Login

russian armor

Relic: have an awesome idea for balance? create a mod

20 Dec 2016, 15:55 PM

I think many people missed this important part from the 2017 Roadmap. This is the original text:

So if you too think you have an awesome idea for balance, we encourage you to create a tuning pack and have us and the community put your feedback to the test! We will gladly review and incorporate changes that we feel prove beneficial.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/243407/coh2-the-road-ahead

(basic categories and parameters you need to tweak in order to build a simple tunning pack, like changing a vehicle's damage, speed, veterancy bonuses, infantry weapons etc.)

Right. They said they will incorporate your ideas, if proven beneficial and popular. So if you feel you have a perfect fix for some stuff, or your solution is better than the ones provided by the current balance team, gather all of your ideas into a single tunning_pack, publish it on steam and start a topic about it on this section. Actualize your theories! Let everyone know whether you are the doer or the dour!

Where to start? There you go:

https://www.coh2.org/guides/26089/coh2-modding-getting-started-with-the-official-tools

The attribute editor already includes short descriptions for most variables and values. Still, if you run into any issues, you can start a thread about it and ask for help, there are at least 5 professional modders who will happily respond to you.

If your mod is an extensive tuning pack which covers multiple areas and addresses a wide variety of subjects, like Kappatch, Competitive Edition, Dreadmode, Wikingier and the GG Mod for example, feel free to contact GB Hooligan and ask for tips on running a tournament for your mod. That should help exposing your mod to more people and prove its efficiency and success in action. You have to be more realistic and practical when coming up with ideas though and have a decent understanding of current playstyles and popular strategies as well as decent amount of experience in competitive play. No one would accept a Jetpack upgrade for obersoldaten for incorporation into the live game!

11 Jan 2017, 08:50 AM

Bumping this as it seems there is a noticeable growing dissatisfaction with the balance team.

Think they are doing it wrong? Make your own mod, rather than attacking individuals.
12 Jan 2017, 00:44 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Bumping this as it seems there is a noticeable growing dissatisfaction with the balance team.

Think they are doing it wrong? Make your own mod, rather than attacking individuals.

This is quite true. They have a quite limited scope of what they can work with and they are doing what is they think is right.

Just please bare in mind that since this patch was under official direction of Relic we were very limited and only able go make changes along the specific scopes of Light Tanks/Vehicles, Squad Formations & Clumping, USF Mortar, Penals & Guards, and Wehrmacht Infantry Scaling. So please leave feedback to specifically those changes and not about all the other priority issues that need changing too.

I know I have created mods to just show my solution is. People agree and disagree. For example, the biggest controversy is ptrs penals. Penals sort of fill the as the same role as p'grens in the wbp. great anti infantry and could trade off its fire power to assist in fighting vehicles. I can see this. Though I more prefer of the idea of switching guards and panels. Also make guards choose one upgrade or another.

In other words. I think people should not attack people for their work, because they are doing to help the game rather than hurt. I mean look at all the good balance chances with light vehicles and especially all the big bug fixing that really no one wants to do.

Sorry if I derailed the topic.
12 Jan 2017, 10:38 AM

I know I have created mods to just show my solution is. People agree and disagree.
Yep. I've seen your mod, and there are some decent ideas and smart changes which I wouldn't refuse to have them incorporated into the WBP if I was in charge.

Point is, if you go out of your way and actualize your ideas and make it accessible via a playable mod, you will be taken a lot more seriously. Also people are given a chance to try it out and experience it in real situations.

That is what differentiates a regular poster who justs posts on the balance forums, occasionally flames people, and one who makes things happen and presents his ideas in a playable form.
12 Jan 2017, 11:09 AM

I see 2 issues in your idea :

1) Most of the people who complain on the mod are alzo lazy fat ass, which is proven by the quality of their post.
usually a few lines, badly written, saying "you are idiot, give ptrs to penals is stupid idea" without any explanation or replay.

So don't except these people to work on anything.

2) For the very few other guys who criticize the mod, they often agree with 80% of it and don't want to have to make a new one from zero. they would take the current WBP 1.4 and adjust it, like in the case of ptrs, reduce ptrs to 2 or increase the price, or whatever.

According to my little experience in modding, i think it's impossible to use the mod file (350031348.sga) which is downloaded in game to edit it in mod editor.

So there probably won't be alot of ofther mod in 2017.

In my opinion, coh 2 community should better stick to WBP and stop listening to some cancer guys when it's about balance.

Personnaly, i avoid any thread related to balance on this forum ... the amount of stupidity i could read is too huge for my brain.

Phy
12 Jan 2017, 11:39 AM

Relic said. Lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 88

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %