).

Would giving the OPERATORS, not the crew, heavy cover make it OP? Like in the opposite way all other AT guns behave.
People get confused by thinking that the gunners have green cover while only the guys standing besides and apart from the weapon might get it. But other AT guns benefit from having a chance of the shot been absorbed by the AT gun model.

I think this would not make too much of a difference against tanks but mostly against indirect fire.
25 Feb 2017, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2017, 08:55 AMVaz
More and more people are using this ability offensively than defensively.
-------
people usually send 2 of them across large distances, right out in the open and just forget about them until they fire, then retreat them.

I can't think of any other offensive capability for this unit other than sneaking to an unguarded territory point and capping it while cloaked. It sure as hell is not going to kill any tanks even with 2 of them "roaming" around. It doesen't have any bonus sight so without support its really, really useless. Retreating after shooting is nowhere near a guarantee that this unit will survive an unsupported fight, since the guy "carrying" the gun is the most likely one to be shot and hence the retreating will stop untill any surviving crew member takes his place (or gets killed before doing so). So if you do find that your enemy is using unsupported cloaked raketens against you, you will have more than enough time to react. You might get hit once, but the odds are not in the favour of raketen by any long shot.
Vaz
25 Feb 2017, 07:53 AM

Well I want to say a few things, I figured some of you would try to derail this thread, but I didn't think it would be pretty much everyone.

First - the raketen is not OP

Next - Yes, we all know it's a shitty gun and misses on the first shot. This thread is not about that. That is a bug and is expected to fixed in updates.

Yes, 2 Raketens can destroy shit and there is pretty much no way for you to know and you have to get lucky to stop them (by wandering into their path, before they get there). It's hard to do that, when you don't even know they are there.

Some particularly vulnerable units are artillery pieces. Especially the mobile ones like the sexton, priest, and katyusha. It's a 2 shot kill maximum on all of them and they are all slow af.

Keep in mind also, that it doesn't even have to fire. It could just stealth around to allow offmaps to be called in. This used to be something to do in coh1 pretty easily, but coh2 had mostly moved away from that with camo in cover only.

So I don't know that this would officially be considered a nerf, it seems like these little extra perks are not in line with similar abilities in the game. So yea, it's performance does need to be fixed and if that happens while keeping this cloaking mechanism the same, there will be increasing abuse of it, considering it isn't really that slow in camo.

I'm surprised it doesn't. In coh1 the pak got a first strike bonus and I thought it was great. I would certainly recommend adding first strike bonuses.
aaa
25 Feb 2017, 08:37 AM

How raks arent op you can see from joris jove game. When he moved his rak just inside his base and killed heavy tank.
25 Feb 2017, 10:24 AM

I would love to see Zis crowling into my territory. Coz I really like free Zis for me.
25 Feb 2017, 13:54 PM

Let's nerf the shittiest AT gun aside from the M41. While we're at that let's nerf the M41 as well.
25 Feb 2017, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2017, 07:53 AMVaz
Well I want to say a few things, I figured some of you would try to derail this thread, but I didn't think it would be pretty much everyone.

When everyone disagrees with you, that's the point to concede you may be wrong.

In a game currently dominated by allied light armour, I'd say the Raketen needs all the help it can get.

PS - Disagreeing does NOT equal derailing. #datbias.
25 Feb 2017, 16:41 PM

its cheesy and abusive, the 1v1 trolls wont care about it, but in team games it can be really cancerous

as far as i know, the vet1 removes the slow cloak speed. so yeah...
25 Feb 2017, 16:50 PM

The mechanic is cheesy, but the rak couldn't take much more in the ways of nerfs. Keep in mind that in the late game an OKW player may need to play with only raks and infantry. Nerfs would mean that as soon as your first tank died it would be gg as Allied armor rolled over you.

I wouldn't mind seeing green cover added to the gun to help crew members survive single indirect fire weapons hits. A single lucky mortar hit can end an attack before anyone knew it was started.
Vaz
26 Feb 2017, 00:13 AM

its cheesy and abusive, the 1v1 trolls wont care about it, but in team games it can be really cancerous

as far as i know, the vet1 removes the slow cloak speed. so yeah...

Oh this might be what it is. I'll be on the lookout for that. I didn't realize that vet1 removed the slow speed. Well, I guess Relic must have thought long and hard about this and felt this is how they want it to be used. I doubt it affects 1v1 that much, but it's pretty cheap in team games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★