Login

russian armor

We need to #believe into community balance team :) :banana:

14 Nov 2016, 21:49 PM

Over 3 years of CoH2 and we are still stuck on:

- broken Call-Ins

- broken Off-Map arty

- cheesy mortar wipes

- some overperforming units (mainly on allies side atm, sadly :( )

- some remaining bugs, all the way ahead those SUPER annoying bugsplat errors, the nightmare of every CoH2 player #FailedToCreateDumpFile :oops:

It's an awesome idea from Relic to allow competent balance designers, bug spotters and "walking CoH2 wikipedias" from the community working on CoH2 balance by handing over the access to this job :)

Let's hope Relic gives them enough space to perform that :)
14 Nov 2016, 23:13 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Over 3 years of CoH2 and we are still stuck on:

- broken Call-Ins

Well i have to disagree here^^

No t34/85 spam anymore

No E8 spam anymore

No Piv from OKW with Vet

So atleast they did here something :)

And yes, as Stormless allready said, Dezember is a good time for a patch.
14 Nov 2016, 23:57 PM

FailedToCreateDumbFile is largely due to low amounts of RAM, get 8 gigs and you will be just fine, but I THINK I still had it back when I was with 4 gigs however I'm not 100% sure.
15 Nov 2016, 04:58 AM

Given what happened last December, I'm not holding my breath, at least that patch removed Shrecks from Volks.
15 Nov 2016, 10:16 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

FailedToCreateDumbFile is largely due to low amounts of RAM, get 8 gigs and you will be just fine, but I THINK I still had it back when I was with 4 gigs however I'm not 100% sure.

read this :

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/258763#Comment_258763
15 Nov 2016, 10:46 AM

read this :

I had issues even loading my game without getting bugsplats (like, it would take 5-6 attempts before the game would launch).

One thing that I tried, which worked for me, is empty your replay folder. If you still want to hold on to your replays, just move them to a different folder where the game won't be able to access them.

I tried this, and it seemed to help.

The replay folder should be under Doucments > My Games > Company of Heroes 2 > Playback
15 Nov 2016, 11:08 AM

I have 8 gigs of ram since the game launched and after WFA release performance went down the drain. Bugsplats became more prominent and performance in general went down south. Also the RAM related issues are still there, even for people that have 16 gigs of ram. There is simply memory loss all over the place in the engine.
15 Nov 2016, 11:10 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I have 8 gigs of ram since the game launched and after WFA release performance went down the drain. Bugsplats became more prominent and performance in general went down south. Also the RAM related issues are still there, even for people that have 16 gigs of ram. There is simply memory loss all over the place in the engine.

The problem is, Relic don't read here. So if you want, that you have a very small chance, that Relic will see it, you have to write it like here:

Sorry to say that :(
15 Nov 2016, 11:48 AM

Permanently Banned
Relic even dont read there forum, i make thread about road map and optimizations and Kyle still eat his tiger cake :(.
Only hope for guys from community, wait help from Relic its like mem.
15 Nov 2016, 12:08 PM

read this :

What am I reading here exactly?

And look, that's my case, I'm not talking about this on anyone else's behalf, since I got another 4 gigs of RAM both CoH and CoH 2 have not given me this problem, which I also think had something to do with the video card's VRAM being too small or something.

But I can clearly remember only having this problem in Europe at War (a mod for CoH) when I had a very old nVidia GeForce 8600GT and 2 gigs of DDR2 RAM, and Darthborne (the mod's developer) told me that it's probably because of my shitty video card at the time.

Since I got my sort of new gaming laptop I haven't had the issue, but I also run all of my games on the lowest possible settings, so anyone having trouble should check if they have a very old setup and also check their graphic settings.
15 Nov 2016, 20:46 PM

Well i have to disagree here^^

No t34/85 spam anymore

No E8 spam anymore

No Piv from OKW with Vet

So atleast they did here something :)

And yes, as Stormless allready said, Dezember is a good time for a patch.

Yeah the ez8 or t34/85 spam was ridiculous, but there are still so many commanders in this game where it's like this:

ALSO, inf Call-Ins should be like Stormtroopers: weak right at the start, but after some battle XP + mun investment (much) better than your usual non-doctrinal inf in puncto versatility and cost/usability comparison. And not like this broken sh*t like british commandos from land matress doc or partisans who are like free wipes against weapon teams or retreating squads.

Or anti tank partisans! A schreck on top of snare, stealth + instant AT nade! lmao. The fact that nades are immediately available after spawn in civ building is retarded AF imo.. on all inf Call-Ins
15 Nov 2016, 21:27 PM

I do agree that Relic should be more uniform with Call-Ins or handicap them similar to Miragefla's Mod where you pay a fuel upcharge for Call-ins without teching. For example why are T34/85 callins bad but Lend-Lease Sherman is okay?

A lot of times Call-Ins are used as a crutch if things are going poorly or can allow a player to have their cake and eat it too. (Command Panther and Pershing particularly come to mind). Its just kind of cheesy that you can spend the fuel for light vehicle/pressure play and can then call-in a medium-heavy or heavy tank for what is essentially a 120 fuel discount.

Yes this comes with downsides (you're screwed if you lose it quickly, have to wait a long time to call in supplemental medium armor, and need to wait for command points) but the timing of when these tanks can appear versus teching to T3-4 can often mean the difference between winning and losing.
16 Nov 2016, 13:37 PM

I'm on the other side of the fence, having had 8GB for a long time and upgraded last year to 16GB without ever having much troubles with Bugsplats. So there definitely has to be another factor involved than merely memory capacity.

Replays have been mentioned above, which doesn't seem unlikely, considering that locking the replay folder also notably increases performance on struggling systems (especially if the system is weak and doesn't have lots of RAM).
16 Nov 2016, 14:22 PM

I'm on the other side of the fence, having had 8GB for a long time and upgraded last year to 16GB without ever having much troubles with Bugsplats. So there definitely has to be another factor involved than merely memory capacity.

Replays have been mentioned above, which doesn't seem unlikely, considering that locking the replay folder also notably increases performance on struggling systems (especially if the system is weak and doesn't have lots of RAM).

It doesn't add up. This is the only game that gives me problems. I can run Battlefield 1 on ultra, totally maxed out at 1080p at 90-120 fps lol. How come CoH2 just runs like a drugged up hog with only one leg?
16 Nov 2016, 15:09 PM

Truesight most likely.

It existed in CoH1 but was disabled because it caused intensive performance issues.

So when they enabled it for CoH2, it appears those same intensive performance issues didn't disappear on their own nor was it really mitigated by advances in computer power.
17 Nov 2016, 09:24 AM

Truesight most likely.

It existed in CoH1 but was disabled because it caused intensive performance issues.

So when they enabled it for CoH2, it appears those same intensive performance issues didn't disappear on their own nor was it really mitigated by advances in computer power.

Computer power alone doesn't help COH2 in any way, you don't get the due amount of higher frames by running the game on an i7 6700k + GTX1080 rig instead of an i5 3600 + GTX660 (of course the general performance is better, but COH2 is incredibly resistant to using more hardware power to run better).

A lot of the problems are also bound to the physics implementation, turning down physics has an even bigger impact than turning down resolution or GFX. I suspect that the game is continuously slowed down by having to wait for physics to be calculated, which happens only on one CPU core. As those calculations also coincide heavily with explosions, many people mistake those as the real problem. We also see buffer overflows happen in the form of those weird implosions that cause movable objects on the map to fly towards some point (logs and broken down fences).
17 Nov 2016, 14:53 PM

I was just saying that the TrueSight mechanic is insanely inefficient and from what I understand it made CoH1 unplayable. Or rather, it made CoH1 chug like COH2.

Never had issues with CoH1 physics. In fact, my laptop ran COH1 better than my desktop ran CoH2.

And I believe it is certain abilities that bug out physics and cause the strange vacuums. I could be mistaken on that though.
17 Nov 2016, 15:14 PM

And I believe it is certain abilities that bug out physics and cause the strange vacuums. I could be mistaken on that though.

No you're not. This is caused by atguns/other team weapons getting destroyed. I see it a lot when watching casts and a player takes his time to destroy an atgun with his own or his tank. Atgun explosions cause this weird shockwave/vacuum effect on all other debris laying around. It reminds me of early days garry's mod physics shenanigans.
17 Nov 2016, 15:16 PM
Donator 11

Computer power alone doesn't help COH2 in any way, you don't get the due amount of higher frames by running the game on an i7 6700k + GTX1080 rig instead of an i5 3600 + GTX660 (of course the general performance is better, but COH2 is incredibly resistant to using more hardware power to run better).

A lot of the problems are also bound to the physics implementation, turning down physics has an even bigger impact than turning down resolution or GFX. I suspect that the game is continuously slowed down by having to wait for physics to be calculated, which happens only on one CPU core. As those calculations also coincide heavily with explosions, many people mistake those as the real problem. We also see buffer overflows happen in the form of those weird implosions that cause movable objects on the map to fly towards some point (logs and broken down fences).

Coh2 is very CPU consuming and the differences in speed between old and new processors are much smaller than producers make them to be in their advertisments. For last 5 years nothing has changed in terms of cpu architechture (x86 ofc). This can really be felt. And this is the reason why you feel that no matter how much you pay for your pc it's still slow in coh2.
17 Nov 2016, 16:03 PM

Coh2 is very CPU consuming and the differences in speed between old and new processors are much smaller than producers make them to be in their advertisments. For last 5 years nothing has changed in terms of cpu architechture (x86 ofc). This can really be felt. And this is the reason why you feel that no matter how much you pay for your pc it's still slow in coh2.

I always thought that this was due to the engine not utilizing multicore cpu advantages, which are the only thing that really hapened in the last 5 years. I'd like to know how mobas do their true sight calculation, since it seems to not hinder performane at all in these games. Of course they are a lot less demanding in other departments too, but if truesight is a major contributor towards coh2's performance sink it might help to know how it is done in other games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★