Login

russian armor

Relic Winter Balance Preview v1.8 Update

6 Feb 2017, 03:28 AM

think these game are not made for you too,
stay on coh 2 :)

Which of the games you just counted off has base building tho, aren't they all Real Time Tactics than RTS games?

If we're being honest here the only true RTS games coming out this year are Halo Wars: Definitive Edition and Iron Harvest, both DoW 3 and Halo Wars 2 are obviously being made to catter to Starcraft and MOBA fanboys, not to true RTS fans.
6 Feb 2017, 06:15 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I just wish the final changes that Relic decides to make will overall, be beneficial to the game and will improve the game in various ways including
a) balance
b) player happiness with the game
c) increase player count

If there's a statistically significant increase in players when patches go live for a sustained period, even just two weeks, that would be great and help show Relic that people still care about their game.

Some people are like "there are these other great WWII strategy games coming out" but CoH is such a unique strategy/tactical game that there isn't any single other direct competitor.

Hopefully this balance change will lead to more balance changes in the future; we're going to be playing coh2 for at least another 3 years before the next coh is released (assuming DoW3 won't be bad and will make Relic money) and even if it takes them another 16 months to get the game in an objectively well balanced state it will be worth it.
6 Feb 2017, 09:02 AM

I can't remember if this came up before and I couldn't find it in the patch notes - the OKW Schu mines don't deal suppression (unlike their equivalents in other armies). Bug?
6 Feb 2017, 09:56 AM

Even if the patch were ready a week ago, there are certain scheduling conflicts within Relic (i.e., the crew that will take care of the implementation) that mean there would practically be no difference in the release date.

I understand your hands are tied by relic limitations, and i am not unappreciative of the work you have done in fixing this cluster fuck of a game.

But I'm fed up to the back teeth with the amount of absolute cancerous bs in this game and the qicker this patch is out then the quicker work can start on the next patch, cause i think you will need a few to revive this turd.

So i will continue to rage with all the other fed up mother f***ers and maybe relic will give you guys more free reign. They can f**k off to DOW3 and leave this game to the community as far as i concerned..

PS : I'm rage posting cause of infiltration unit bs, AEC bs, Community map bs and lag bs.....

:*(:*(:*(:*(
6 Feb 2017, 11:33 AM

I can't remember if this came up before and I couldn't find it in the patch notes - the OKW Schu mines don't deal suppression (unlike their equivalents in other armies). Bug?

This has been fixed to the extent that it's possible (teller-like early detonation).
9 Feb 2017, 07:42 AM

I think while ever community cancer maps remain in rotation all efforts to patch the game will be in vain.
MMX
9 Feb 2017, 11:20 AM

I think while ever community cancer maps remain in rotation all efforts to patch the game will be in vain.

pro tip: veto the worst offenders, enjoy the rest. most are half as bad as people claim them to be.
9 Feb 2017, 13:19 PM

any news on when relic is going to put it in vanilla game ?
9 Feb 2017, 14:11 PM
Donator 33

5 weeks till spring here in Canada ;)
9 Feb 2017, 18:07 PM

I still think the aec is too unresponsive to serve as a sort of "flanker" as it's supposed to now that it can't really kill inf at all. Not so much "slow" as in max speed, but "slow" at responding, slow turret rotation, slow vehicle rotation, slow acceleration (exacerbated by bad pathing and -I believe- light crush), which will all probably lead to it getting fucked if it attempts to flank anything with more firepower than a pioneer squad, while not actually killing a target. Just my initial reaction, I haven't played with it much in the wbp. Thoughts on that?
9 Feb 2017, 18:29 PM

5 weeks till spring here in Canada ;)

5 weeks lel

think relic need more than 5 weeks to make a non-working patch and the modders still don't have finish to optimize their mod.

So the question is now : Spring or summer ?
9 Feb 2017, 19:07 PM

You really like giving a good bash at Relic at every opportunity, don't you?
10 Feb 2017, 13:06 PM

This has been fixed to the extent that it's possible (teller-like early detonation).

Wait, you're telling us that the Tellermine bug can't be fixed? How come other mines work? Is it possible to just replace tellermines with working mines of a different faction and adjust cost and damage accordingly to fit that of the Tellermine?
10 Feb 2017, 13:35 PM

Wait, you're telling us that the Tellermine bug can't be fixed? How come other mines work? Is it possible to just replace tellermines with working mines of a different faction and adjust cost and damage accordingly to fit that of the Tellermine?

To make Tellermines work, Relic has to adjust the scale of the actual model to make its size identical to soviet TM-35 mines (so that they don't detonate prematurely).

Alternatively we could give all mines (it's not just tellers that bug) the TM-35 model.

We could try to mcgyver a workaround to Teller mines. However, at this point, we just want to make sure that WBP is integrated properly in the live-game.
10 Feb 2017, 13:43 PM

To make Tellermines work, Relic has to adjust the scale of the actual model to make its size identical to soviet TM-35 mines (so that they don't detonate prematurely).

Alternatively we could give all mines (it's not just tellers that bug) the TM-35 model.

We could try to mcgyver a workaround to Teller mines. However, at this point, we just want to make sure that WBP is integrated properly in the live-game.

Give all mines the TM-35 model would be great.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★