Login

russian armor

Relic Winter Balance Preview v1.6 Update

PAGES (7)down
23 Jan 2017, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2017, 22:28 PMA_E
Snip

The issue with Relic's incremental approach here is that all the months and years wasted in past mean this game is now struggling to retain players, and with this miniaturised balance process that has the potential to drag on for a full year, I'm not sure if we're going to have a large enough community at the end of the year for a healthy multiplayer experience.

I like WBP changes BTW, just pointing out a risk we're facing in my view.
A_E
23 Jan 2017, 23:35 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

The issue with Relic's incremental approach here is that all the months and years wasted in past mean this game is now struggling to retain players, and with this miniaturised balance process that has the potential to drag on for a full year, I'm not sure if we're going to have a large enough community at the end of the year for a healthy multiplayer experience.

I like WBP changes BTW, just pointing out a risk we're facing in my view.

Completely agree, it feels almost glacier like at the moment!
23 Jan 2017, 23:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2017, 23:35 PMA_E

Completely agree, it feels almost glacier like at the moment!

As I have said in the "garden the scope" thread:

relic should patch the live game with WBP V1.6 as soon as possible and let the modders takle a new scope.
most obvious thing is call in infantry/tanks - the AT kind is particularly cheesy (AT partisans, M10)
stormtroopers are fine btw because they come without their weapon upgraded. AT partisans could be fixed by simply having to buy the schreck and having the AT nade on cooldown when spawning from a building. schreck could be cheap to upgrade as well. maybe 50 ammo or smth like that.
aaa
24 Jan 2017, 00:15 AM

Is coh2chart is not working anymore?

Unfortunately mod makers except GG they made a lot of wrong changes. Useless AI mines, mass 222 early game are proven to be obnoxious changes. Penals ppsh would likely be same as molo never used
24 Jan 2017, 06:22 AM

healthy multiplayer experience.

What is this, 2012?

dead gaem
24 Jan 2017, 11:39 AM

Snip

It seems I missed the 10% RA buff at vet1, okay. That doesn't change my observations and your disability to read: I was talking specifically about building a SECOND pioneer squad in the beginning instead of calling in Assault Grens, and to continue using those two Pioneers together like a single unit. When used in that manner, alle your nice neglectible stat differences become… negoectible, because the three additional models that the Pioneer mini-blob brings onto the field pretty much trumps all of those differences.

And if you don't believe me, you are welcome to try it. Assault Grens and Pioneers had an identity problem even before the WBP, now it is even worse as a direct result of those changes.
24 Jan 2017, 11:46 AM
Donator 11

The problem in relic patching was never that it was incremental. The problem was that they never agreed to revert a change once it hit original game, for whatever reason. That way if they made some change in wrong direction we just had to live with it unless they patch around it with other units. This was stupid and a reason of all their problems.

Now that we have some sain people working on patches, I hope it won't be a problem any more, but I might be wrong since relic has a close watch on them.
24 Jan 2017, 16:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It seems I missed the 10% RA buff at vet1, okay. That doesn't change my observations and your disability to read: I was talking specifically about building a SECOND pioneer squad in the beginning instead of calling in Assault Grens, and to continue using those two Pioneers together like a single unit. When used in that manner, alle your nice neglectible stat differences become… negoectible, because the three additional models that the Pioneer mini-blob brings onto the field pretty much trumps all of those differences.

And if you don't believe me, you are welcome to try it. Assault Grens and Pioneers had an identity problem even before the WBP, now it is even worse as a direct result of those changes.

First, where are all the DIRECT NERFS you are talking about?
About going 2 Pio mini blob, you are gonna get melted by focus fire on 1 squad before you can get on effective range (no sprint). AND that is not gonna work pass the first or 2nd engagement cause Pios don't scale combat wise. A flamer can give you some combat utility but not that won't improve your survivability.

Reasons you want 1/2 AG: it's a call in which bypass built time. You are fighting SU con/maxim spam or UKF.

Current problems: SU T1 meta and light vehicles which are gonna destroy you if you don't have snares.
AG gives you a variation for skipping T1 instead of just going Pio and MGs (even if you go Prosttrupen you want T1 sooner or later for faust).

24 Jan 2017, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2017, 22:28 PMA_E
My opinion has evolved and as I got very good feedback for vlogging my last opinion I thought I'd do the same again here. (dat ego.)

Let me know if you vehemently disagree!

Imo having 6 men AT squad is a bad idea. Unit with At capabilities need to be smaller...
25 Jan 2017, 06:18 AM

[...]

AG gives you a variation for skipping T1 instead of just going Pio and MGs (even if you go Prosttrupen you want T1 sooner or later for faust).

And a variation for skipping T2 as well by going double 250 HT PGren call-in (upgrade schreks when needed, use 250 HT with flamer pios as poor man's clowncar). Proceed with Stugie to hold your ground against upgraded/vetted allied infantry until you can call-in a Tiger.

o_o

(it seems like we've came up with better commander description than current one :D)
25 Jan 2017, 09:24 AM

By use of AG, PGrens and StugE rush teching to T4, cry when you don't make it before everything is dead.
25 Jan 2017, 10:46 AM

More changes to actual game more old gamers return to the game

The more often game changes more interest it will get.

But with this approach NO MONEY FOR RELIC.
25 Jan 2017, 12:24 PM
Donator 11

you can't keep the flamer on penals. The flamethrower is by far the best infantry weapon in the game and should only be used by worker units. Having flamethrower on a mainline infantry makes all urban maps unplayable for the axis and promotes bad gameplay since cover will actually hurt you.
25 Jan 2017, 14:01 PM

Yet another option about penals from my experience:

a) remove flamers completely, instead give them molotovs with good throwing range and faster throwing speed to clear buildings (also reduce research cost to 125/10, really)
Pros: No more ultra flamer blobs, but penals still can counter green cover and buildings effectively

b) make penals 5 men squad with 275 mp cost, but with vet2 possibility to have 6th man (same mechanic as USF REs)
Pros: This will slightly reduce great earlygame impact and force player to support his army with cons/maxims/doctrinal infantry (combined arms, you know), but with good squad preservation you will get strong AI unit as game proceeds

c) keep current AT satchel (honestly i didnt test AT satchel, but i guess it is a good lategame option to counter heavies)
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS