Login

russian armor

39min to bring down one bofors..

9 Feb 2017, 23:17 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

When you're playing a UKF cancer guy that's using repair emplacements, just use the Stuka AT strafe from the CAS commander. At 90 munitions, it's the cheapest way to guarantee a kill vs forward assemblies.

Thank me later.

They are talking about OKW^^. not Wehrmacht.

With Wehrmacht you can for example sniper + stug. Sniper to kill their paks( which counters your stug) and stug can kill bofors, mortarpits.

Or as you said the CAS doc. Or Mortarhft or Flamerhft with groundattack on some maps.

And its allways cancer to paly vs emplacement spam, but if you can destroying in beging or lategame, then you are fine.

But i agree on some maps, its very hard to fight against.

Also possible go Osttruppen or skip t1 as Wehrmacht to deal vs brits. There are some ways.

Acutally imo on open maps Wehrmacht can deal much better vs Brits then okw :)
*Sniper* *Hust*, *Osttruppen* Hust*
9 Feb 2017, 23:36 PM

Hmmm... does it make any difference on how exactly you paint the target or just put it on top? There is naughty bug with the IL2 strafe run which makes it quite good, if you can actually make it shoot at what you want.
Also does the Stuka strafe kill other emplacements as easily ?

I've never noticed any difference when aiming it on forward assemblies. Just pick a direction that goes along the long side of the assembly, and it will die. Bonus points if you kill reinforcing infantry with it.
10 Feb 2017, 09:17 AM

Brace always has been and forever shall be the biggest issue with Brit emplacements. It shouldn't be in the game, period.

If they remove Brace then the emplacements should have much more health. If not then just remove them all together from the game.
10 Feb 2017, 12:06 PM

Just imagine Germans had the "Krupp Steel" ability on their tanks that would make them take almost no damage from AT. This is what brace is. It counters the counter to emplacements.

And before you try to bring smoke into play: Any braindead can attack ground and still kill the tank + it costs ammunition + it´s locked in doctrines.

Brace is just that: Invincibility.
10 Feb 2017, 12:15 PM

If they remove Brace then the emplacements should have much more health. If not then just remove them all together from the game.

Or maybe put them in line with german emplacements?

Which can be decrewed, bombarded to oblivion or just wasted by AT guns?

10 Feb 2017, 12:47 PM

Or maybe put them in line with german emplacements?

Which can be decrewed, bombarded to oblivion or just wasted by AT guns?

ok but i want pershing with KT health and rockert arty in tier 3
10 Feb 2017, 12:50 PM

Just imagine Germans had the "Krupp Steel" ability on their tanks that would make them take almost no damage from AT. This is what brace is. It counters the counter to emplacements.

And before you try to bring smoke into play: Any braindead can attack ground and still kill the tank + it costs ammunition + it´s locked in doctrines.

Brace is just that: Invincibility.

It doesn't quite work as a comparison unless your hypothetical ability also stops the tank from moving and shooting also. And it's still not a counter because the thing that threatens it will still be there after it runs out unless you properly counter it.

I think Brace is too powerful but it's also necessary to have something of its sort otherwise the emplacements become stationary death pits of doom.

Short of removal of emplacements, which is really not happening, the brace skill is needed, though it needs to be changed.

It might just need the damage reduction reduced a bit so it's destroyable with concentrated fire but gives enough time to counter the enemy before the emplacement dies if you have units nearby.
10 Feb 2017, 14:03 PM

Maybe this bofor shouldnt be a brain-afk unit as it is. it need no mirco..and with the right commander...u didnt even need to reapair it.. (WTF)

it have no manpower drain with the right commander (wtf)

and oh..u want to try to cap all other areas? or want to attack the brits base?? to bad that the retreat is much often along the bofors, and all ur units will be killed....cause this bofors move its turrent faster than a Gepard. (wtf)

maybe this units should be change to need micro...like an mg...with an angel...or other options.

and when u use a 250 ammo commander ability...it should go down like a schwerer which cost 120 gas!!!
10 Feb 2017, 14:56 PM

When you're playing a UKF cancer guy that's using repair emplacements, just use the Stuka AT strafe from the CAS commander. At 90 munitions, it's the cheapest way to guarantee a kill vs forward assemblies.

Thank me later.

OKW stuka can also kill with one barrage, you just need to get the stuka close to make the spread of the rockets smaller.
10 Feb 2017, 15:06 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2017, 14:56 PMzerocoh

OKW stuka can also kill with one barrage, you just need to get the stuka close to make the spread of the rockets smaller.

Wait what? :P

Pls show me that in a short replay / video man ;)
10 Feb 2017, 15:19 PM

That's what the people who are calling for a nerf want, today emplacements, tomorrow Brits.

I played in a 3v3 against two brit players who went Advanced Emplacements. It did stretch the game to about 30 minutes while we destroyed at least five mortar pits and three bofors. Bofors aren't that good and building them probably causes more losses than wins.
10 Feb 2017, 15:31 PM

I suspect Brits are basically meant to draw the 4v4/teamgame community into 1v1. They have a low overall skill ceiling, and require quite limited micro to make them perform strongly as exemplified by emplacements, hence the host of top 50 Brit players that cannot even break top 200 with other factions.
10 Feb 2017, 15:54 PM

Wait what? :P

Pls show me that in a short replay / video man ;)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-giheKCCS-qMTluVjc3a0JjRVU

It's really easy to do.

(I don't know if you can download the file, let me know so I can change the setting.)

also, stukas are op af, if you are playing OKW making one is MANDATORY especially on team games.

you need the command cheat 2 mod to view
10 Feb 2017, 16:04 PM

I play only 2v2....and when u can bring down a well supportet bofors with 2-3 ISG...u play in a low level.

all time u try to bring down a bofors with isg...the mortas and counter batterien will work aginats u..or a rush from the teammate.

ur theory is bullshit in higher player lvl

so bring down the mortars first
10 Feb 2017, 16:06 PM

I suspect Brits are basically meant to draw the 4v4/teamgame community into 1v1. They have a low overall skill ceiling, and require quite limited micro to make them perform strongly as exemplified by emplacements, hence the host of top 50 Brit players that cannot even break top 200 with other factions.

dude, you noob is showing.

Brits are essentially the allied WM with worse MG and faster tanks.
11 Feb 2017, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2017, 16:06 PMzerocoh

dude, you noob is showing.

Brits are essentially the allied WM with worse MG and faster tanks.

Vickers worst MG than mg42 ? wait what
11 Feb 2017, 10:38 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2017, 10:29 AMBlalord

Vickers worst MG than mg42 ? wait what

It depens of the situation:

A) Mg42 pinns faster then wickers

B) in closerange mg42 wins vs wickers

C) In longrange wickers win vs mg42

D) Wickers deals more single damage then mg42
11 Feb 2017, 14:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

D) Wickers deals more single damage then mg42

Cause it can't suppress soon enough, avoiding the RA buff :P

MG42 can still be used in late game. Once there is enough craters, good luck suppressing something with a Vickers.
AP rounds are amazing but the vet1 bonus from the Vickers is REALLY annoying (hey just like the whole faction)
14 Feb 2017, 06:28 AM

Cause it can't suppress soon enough, avoiding the RA buff :P

MG42 can still be used in late game. Once there is enough craters, good luck suppressing something with a Vickers.
AP rounds are amazing but the vet1 bonus from the Vickers is REALLY annoying (hey just like the whole faction)

^
16 Feb 2017, 17:33 PM

^

See, the thing about brits is that they have some stupidly cheesy and easy to use units but also lack a lot (especially if you don't play sim city). The way I play brits is really skill based, but kinda crutches off of some of their main advantages that sort of fill gaps in their lineup. For example, gammon bombs out of camo are really cheesy, but I don't build pits, so I need them for mg's and pak walls, and since brits don't have snares, I use the sniper as much as possible so I don't get slaughtered by double 222 or a fast luchs before my aec hits the field (usually only comes about a min later but that time is really valuable). They're just kind of a weird faction. I feel like infantry sections are kind of a microchosm of the whole faction: they have some things you could consider "OP" (five man upgrade, double brens) but also have so serious stumbling blocks like being shitty at anything other than long range and an out-of-cover debuff and a really hard time assualthing things (especially mg's).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
Peru 18
United Kingdom 46
unknown 5
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W