Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Preview Replays

8 Jan 2017, 13:24 PM

In this replay you can see how strong okw is against tier1 strat if you rush cut off right and stall his advance til you get luchs.

Later you can see how strong lights still are, how strong infiltration squads are and only light vehicles fights til lategame becuase no one had MP to tech further, so gettin another light was more resource efficient.

Here you can see how penals interfere with partisans (badly, thank god). Also you can see flaktrack bug. It cannot supress squads at point blank and damages itself firing at point blank. Also it once fired before being set up (near greaves near church against engineers, dont know minute).

I also think partisans schreck is bugged. It need to shot tank almost to death and then it doesn´t have healthbar, it needs another shot to finish it off (near enemy cut off late in replay, at partisans vs flaptrack, luchs).
8 Jan 2017, 19:20 PM

Moar replays. For more info look visit each replay alone
8 Jan 2017, 19:51 PM
Senior Caster Badge

8 Jan 2017, 23:41 PM
Donator 11

after 10 or so 2v2 games and another 10 of testing with cheat commands mod:
-kübelwagen vets too fast
-penals are jack-of-all-trades, strong early game, but enemy has no chance to retake control with light vehicles or mediums because of ptrs (put 1ptrs penals in a house even vs ostwind or pz4 and you can stall for m4c sherman, backed up by dushka)
-stuart, although better balanced, might still be tad too strong against inf
-flakht still lackluster

9 Jan 2017, 08:53 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

9 Jan 2017, 12:02 PM

10 Jan 2017, 13:06 PM

Findeed vs Hector

Penals with terror tactics against nothing but assault infantry and mg spam.

Really interesting game from WBP. May not be executed at our best, but all those interesting ideas, strategies and plays may be worth casting
10 Jan 2017, 13:44 PM

A game on Elst Outskirts.
12 Jan 2017, 19:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Did two games with Hector, USF vs Wehr.

Like the new stuart stun, you can actually get away. Does AC get more health with vet3 ? vet0 its so fragile.
12 Jan 2017, 22:20 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2017, 19:47 PMSpanky
Did two games with Hector, USF vs Wehr.

Like the new stuart stun, you can actually get away. Does AC get more health with vet3 ? vet0 its so fragile.

yes, vet 3 20 hp.
21 Jan 2017, 19:16 PM

First game of 1v6 patch. Penals had no chance against assgrens spams. Even with maxims.

I think if hooligan used scout car, he should have defeated me. Next game will be the same except he will use m3

21 Jan 2017, 19:54 PM
Strategist Badge

Another to consider xoxo

That final game is worth a cast.
21 Jan 2017, 22:40 PM

How broken eplacements are. Definitely worth watching
24 Jan 2017, 12:53 PM

2 games as Brits on Kholodny

In my opinion you must be careful with overnerfing the light Vehicles.

The AEC in game 1 got 1 kill till it died, although it fired at infantry at mid range, on open ground etc.

In this state it isn't worth the tech prize for me. Pumping out commandos and engies+ teching is much more viable instead (game 2).

24 Jan 2017, 13:11 PM
Senior Referee Badge

2 games as Brits on Kholodny

In my opinion you must be careful with overnerfing the light Vehicles.

The AEC in game 1 got 1 kill till it died, although it fired at infantry at mid range, on open ground etc.

In this state it isn't worth the tech prize for me. Pumping out commandos and engies+ teching is much more viable instead (game 2).

I did a game for fun with Danyek and he used the AEC. And i agree with Chan, the AEC misses A LOT. Maybe it should be slightly buffed indeed?
24 Jan 2017, 13:19 PM

I suggest reducing the rate of fire of the main gun a bit while leaving its accuracy.

Instead buff the front and Coax-MGs

This way it would reduce wiping lethality against infantry while still being able to fight infantry and light tanks which LV are there for.

THat's some of the worst kind of RNG: not being able to rely on unit behaviour.

It's the same case with Püppchen Camo Traps, when Püppchen miss their first crucial shot
24 Jan 2017, 13:36 PM

I suggest reducing the rate of fire of the main gun a bit while leaving its accuracy.

You mean accuracy vs infantry (scatter), or accuracy vs vehicles (scatter)?

Both the AEC and the Puma has pretty bad moving accuracy (50% multiplier). For the AEC, the scatter changes we did mean that the main gun is now almost useless vs infantry (unless you walk up to an MG/are shooting a garrison), while giving you a higher chance of hitting enemy vehicles.

Nerfing the rate of fire will affect the ability of the AEC to engage vehicles (which don't die in one shot), while not helping much vs random wipes (i.e., AEC edging out of the corner, killing a few models).

Instead buff the front and Coax-MGs

We could definitely do that. However, this means that people might continue always going for the AEC, and it's also that the AEC can come out very early & get spammed.

Do note that we had UC changes that were meant to accompany AEC changes, but not anymore, now that they got reverted :/

Would it help if we reworked AEC timing to make it feel more like a panic-puma thing, rather than a generalist LV?

24 Jan 2017, 13:46 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Would it help if we reworked AEC timing to make it feel more like a panic-puma thing, rather than a generalist LV?

That might be a good idea.
24 Jan 2017, 13:54 PM

We could definitely do that. However, this means that people might continue always going for the AEC, and it's also that the AEC can come out very early & get spammed.

Do note that we had UC changes that were meant to accompany AEC changes, but not anymore, now that they got reverted :/

So, The Scope... is it good or bad?
It this case it does kinda opposite thing of what it is supposed to do.
24 Jan 2017, 14:02 PM

One could increase the utility of AEC at the cost of AT abilities. Increase anti garrison capabilities or/and Recon or/and smoke from main gun at the cost penetration and a more easily used but less effective snare.

Utility over shock value.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS