Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Preview Changelog

PAGES (23)down
29 Nov 2016, 17:28 PM

Noted. We have also seen a similar proposal by Vipper, and I think that adding a barrage ability is a very neat idea.

The only reason we really picked on the Stug-E is because its damage model and AoE is very similar to the T-70. Thus, finding the solution for the one means that we can immediately apply the same solution to the other.

Note that even though the call-in cost for the Guards has changed, their reinforcement cost has remained 27MP/model.

Personally, I feel it is alright if elite units cost more to call-in than they cost to reinforce (like the PGren pricing model). The idea is that you take a risk when calling the unit in, and your risk will pay off once you have achieved vetting.

If guards feel too weak, I doubt that this is because of Ostheer infantry scaling. There is a 5th faction in the game that hasn't received changes to their infantry yet. That's because we are trying to estimate where the balance will shift.

Our strategy is use Ostheer infantry as the gold standard, and adapt allied armies around that. If an army gets paper tanks, they should obviously get better infantry than wermacht.

Reverting armies' powercreep and rebalancing around the gold standard will take a bit of time, and it might be a bit painful. We also expect that this will lead to a temporary power spike, until we can adjust all armies' veterancy. However, once this is done, we are confident that this will take the game to a better place than it is currently.

Agreed. The changes to the G43's were one of the first changes we came up with. Even though, as I mentioned, we are rebalancing infantry scaling around Ostheer, we feel that Ostheer fans might be feeling a bit disappointed that their faction is receiving so few changes.

It is a very hard sell to try to explain to someone that a faction has been strengthened, because other factions have been nerfed. That's why our first thoughts were about, at least, doing a spring clean of completely useless Ostheer infantry-related commanders and abilities.

On the other hand, we realised that we were becoming to get overwhelmed by Light Vehicle changes. Due to the scope of these changes we expect a very bumpy ride as the meta realigns to the new role of Light Vehicles. Since this part of the game is receiving the biggest amount of changes, we want the people to actually focus on the early-mid game progression, so that we can get it right.

Thus, we decided to cut down all unnecessary doctrinal changes, unless they are touching an extremely OP unit (e.g., the Stug-E), or unless we are making a very conservative change (e.g., USF M3 halftrack, G43's).

Once all infantry veterancy is sorted, then I think we can jump back and redo the G43 upgrade so that it gives a true role-changer/edge at something. As things are, though, the ground beneath infantry balance is still shifting, and it's too early to make such an assessment. At least with the sight-range upgrade, G43's on PGrens will not be completely useless.

This is also, probably, why you aren't going to see any changes done to the Greyhound just yet.

this should have been said in the patch notes by relic, now i undersand the change to the soviets, and i will wait more patches to bring okw infantry to the scale of wher infantry.

thanks for the patch and your hard work.
29 Nov 2016, 18:16 PM

Thank you. With people like you, I think I can play the game once more and even get motivation to create new contend in my strategical section.
29 Nov 2016, 18:32 PM
Donator 11

Is it possible to include mods steam group link in opening post? I find it to be rather low populated and that may be becouse it is in news post, that is fairly seldom opened, as opposed to this thread with over 300 contributions.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CoH2WinterHuddle
29 Nov 2016, 18:32 PM

Nice work guys, hope this will shift the current meta revolving around the cheesy current strats. Keep up the good work.
29 Nov 2016, 19:06 PM

any updates on this balance patch? new changes or still nothing?
29 Nov 2016, 19:26 PM

any updates on this balance patch? new changes or still nothing?

Soon™
30 Nov 2016, 05:44 AM

Wait snipers can enter light vehicles?? Can they fire out of them?
30 Nov 2016, 06:14 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Wait snipers can enter light vehicles?? Can they fire out of them?

Unless something changed in the half-track, the only change to troop carrying is the 251 can carry mortar teams.
30 Nov 2016, 06:26 AM

The changes to the US mortar is more aligned with the 60mm M2 mortar than the 3inch M1... No harm swapping the model too

Can anyone update me if the unit spacing helped the raketen from getting wiped by a cheese indirect fire or HE from the sherman?
30 Nov 2016, 07:45 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The price of Guards is excessive imo. The fact that HTflame will be a clear goal I do not think it is a good idea to increase price
30 Nov 2016, 07:56 AM

It's amusing that you guys dismiss any suggestions you don't like as "beyond the scope" yet you put in quite a few fixes to things that were not at all within the scope of the balance feedback, for example changes to stealth. That was never mentioned.
30 Nov 2016, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2016, 07:56 AMRappy
It's amusing that you guys dismiss any suggestions you don't like as "beyond the scope" yet you put in quite a few fixes to things that were not at all within the scope of the balance feedback, for example changes to stealth. That was never mentioned.

Bugfixes are always in scope.

The reason bugfixes to stealth get a separate chapter in the changelog (instead of being one-liners) are to more clearly communicate to the players how stealth is intended to work.

On the other hand, your whining on this changelog thread is out of scope.
30 Nov 2016, 08:13 AM

Was the raketen camo a bug? no it wasn't.
30 Nov 2016, 08:26 AM

and whoever was saying PIATs have gone completely OP is right.

Testing vs an OKW P4, 2 double PIAT squads will smash it in less than 10 seconds at max range. 2 single Schrek squads will take roughly 30 seconds.
They cost roughly the same.

Mr Smith, maybe you should play more than a few games (and try to play some OKW for example, hint hint). Then you can think about righteously balancing this game.
30 Nov 2016, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2016, 08:13 AMRappy
Was the raketen camo a bug? no it wasn't.

Let me save Mr.Smith the bother and quote him so he doesn't have to:

"The reason bugfixes to stealth get a separate chapter in the changelog (instead of being one-liners) are to more clearly communicate to the players how stealth is intended to work."

"To bring other stealth units in line with the cloaking changes made to Snipers, we have applied the following re-cloaking restrictions:"

How about rather than crying and spitting your dummy out, you actually give solutions rather than just 'problems'(or in this case, stuff you don't agree with)? Try it, you might get a better response.
30 Nov 2016, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2016, 08:26 AMRappy
and whoever was saying PIATs have gone completely OP is right.

Testing vs an OKW P4, 2 double PIAT squads will smash it in less than 10 seconds at max range. 2 single Schrek squads will take roughly 30 seconds.
They cost roughly the same.

Mr Smith, maybe you should play more than a few games (and try to play some OKW for example, hint hint). Then you can think about righteously balancing this game.

I highlighted your idiocy in bold. 4 > 2. I tested it and it took roughly 30 seconds for the piats to kill it and less than 10 seconds at max range for shreck squads to. See how information can be misleading without evidence? Which is accentuated more by your clear bias in hatred for this change, no one is going to take you seriously if you keep spitting bile at the current rate.
30 Nov 2016, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2016, 08:34 AMLatch

I highlighted your idiocy in bold. 4 > 2. I tested it and it took roughly 30 seconds for the piats to kill it and less than 10 seconds at max range for shreck squads to. See how information can be misleading without evidence? Which is accentuated more by your clear bias in hatred for this change, no one is going to take you seriously if you keep spitting bile at the current rate.

Mate, I clearly stated that 1 schrek costs similar to 2 PIATs. Maybe you should look a little deeper next time at the point being made before you mouth off. Double PIAT squads is a VERY common occurrence. On the other hand, single schreks were considered OP on volks.
30 Nov 2016, 08:38 AM

30 Nov 2016, 08:42 AM

If you are trying to counter tank destroyer spam with heavy tanks, you are the only one to blame. Raketens are better choice, can creep up the range in camo and TDs do nothing to them.

You do know that people dont build only TDs right? IE odds are their TD isnt unsupported. If you sneak rakkens up, sure you might get a shot off or two, but youll loose the rak and the TD will repair

AI Tanks are just as able to kill raketen as any other AT gun, or rather less, becouse other AT guns can't retreat.

Completely False, if you knew anything you'd know that other AT guns have free green cover. Also they dont need to get to 30 range to hit anything. Also they have better spaceing.

If your raketen hits ground too much and you don't need camo at the moment, put it inside garrison, it misses close to never from them, even snipes infantry if you let it shoot. And just like in case of maxim, it gets better firing cone.

So you agree that the Rak cannot both not hit ground and use its cammo to sneak up?

If you need really hard non-doc AT for the late game, you have the best non-doc TD in the form of jp4. Give it a try, its amazing I asure you.

The jp4 has good vet, but out of the gate its nothing special.

And don't give me "jp4 is in last tier" please. For earlier AT that is great for supplementing raketens and shrecks against medium rushes, you still have the newly AT buffed puma. Or simply enough, some mines...

Again Raks arnt that good.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight