Login

russian armor

Relic Winter Balance Preview v1.6 Update

PAGES (7)down
21 Jan 2017, 01:41 AM

I know it looks shitty. All 3 of us were severely bummed out for a few days when Kyle relayed the bad news, and our motivation wavered for a few days. In the end, however, if you look at the reverted changes they don't really affect the spirit of the solution that this patch is going to give.

The changes that were reverted were mostly about ultra-light vehicles. Sure, those things needed a bit of love. However, due to light-tank changes all light vehicles are in a better place than before. Hopefully with a future update we will be able to reintroduce the things that we've already tested and work.

It's fine that a small cluster of changes makes it into a single patch. The bigger question, however, is when the next patch will hit, and how often there will be patches after that.

Every glaring imbalance we've found, we've also tried to explain it in terms of inconsistencies. I mean, airlanding officer charge bonuses HAVE to be a bug right?

The WBP has already reached peak scope, unfortunately, and no further inconsistencies will be considered by Relic :(

At this point, better give up.
You can't force relic to work ( even if you did all the work) on coh 2 balance.

They have shown during 3 years already their capacities, very limited.

In my opinion, if relic ask you to remove stuff because it gives them too much work, remove EVERYTHING.

The only way to deal with this game company is to run away lol.

Don t play coh2 and just switch to the other & much more enjoyable game : MOW , Gates of hell, sc2, aoe2, ...

21 Jan 2017, 02:01 AM

There is not much surprise, the balance team just relayed the news on time when they realized the crazy bad job you were doing.

Penals with PTRS... please...

The flame HT was reverted? This was a bug fix at best.

21 Jan 2017, 05:40 AM

WTF is going on? I didn't wait this long for a small patch. This is seriously becoming a joke.

First it was early January [Told back in late Nov/Early Dec]
Then it was late January
Then it was early February
A week or so ago I was told it would be March......expecting a mega patch (this patch is half of what a mega patch should be compared to past patches.)
And now this. :foreveralone: Though I guess the changes don't mean much.
Flamer hf change is the only nice change I see so far that they kept.

I know it looks shitty. All 3 of us were severely bummed out for a few days when Kyle relayed the bad news, and our motivation wavered for a few days. In the end, however, if you look at the reverted changes they don't really affect the spirit of the solution that this patch is going to give.

The changes that were reverted were mostly about ultra-light vehicles. Sure, those things needed a bit of love. However, due to light-tank changes all light vehicles are in a better place than before. Hopefully with a future update we will be able to reintroduce the things that we've already tested and work.

It's fine that a small cluster of changes makes it into a single patch. The bigger question, however, is when the next patch will hit, and how often there will be patches after that.

Every glaring imbalance we've found, we've also tried to explain it in terms of inconsistencies. I mean, airlanding officer charge bonuses HAVE to be a bug right?

The WBP has already reached peak scope, unfortunately, and no further inconsistencies will be considered by Relic :(

I feel awful for you guys. Honestly. Kyle must've been pressured by upper management...so I don't blame him. Quin Duffy might've been the culprit. :snfQuinn:

It should be noted Relic has a record of broken promises and slow progress for those who don't know. There was a small time when Relic cared after WFA, never again from what I've been seeing.

Most of their employees are focused on DoW3 atm too (which looks like it'll be a fun ride at release.....)
21 Jan 2017, 05:44 AM
Senior Caster Badge

that's the way T1 always worked.

T1 -> good AI, weak Anti vehicle
T2 -> weak AI, good anti vehicle.

that's one of the chore mecanic of coh 2 balance between ost & soviet and it is good to see it again.

T1 -> decent AI, 0 Anti vehicle
T2 -> very good AI because Maxims, good anti vehicle.
21 Jan 2017, 05:45 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2017, 18:48 PMTobis

Wait, so you didn't just pull them out because they were already good and didn't need more testing? You pulled them out because Relic says patch is too big and they can't make it to the final version?

Yes, the supreme Relic Overlords had spoken. We are but slaves to their will.
21 Jan 2017, 05:48 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 05:40 AMVonIvan

First it was early January [Told back in late Nov/Early Dec]
Then it was late January
Then it was early February
A week or so ago I was told it would be March......expecting a mega patch (this patch is half of what a mega patch should be compared to past patches.)
And now this. :foreveralone: Though I guess the changes don't mean much.
Flamer hf change is the only nice change I see so far that they kept.

I feel awful for you guys. Honestly. Kyle must've been pressured by upper management...so I don't blame him. Quin Duffy might've been the culprit. :snfQuinn:

Don't forget that they do 4 "major patches" a year. So the next one is right before the DoW 3 launch date... coincidence?

In all honestly though, I do really feel for the modders, and the few active community members that are left (streamers, players, or what have you), that helped test, submitted replays, and worked so hard for this... don't worry though, I'm sure we will all never forget the taste of (out of) Scope (tm) , and for 3 low low payments of 9.99 per DLC you to can get a Relic Scope (tm) DLC commander!

:snfQuinn:
21 Jan 2017, 07:09 AM

Why get rid of the oorah on penals if the RA is also being reduced? It seems like this is counter intuitive to the new close range upgrade of penals. I can see them struggling to close the distance on long range infantry squads and flank mgs in the late game without oorah or even the RA, one of these bonuses should have been left the same.
21 Jan 2017, 07:43 AM

So.

No light vehicle overhaul?
21 Jan 2017, 08:30 AM

So.

No light vehicle overhaul?

Same old shit, different year, same tears.
21 Jan 2017, 09:10 AM

So... To summarize, this whole big winter balance patch will be about fixing bugs, single 1919 and Penals? :foreveralone:
21 Jan 2017, 09:20 AM

And mortars, and ghostings and light vehicles like a T70, Stuart etc which still is a thing. But it's a shame relic just drop that idea
21 Jan 2017, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 09:20 AMFrost
And mortars, and ghostings and light vehicles like a T70, Stuart etc which still is a thing. But it's a shame relic just drop that idea

I consider USF mortars as a bug fix, not balance.
Ghosting is still rather bug fix, not balance.
Only Luchs/Stuart/T70/Stuge E are kinda ture balance changes :/

It's a shame that there is community team which could lift CoH2 higher but Relic doesn't allow them, even if they do it or free #Lelic
21 Jan 2017, 09:50 AM
Senior Referee Badge

It's disappointing to say the least. We wait 3 Months when finally see how the patch slowly gains shape and in the middle of this process relic just decides to cut the changes in half. There is no point in "future, sequential updates" if we have to wait another 5 months for the next small update.

+1 :/
21 Jan 2017, 09:59 AM

21 Jan 2017, 10:39 AM

T1 -> decent AI, 0 Anti vehicle
T2 -> very good AI because Maxims, good anti vehicle.

yes i knew perfectly when writting that T2 is "weak AI" that it is false, but it was how it was supposed to work.

without OP maxims that can simply A-attack everywhere, you would be forced to use conscripts who are rather weak against infantry.

and since maxims are "out of scope" because it would give RELIC too much work when building the patch LUL, i said it anyway.

but in a balanced game, that's how soviet T1 & T2 works. no need to add Anti vehicle to T1 because T2 is unbalanced as hell by relic pro balance team nerd *in vacation*.
21 Jan 2017, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 09:20 AMFrost

honestly frost, you told me that you left coh 2 a few month ago because of balance.
You came back a few weeks ago with WBP patch, but with these news, are you seriously going to stay on this game ?

Think that lelic could have bring back a lot of "very good" player in coh2 with this patch, but they already failed. LUL
21 Jan 2017, 10:51 AM

Light tanks weren't touched. The changes are still intact and they remain nerfed, as they should have been.

Light car buffs were reverted because we don't want them to replace the current OP light tanks and form a new cheesy meta.

PTRS was removed because we had people starting 100 topics on the subject on a daily basis and 1,000,0000 posts on the WBP threads. It was an odd change and didn't help the SU or the game as a whole. PTRS cons could be a possibility in the future.

And instead of attacking the balance team with one word posts, you can always build your own balance mod and prove your superior solutions. https://www.coh2.org/topic/58159/relic-have-an-awesome-idea-for-balance-create-a-mod

I commend Smith for his persistence and hard work.
21 Jan 2017, 11:30 AM

PTRS was removed because we had people starting 100 topics on the subject on a daily basis and 1,000,0000 posts on the WBP threads. It was an odd change and didn't help the SU or the game as a whole. PTRS cons could be a possibility in the future.

Note that Relic had nothing to do with Penal changes.

PTRS Penals won over other variants in the survey Relic posted. However, we felt that this might also have been due to the fact that the only polished version of Penals was the PTRS one (1.3/1.4).

Thus, we also wanted to let people give a polished PTRS-free variant of Penals too, so that they can make an informed choice.
aaa
21 Jan 2017, 13:58 PM

giving ptrs free variant is like giving suffocating person a toy to play a bit. Smg flamer is
not needed for penals. While its locked behing mp/fuel upgrade thus delaying tech. At what point is it gonna come into play. Not ealier than t70 i suppose when oponent have a p4 or pather on the field like in this jove hans game. When you have to tech to late AT units they give you flamer.

This package could be used by cons but not as a no brainer grens lmg upgrade for up to 6 squads that makes them better at everithing. But as what it is in wbp

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
Russian Federation 76
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %