Login

russian armor

Iron Harvest

PAGES (9)down
16 Sep 2020, 21:57 PM

maybe i should give some inside of the IH community cause i really enjoy the game the devs are awesome and working with them is easy and fun (im part of the team that started to host community tourneys) but i have to admit IH is nothing compared to coh2
16 Sep 2020, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2020, 21:57 PMOlvadi
maybe i should give some inside of the IH community cause i really enjoy the game the devs are awesome and working with them is easy and fun (im part of the team that started to host community tourneys) but i have to admit IH is nothing compared to coh2

tbh the main problem I have is that the playerbase is already too small making it not really worth getting into. Ive had this experience with steel division. Learnt the game, played in beta tourneys etc. but the game is just not popular enough to make for a fun experience.
17 Sep 2020, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2020, 23:17 PMGiaA

tbh the main problem I have is that the playerbase is already too small making it not really worth getting into. Ive had this experience with steel division. Learnt the game, played in beta tourneys etc. but the game is just not popular enough to make for a fun experience.

i disagree with you the playerbase is more then decent to get good games and the tourney scene is starting to grow
17 Sep 2020, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2020, 12:46 PMOlvadi

i disagree with you the playerbase is more then decent to get good games and the tourney scene is starting to grow

Well, I disagree with you. Yesterday I was wath the CoH2 and IH multiplayer. At that moment 3,500 people played in CoH2 and 900 in IH. And this is a game that is 8 years old and a fresh game.
17 Sep 2020, 13:19 PM

i never said that Ih has bigger playerbase i just said the olayerbase is big enouph to find games and have good games ofc coh2 has the bigger playerbase
17 Sep 2020, 13:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2020, 13:19 PMOlvadi
i never said that Ih has bigger playerbase i just said the olayerbase is big enouph to find games and have good games ofc coh2 has the bigger playerbase

Well, the game is boring, and apparently I'm not the only one who finds it. There is such a huge difference between an eight year old game and a new one.
17 Sep 2020, 19:37 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2020, 13:19 PMOlvadi

Currently, Iron Harvest has more twitch viewers than CoH2 (RTS category):

Far more impressive is this marketing success;
Iron Harvest - Cinematic Trailer has 13M views:

My advice to Iron Harvest devs:
Focus on Co-Op/PvE first, then PvP.
Competitive ladder players is a niche and not your core audience. Keep in mind fan forums is kinda biased and perhabs not the best to get good feedback from PvE'er.

For confirmation and inspiration look at the popularity of Starcraft Co-Op and DoW2: Last Stand (Co-Op survival game mode).
CoH2 have Theatre of War Co-Ops which was poorly implemented.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/62130/relic-wanted-feedback-for-coh1-vs-coh2/page/4
If they want to make a COH3, I would like it that they make co-op modes like in StarCraft 2. Gives non-comp players something to do and helps maintain the playerbase(co-op players are more than competitive ladder players combined)

3-Teamgames modes has to be enjoyable first, balanced second, cause you can't really balance it. Seeing that Blizzard really hit it with it's CoOP mode, i would say they should aim for this if they want to catter to the masses.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/102584/new-features-in-coh3-request-discussion

12- Double down in Theater of War. Try to replicate the success achieved by SC2 with Coop mode.

Funny enough, CoH released with Theater of War which was basically a coop experience.

SC2 commanders basically "saved" the franchise of been another diablo 3 with skeleton crew game.

I think Starcraft 2 Co-op mode is the big RTS Revolution to target the casual players.
For Relic/Sega Co-op is a good way to make money from paid-commanders (not pay-to-win but pay-to-help).

StarCraft II Co-op In-Depth Review - A Real-time Strategy Revolution, 2018

https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Co-op_Missions

Relic was working on a stand-alone game to DoW2: Last Stand. Codename "Atlas". The studio talked about the project in this DoW documentary;

I really enjoyed playing DoW2: Last Stand. With the way Iron Harvest heroes and reserves works, I think something similar could work.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS