Login

russian armor

British Sniper Attack move

6 Feb 2017, 17:21 PM

If I set my British sniper to attack move he fails to take a shot when an enemy is within range. Anyone else have this or notice this issue?
6 Feb 2017, 17:24 PM

Is this bug still present in WBP? IIRC that was fixed in v1.0. Let me know if this is still the case.
6 Feb 2017, 17:34 PM

No clue - if it was fixed for an upcoming patch or if this is a redundant post, then the MODS=GODS can remove this post.
7 Feb 2017, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2017, 17:21 PMGdot
If I set my British sniper to attack move he fails to take a shot when an enemy is within range. Anyone else have this or notice this issue?

Oh, i thought i was alone ... i was going mad
aaa
7 Feb 2017, 09:52 AM

Every sniper does this for 6 months minimum. And does it often. I thought its actualy ok wince snipers are op. More user input to manualy select target.
There are balance issues with snipers. This one is not.
7 Feb 2017, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2017, 09:52 AMaaa
Every sniper does this for 6 months minimum. And does it often. I thought its actualy ok wince snipers are op. More user input to manualy select target.
There are balance issues with snipers. This one is not.

A bug is a bug, a bug is not a way to solve balance
7 Feb 2017, 11:55 AM
Admin Red  Badge

What Gdot describes does also apply for German and Soviet Snipers for me. They do not shoot but move forward.
7 Feb 2017, 14:07 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Yep it's broken.
7 Feb 2017, 14:31 PM

7 Feb 2017, 14:49 PM

I've had problems with the British sniper not shooting in the current version of the game. I didn't know it was the A-move causing it and just stopped using the sniper. I tried recreating it in a comp-stomp last night and the sniper worked normally, even with an a-move so I wonder if there is more than just an a-move or if it is just intermittent.
7 Feb 2017, 15:38 PM

Could any of you verify that you've encountered this bug in WBP? I'm pretty sure I've done the necessary changes to address this issue.

Understand that we do not the necessary amount of time to recheck every single bugfix we have included for every version of WBP we have put out. We simply do not have the manpower for that.

You are not helping us in any way by reporting bugs that we have already addressed. This is unless you want Winter Balance Patch to stand for Winter Balance patch 2018.

For every false alarm you report, I might end up having to waste one hour of personal time:
- To check what causes the bug in the live version
- To try to reproduce the bug in WBP
- To try to see what else could produce the bug in WBP that we haven't thought of
- To think of any ramifications that the changes we included could have on other, unrelated issues

If there are 10 people reporting the same bug, surely there must be some way we could crowdsource that time down to 6 minutes per person, rather than piling another hour of workload on the same person that implemented the bugfix in the first place.

The only other option we have is scaling down the number of bugfixes to something manageable (say 10-15). That way, everybody knows what's been fixed, or what has not been fixed.

7 Feb 2017, 15:57 PM

wtf mr. smith???? he just created a thread in coh2.org to show a bug...

is only allowed to talk about your mod in this whole forum????
7 Feb 2017, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2017, 15:57 PMFul4n0
wtf mr. smith???? he just created a thread in coh2.org to show a bug...

is only allowed to talk about your mod in this whole forum????

We are the only entity that fixes bugs at this point. This means that the bug can only be addressed in something like a WBP. Thus, in effect, WBP counts as the live version. A bug report that no longer applies to the live version (WBP) only serves to deny what little manpower resources we have.

As the person responsible for typing in the WBP mod, I need to ensure that the quality is top-notch. Thus, I need to know whether this bug still exists in the live version (WBP) or not.

If the bug still exists, then the bugfix I included is useless (which means I might have included more bugs in the game). Thus, I would have to revert the bugfixes I included for both snipers and camouflaged AT guns.

We're trying to help you to help us (e.g., my first post about "Is this still applicable in WBP?"), but you also need to help us to help you (e.g., commit some effort from your side, so that playtesting Relic's implementation of WBP will take closer to 2 days rather than 2 months).

Bottomline: What I'm asking for here is. Can one of you guys test whether this bug still applies to WBP? If none of you volunteers, I'll have to recheck this myself. And, if I have to keep rechecking every single report by myself, that might delay things.
7 Feb 2017, 16:58 PM

We are the only entity that fixes bugs at this point. This means that the bug can only be addressed in something like a WBP. Thus, in effect, WBP counts as the live version. A bug report that no longer applies to the live version (WBP) only serves to deny what little manpower resources we have.

As the person responsible for typing in the WBP mod, I need to ensure that the quality is top-notch. Thus, I need to know whether this bug still exists in the live version (WBP) or not.

If the bug still exists, then the bugfix I included is useless (which means I might have included more bugs in the game). Thus, I would have to revert the bugfixes I included for both snipers and camouflaged AT guns.

We're trying to help you to help us (e.g., my first post about "Is this still applicable in WBP?"), but you also need to help us to help you (e.g., commit some effort from your side, so that playtesting Relic's implementation of WBP will take closer to 2 days rather than 2 months).

Bottomline: What I'm asking for here is. Can one of you guys test whether this bug still applies to WBP? If none of you volunteers, I'll have to recheck this myself. And, if I have to keep rechecking every single report by myself, that might delay things.

I tested in WBP with cheat modeI all 3 sniper vs conscripts and they stop to fire while under A moving orders
aaa
7 Feb 2017, 23:03 PM

A bug is a bug, a bug is not a way to solve balance

This minor bug solves major balance problem. Axis snipers are extremely hard to deal with if oponent isnt sleeping. Have no counter basicaly after midgame, no way to coutersnipe first of all.

I suggested that
1. sniper flares specificaly should reveal cloaked units in a small area like sc2 liberation zone.
2. Manually selecting target is another way to do things right not just a cliking evey where

They definately need more user input since they easy to use and hard to counter
7 Feb 2017, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2017, 16:58 PMVipper

I tested in WBP with cheat modeI all 3 sniper vs conscripts and they stop to fire while under A moving orders

Stop to shoot, as in stop AND shoot, as intended?

If it's not working as intended, can you give me a screenshot where this bugs (one that shows the distance and relative position between the sniper and the squad)
8 Feb 2017, 00:34 AM

Also can we add a prioritize infantry button on all the snipers?
8 Feb 2017, 10:03 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2017, 00:34 AMVipper
Also can we add a prioritize infantry button on all the snipers?

That would be great. :thumbsup:

I see so often, that sniper attack tanks or bunkers . . .
8 Feb 2017, 10:13 AM

tested sniper A-move on WBP 1.8 and it worked for me.

Tested on langreskaya with cheat mod.
Brits & ost sniper vs conscript squad.

EDIT : WORKED means it stopped took a shoot, reload and shoot again when an ennemy squad is in range.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★