Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Preview Changelog

PAGES (23)down
26 Nov 2016, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2016, 04:31 AMNubb3r

Was out in the open squad spacing even an issue? I always thought bunching behind cover was the deal.

Out-in the open formation also affects how fast the squad will spread WHILE leaving cover.

As it has already been mentioned, we can only change out-in-the-open formation, and formation-inside craters. For Axis infantry, in particular, their formation when sitting on craters is noticeably more spread.

Also OST halftrack doesn't gain vet from nearby units and the luchs uses the wrong Icon. The cost could go down further as well.

Thx for the heads up!

Note that the USF mortar is a more expensive shorter-ranged precise-copy of the OST mortar. There is also no longer the vet3 +33% range bonus for any mortar in the game.

26 Nov 2016, 08:06 AM

Anti-everything Comet and insane cost-effective Cromwell still there, feels bad~
26 Nov 2016, 09:05 AM
Phy
26 Nov 2016, 09:07 AM

I think SU infantry has been overnerfed. I'm ok with removing flamers from penals, but they should be given an upgrade (maybe dp28?) through tech.

Moreover now that guards have been nerfed in their AI profile SU has no infantry (cons are simple sponges). As it has been said, the only way to go will be maxim spam again (which still is very effective this patch, but not mandatory as it seems it would with winter patch)

Light vehicles changes seem Ok to me. Perhaps m20 changes were totally unnecessary and t70 has been toned down too much.

I'm really happy with the unitspaca/mortar changes though.
26 Nov 2016, 09:38 AM

So, can you please add a UI indication for the bonus from 1 vet for Penals?
You makw something like this for Commando, but forget about Penal.
There is no way to check, what "To the Last man" ability doing in the game.

Commando duration has a limited duration, and the passive sprint can sometimes work against you (since Commandos can't fire while sprinting).

To the last man is active all the time, passively. The only visual indication that you need for it is the number of models alive, and you already have it.

Since I've been slightly bothered by this myself I think I should explain his thought; the thing is about British Commandos having a unclickable (thus, 'passive') ability in their bottom-right ability slot ('V' button with grid keys) that informs the player that the commandos will cloak in cover. The same is about British tiers; there are unclickable buttons in them presenting Mortar Pit and the pounder emplacement to the player as integral parts of British unit roster. The quoted poster's idea was to add similar unclickable ability to penals' 'V' ability slot (maybe with the conscripts zeal/for mother russia icon) describing the ability to the player, not with exact values (2% for each etc.) but with general idea of it. Hope you will think about implementing this.
26 Nov 2016, 09:54 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Since I've been slightly bothered by this myself I think I should explain his thought; the thing is about British Commandos having a unclickable (thus, 'passive') ability in their bottom-right ability slot ('V' button with grid keys) that informs the player that the commandos will cloak in cover. The same is about British tiers; there are unclickable buttons in them presenting Mortar Pit and the pounder emplacement to the player as integral parts of British unit roster. The quoted poster's idea was to add similar unclickable ability to penals' 'V' ability slot (maybe with the conscripts zeal/for mother russia icon) describing the ability to the player, not with exact values (2% for each etc.) but with general idea of it. Hope you will think about implementing this.

Thank you, this is exactly what i mean! :new:
26 Nov 2016, 09:55 AM

Thank you, this is exactly what i mean! :new:

This is an excellent idea.

However, in order for this to work, we need to be able to actually add an UI icon to the game. I personally don't know how to do this, but I would be happy to include the fix if somebody does.
26 Nov 2016, 10:09 AM

This is an excellent idea.

However, in order for this to work, we need to be able to actually add an UI icon to the game. I personally don't know how to do this, but I would be happy to include the fix if somebody does.

I'm not familiar with modding of this game, can't 'For Mother Russia' commander ability icon be used? Or are assets tied to their units and abilities?
26 Nov 2016, 10:11 AM

No changes to the Ostheer Panther.

Didn´t I say some days ago that noone who thinks the Ostheer Panther is in a good spot should be considered for making a community based patch? And the fucking Comet, Cromwell, Panzer IV stay as they are? Holy shit, I´m disappointed.

Guess I can go back to Pionier spam though. :snfPeter:
26 Nov 2016, 10:18 AM

I'm not familiar with modding of this game, can't 'For Mother Russia' commander ability icon be used? Or are assets tied to their units and abilities?

That's an excellent idea. UI icons can be reused at will.
26 Nov 2016, 10:18 AM

XD infantry sucks now but the quad rapes aby plane in seconds
26 Nov 2016, 10:38 AM

I was thinking about maybe adding a healing ability to both the ost and ussr half-track. This should support using the half tracks as forward re-enforce point so that u not only can re-enforce but also can heal a bit closer to the front line. this healing ability could be either a ambulance toggle copy, or some timed ability for a certain amount of munitions. ofc the healing ability should dissappear when u upgrade to quad/flamer.

i was thinking of doing this bcs both ost and ussr lack healing close to frontline (except crappy ost heal bunker)and if u can only re-enforce and not heal then u will be seeing six man or 4 man squads with all like 25%-50% health for example, which are still useless at the frontline cuz they drain mp. But retreating to the base cost time. this should help to solve it and add more flexibility for healing options for especially ussr and ost as well (in a certain way).

it would also improve sov and ost position against the usf okw and ukf frp's. cuz now u can soft retreat to some forward base of your own.

all the other patch notes seem quite allright, would love to see the usf mortar nerfed in to oblivion, but thats mainly caused by my hate against it. this may work out rather well. thumbs up and keep improving :thumbsup:
26 Nov 2016, 10:54 AM

most changes are great.
sadly the kv1 and especially the B4 STAY UNTOUCHED !!!

USF mortar didnt get nerfed enough aswell, but ok, the nerf is better than nothing..
26 Nov 2016, 11:03 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2016, 01:51 AMCrumbum

Spot on. Keep in mind though there are some changes that you mentioned which the community testers/modders would agree with, but can't be included in the patch because they are limited in what they are allowed to do by relic. It is still a little depressing that some of these things get overlooked and also the multiple contradictions in the changelog.

So thay nerf soviet and i must waiting 6 month for next patch that wiil be maybe fix it ? Just look, Mr.Smith write we herf guards coz ppl must choose another calling units like schocks, shocks only work in few maps, like close range units, thay are WORSE elite close range (hello rangers, commandos,paratrooper) compared the there price and DPS. Next thing thay begin nerf all different units like mortars for one system, like in old times. Thay write we what balance penals/guards around vermaht infatry, but maybe forget how its play with cons when grens have lmg and how its look in late game. Soviet are one of MP bleed faction, and with this price for elite infatry and there efficiency its looks not good. Ostheer pio buff make unbalance now compared to soviet for 0 reason, coz moders can not explaine why thay buff this unit, but ignore soviet pio ? This all for me looks like step to meet axis hysterics in forums (but with wrongs things). Hello b4 20 popcap we wii fix you close in 22 century, just wait. Just balance politics coz Kyle maybe tired clean thread in official forum from axis lovers.
26 Nov 2016, 11:11 AM

With penals and guards nerfed, perhaps people will start using scripts again. Would be nice :)
26 Nov 2016, 11:12 AM

lol first of all i come after 5-6 months,and i found only 1 balance patch...but glad to see community is included too.
Now first of judging bye the responses here you can see why it was unbalanced in first place,lots of allied fanboys lol just look at it,theres next to none support for axis here.
now to actual patch,miragefla not going to say hes allied biased because he makes good whermact changes but judging by his mod either he hates okw or has no clue about them.
Mr.smith and generalsgentleman (especially) both allied biased no question about that.
as for the patch good changes no complaints from me and are in good direction,although okw will be still lacking in anti infantry and mid game anti tank department...buff to obers and falls dps couldbe good,s well letting volks have their panzershreck but have some other mechanic of using it

edit : would have preferred cruzz because hes the one that seems unbiased
26 Nov 2016, 11:27 AM

Removing the flamer from penals is a good step, however I think they should get the molotov as a replacement.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS