Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Patch: Wrong Direction?

26 Nov 2016, 08:10 AM

Glad to see soviets getting some changes, tho no changes to maxims or partisans :(
26 Nov 2016, 08:52 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I think this is more of a test case for Relic if they can trust balance changes to the community. If what you wanted fixed didn't get included this time, doesn't mean it isn't a known issue.
26 Nov 2016, 10:18 AM

I don't see how Penals are getting overnerfed, their adjustment is fine.

T-70 has been nerfed for all the wrong reasons, but I see that they are adjusting all other light vehicles in consequence, so it's alright too.

The only units getting overnerfed are Guards, they were just fine and working good so far, until one faggot started whining that they are op and now what? They get nerfed beyond useless.

Nerf the PTRS again? Add an aim delay? AOE "adjusted?

And past that, there are still no changes for Conscripts, Maxim, 82mm (getting more nerf actually), ISU-152, and Shocktroops.

Get fucking real.
I've said before, but coincidentally it's always the same people getting a fair arrangement on their part.

Who were the only few who said that Soviets are the best faction in the game and that guards are op?
26 Nov 2016, 11:25 AM

well, stuart - mortar - double lmg blob - m20 has been nerfed.
you can't say 'unchanged much'.

quite surprised also by the sniper camo nerf, since last patch sniper are easy to kill with some micro & flank, it makes them more an expensive spoting unit that something else IN MY OPINION.

i can be wrong

that;s why i said Stuart has been fixed, and USF havent changed much why? cuz no one plays dbl browning LMGs on rifles, first Captain deploy is more desireable that LT with M20 so nothing changed much, and USF mortars were an optional unit, not desireable in every game
26 Nov 2016, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2016, 10:18 AMCresc
I don't see how Penals are getting overnerfed, their adjustment is fine.

T-70 has been nerfed for all the wrong reasons, but I see that they are adjusting all other light vehicles in consequence, so it's alright too.

The only units getting overnerfed are Guards, they were just fine and working good so far, until one faggot started whining that they are op and now what? They get nerfed beyond useless.

Nerf the PTRS again? Add an aim delay? AOE "adjusted?

And past that, there are still no changes for Conscripts, Maxim, 82mm (getting more nerf actually), ISU-152, and Shocktroops.

Get fucking real.
I've said before, but coincidentally it's always the same people getting a fair arrangement on their part.

Who were the only few who said that Soviets are the best faction in the game and that guards are op?

You did read the part where they are only allowed to change certain units.

Try watching Generals Gentlemans cast. Guards are hardly nerfed to the point of useless.

Also soviets have long been considered one of the strongest faction. Most players except the die hard fanboys acknowledge that.
26 Nov 2016, 11:32 AM

everybody focuses on 1v1 for balance

I read at this forum many times that 1v1 is dead. Didn't read such about any other mode. Why then? For tourneys? Balance for ~50 players with playerbase ~5000?
26 Nov 2016, 11:34 AM

You did read the part where they are only allowed to change certain units.

Try watching Generals Gentlemans cast. Guards are hardly nerfed to the point of useless.

Also soviets have long been considered one of the strongest faction. Most players except the die hard fanboys acknowledge that.

Why?
Why are they allowed to change certain units? Enlighten me genius.

I couldn't give two f**** about GG's cast, no offense to him, I respect his opinion, but Guards are beyond useless now.

There was a time where they had the stats you see in this patch, and they got buffed, now they got nerfed AGAIN, thanks to crybabies like you who don't even show their Player Card, yet call those who don't share their biased opinion "die hard fanboys".

They were good, they just needed to fix Penals and Maxim spam, adjust conscripts and their Heavy-Tank.

BUT SOMEHOW Guards are op.

My player card is here, see how much of a soviet fanboy I am, and Soviets are far from being the strongest faction.

Since you're ballsy enough to call others die hard fanboys, let's see your player card ;)

26 Nov 2016, 11:48 AM

Great to see T70 finally fixed. That repair on the move was most redic thing I have even seen in a videogame. No maxim or partisan fix, meh.

Might aswell remove all camo units with these sniper/ timing changes. That m20 buff tho. Cant wait to get that 2min m20 and roll ostheer.
26 Nov 2016, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2016, 11:34 AMCresc

Why?
Why are they allowed to change certain units? Enlighten me genius.

I couldn't give two f**** about GG's cast, no offense to him, I respect his opinion, but Guards are beyond useless now.

There was a time where they had the stats you see in this patch, and they got buffed, now they got nerfed AGAIN, thanks to crybabies like you who don't even show their Player Card, yet call those who don't share their biased opinion "die hard fanboys".

They were good, they just needed to fix Penals and Maxim spam, adjust conscripts and their Heavy-Tank.

BUT SOMEHOW Guards are op.

My player card is here, see how much of a soviet fanboy I am, and Soviets are far from being the strongest faction.

Since you're ballsy enough to call others die hard fanboys, let's see your player card ;)

Perhaps you should calm down and try to understand what is being written.

I said sov is one of the strongest factions. Not the strongest. This is hardly a disputed fact by intelligent adults.

You say you don't give 2 fucks about his cast but you respect him. Lol. Imbicile.
He spent an hour talking through the changes and the stats and thinking involved.

I am sure you can find my card if you want. As to your card, soviets are clearly your most favoured faction by a large margin.

As to why they can only change certain units, well that was the direction from relic. If you want more details maybe ask the mods or not. I don't really care.
26 Nov 2016, 11:56 AM

Great changes tbh, finally a good step towards forgotten game balance.
26 Nov 2016, 12:11 PM

Perhaps you should calm down and try to understand what is being written.

I said sov is one of the strongest factions. Not the strongest. This is hardly a disputed fact by intelligent adults.

You say you don't give 2 fucks about his cast but you respect him. Lol. Imbicile.
He spent an hour talking through the changes and the stats and thinking involved.

I am sure you can find my card if you want. As to your card, soviets are clearly your most favoured faction by a large margin.

As to why they can only change certain units, well that was the direction from relic. If you want more details maybe ask the mods or not. I don't really care.

Whatever, just go get some games in 1v1, learn to play and post your player card when you can show something convincing.
26 Nov 2016, 12:29 PM

When firing a shot or using an offensive ability when not camouflaged, the unit will be unable to return to camouflage for 10 seconds.
Snipers cannot cloak until out of combat for 3 seconds.

this is the most dumbest change ever. its going to make it easy to counter and easy to predict its retreat path since u cant camo into a safe retreat path.
26 Nov 2016, 13:01 PM

Just a few random impressions...
As for Soviets, the Penal nerf is a good thing, T-70 adjustment is long overdue, Guard nerf strikes me as superfluous, Maxims, demos and Partisans still unaddressed. On the flip side, I'd have liked to see a nondoctrinal weapons upgrade for Conscripts, ie. DP-28 once they reach vet 3, or something of the sort.
As for Wehrmacht, StuG-E nerf long overdue, Sniper nerf is way over the top, Puma nerf poorly done. Removing aimed shot vs infantry is a good change as it removes cheesy play, but the Puma was absolutely the least vehicle that needed a reduction of its paltry anti-infantry capabilities... 222 cost increase a bit over the top. Generally speaking, OH has had its cheese taken away (which is a good thing by itself), but since the core faction is as weak as ever it will become even more subpar than it already is.
As for US, 1919s is a good thing, but rifles will still walk all over Grens/42s with double bars. Stuart and Mortar seems well done.
26 Nov 2016, 13:23 PM

I really like these balance changes so far + we shouldn't forget that we should TEST it before postin' whine comments in these threads :P

Nerfs for penal and guard were really needed. Not sure if they were too harsh, but I think anyway that the penal + guard meta will be replaced by le olde maxim spam + partisan or guard meta.

Light vehicles changes are awesome, now brits have more consistent AT strength with new AEC in mid game, and Stuart/T70 no longer shut down the entire mid game by wrecking axis inf or light vehicles.

I have to agree that USF and UKF feel too untouched in some regards, but dont forget that more patches shall come in future ;)
26 Nov 2016, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2016, 11:32 AMHater

I read at this forum many times that 1v1 is dead. Didn't read such about any other mode. Why then? For tourneys? Balance for ~50 players with playerbase ~5000?

That has been the logic used since the release of this title, yes.
26 Nov 2016, 16:47 PM

Large teamgames are structurally impossible to balance, not to mention they are a shitshow that make a farce out of everything that makes the Coh franchise attractive and unique (flanking, timing, cover usage etc) to begin with. Sorry if I come off like an elitist jerk...but thats the way it actually is. ;)
26 Nov 2016, 17:06 PM
Senior Caster Badge

True. The satisfaction factor is actually around +%50 more for me now. I tested all light vehicles, Penals+Guards and a few more stuff and they were surprisingly well balanced and consistent.

The biggest winner is the Sturmpioneer rework, kudos to the genius who came up with those ideas. That actually made OKW a lot more enjoyable.

See? That is what I'd call a smart tweak.

Another thing that I forgot to mention was the fact that some prominent and elder community members were left off of TheMachine's list of testers, including:

• Cruzz (duh)
  • Cruzz (duh)
  • Elchino
  • Luvnest
  • DevM
  • Jove
  • Lord BartonPL
  • DonnieChan

To name a few

Cruzz, Luvnest, Helping Hans, Devm and Jesulin were contacted and gave some feedback, but did no play testing with us. Pretty sure Jove doesn't speak much English.
26 Nov 2016, 17:29 PM

Cruzz, Luvnest, Devm and Jesulin were contacted and gave some feedback, but were not interested in play testing with us. Pretty sure Jove doesn't speak much English.

Perhaps you should learn Russian? I am getting very impatient with this community and their language barrier :snfPeter:
26 Nov 2016, 17:59 PM
Patrion 15

so soviet snipers get huge buff due to 10 seconds camo cooldown.

Is the machine behind this? Why did they ruin the possible perfect patch?
26 Nov 2016, 18:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2016, 17:59 PMruzen
so soviet snipers get huge buff due to 10 seconds camo cooldown.

Is the machine behind this? Why did they ruin the possible perfect patch?

Just to clarify. If you use snipers as intended, and have them fire from camo, they will still return to stealth after 4 seconds (Soviets) or 6 seconds (UKF and OST), as was always intended.

The 10 second cooldown applies only if you fire from outside camouflage. Previously (in the live version), firing from outside cover means that you can stealth instantly. We consider this an abuse of the stealth mechanics in the game, thus we have fixed it.

10 seconds was a reasonable compromise, considering that you do not trigger stealth diminishing cooldowns when firing from outside camouflage.

If you have never abused the stealth bug, or don't even know what the stealth bug is, you will not notice any performance drop on the snipers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★