Login

russian armor

Relic Winter Balance Preview v1.4 Update

PAGES (21)down
13 Jan 2017, 15:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Huh. Never knew that. It always seems like the two gunners are a lot harder to hit from the front, although they do die from grenades, so I shoulda guessed.

Support weapons gunners have less priority, so they tend to die last.
13 Jan 2017, 16:29 PM

hey smith this is somekind some feedback thread right ? can i post some idea here ?

what do you think on Asgren Passive sprint from commando ? does it ok or it will break the balanced because how fast it come and how less it cost ?
13 Jan 2017, 19:04 PM

hey smith this is somekind some feedback thread right ? can i post some idea here ?

what do you think on Asgren Passive sprint from commando ? does it ok or it will break the balanced because how fast it come and how less it cost ?

In WBP, commando sprint has a 25-out-of-combat requirement, after ambush has been bugfixed (long story, but we can't adjust that value).

In any case, though, passive, involuntary sprint on a short-range unit is more of a curse than a blessing.

Why? Every time you manage to flank something, they usually pack up and /retreat. The thing you usually do in these cases is you "see off" the retreating squad with your squad, trying to keep the enemy squad as close to you as they retreat.

However, if your squad is sprinting, they aren't shooting, and if you aren't shooting, you aren't dealing any damage. Thus, if you pull a successful flank, and your sprint kicks in, that basically amounts to nothing.

In short, involuntary sprint does more harm than good to short-range units.
14 Jan 2017, 00:59 AM

In WBP, commando sprint has a 25-out-of-combat requirement, after ambush has been bugfixed (long story, but we can't adjust that value).

In any case, though, passive, involuntary sprint on a short-range unit is more of a curse than a blessing.

Why? Every time you manage to flank something, they usually pack up and /retreat. The thing you usually do in these cases is you "see off" the retreating squad with your squad, trying to keep the enemy squad as close to you as they retreat.

However, if your squad is sprinting, they aren't shooting, and if you aren't shooting, you aren't dealing any damage. Thus, if you pull a successful flank, and your sprint kicks in, that basically amounts to nothing.

In short, involuntary sprint does more harm than good to short-range units.

Oh that pretty clear tho.i've just though it actually help from the way i see shock troop have a hard time getting close since many unit get medium high DPS weapons
14 Jan 2017, 04:55 AM

Look, I'm a huge, huge proponent of all the bug fixes, quality of life changes, and changes that affect all factions and game modes (like the nades thing.) Those functional issues and inconsistencies being fixed are an overwhelming boon to the game.

The opportunity to test a mod in an official sense is an incredible opportunity. As much as I respect their efforts, I fear they are squandering the bulk of their potential.

+1.

It is funny how distracting an issue like ptrs penals can completely overshadow all the other incredible improvements that have been made. Changes to issues/units like ghost wire, usf morter, t70, stuart, unit spacing, double lmg etc etc will have a far greater impact than sov t1 changes( I hope ).

So, time to focus on the positive

Edit : However, until maxim spam and partisan meta are nerfed into the ground any attempt at balance is a futile waste of time.
14 Jan 2017, 10:46 AM
Senior Caster Badge

#footman

Will I ever be rid of this curse :P
14 Jan 2017, 15:05 PM

Only if you'd rather be sailing.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W