Login

russian armor

CoH3 will be MODERN WARFARE ??????

PAGES (11)down
27 May 2019, 19:00 PM

I'm not nitpicking and it's fine to be very critical.
From my POV it was either PC/mobile or PC/console expansion.
Ancestors Legacy + Iron Harvest is proof of concept, that console might work for a spin-off CoH game.
I doubt this will be a faithful sequel to CoH1/CoH2, so they have to market this differently (not CoH3).

Relic job annoucement | SENIOR CAMPAIGN DESIGNER:

It's worth noting, Atlus leadership who make console RPG's convinced Sega upper management to improve gaming quality. Atlus is owned by Sega Sammy Holdings same as Sega.

Atlus has been highly successful with Persona 5 on PlayStation.

John Clark, EVP Publishing at SEGA Europe
https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-clark-8b060614/

What Atlus expect from reviewers

John L. Hardin, Atlus PR Manager 2013-2017
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jlhardin0810/

In all honesty as other people have stated before me, I agree that Dawn of War 3 MAYBE could have worked, if it wasn't called Dawn of War 3.

So like you said, this is not a faithful sequel, while using the same name and being portrayed as such.

So again, it probably maybe would have worked as a sort of MOBA-RTS mash up if it wasn't using Dawn of War's name which is known for squad based tactical and strategic depth of combat and perhaps scale.

Most fans of the series, like me, I am guessing wanted and were expecting Dawn of War on Dawn of War 2/Company of Heroes 2's engine with DoW2's improvements and maybe some on top of those as well but that's about it, nobody expected for them to try and do mental gymnastics by trying to invent the wheel all over again. You got something good, something that was loved and has a following even until today (I still believe more people play DoW than DoW3) so you improve upon that while maybe incrementally adding something new like with DoW2, there was absolutely no need to depart so drastically from the core DoW gameplay in my opinion and I have no idea why they did it in the first place, trying to always be the best, the newest and the most "hip" almost always backfires.

Relic made history with both the first DoW and CoH because they had an idea and THQ was willing to invest into it so they tried it out and they found that it was liked and well received but I don't think imagined that it would be one of the top RTS games ever rated.

In a time of a market while not over-saturated like now with StarCraft and AoE as well as WarCraft clones they were the dominant things and DoW and CoH sorta broke that mold brilliantly which made them stand out.

So to me personally that's why they were so well done and loved, because they weren't doing it for the money or anything, they were probably content with the fact that the game might fail or that it might just get a niche following or whatever but still did, they still tried and they poured all of their love and creativity into it so that's why it worked.

And I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record here but Dawn of War 3 was made with the idea to re-invent the wheel by combining a nowadays pretty popular genre (MOBAs) and RTS which is a more niche and less popular genre and that's ironic but whatever, point is, you do it for the innovation and making something new, good and interesting, not to make a lot of money or to be popular because it will blow up in your face big time and that's where a lot of the nowadays triple A devs fail at and where the Indie devs pickup I think.
29 May 2019, 21:44 PM

Did no one else play the excellent modern combat mod for CoH 1?

US Army and US Marines vs the Chinese PLA. It really showed what a good modern scenario in the CoH game style can be.
30 May 2019, 00:01 AM

Did no one else play the excellent modern combat mod for CoH 1?

US Army and US Marines vs the Chinese PLA. It really showed what a good modern scenario in the CoH game style can be.

Yes but it was sadly severely lacking in the balance and content department.

I'm not saying that they failed or anything, just stating the obvious. It's not easy to basically start making models and assets from the ground up for an overhaul of the entire game which really shows.

I would also rather a modern CoH be based around the Iraq and Afghanistan conflict, sort of like Arma 3/Squad instead of fighting against Russians and Chinese, basically post-communists because a lot of politics will go into it as well as online debates and so on and you will end up with the Russian being unhappy like always because they're not potrayed as the big heroes while the Chinese will try to censor as much as possible as to not look like the bad guys.

All in all said, the political climate right now does not fit a hardcore cold war/pseudo-modern fantasy setting of pitting West vs East.

Sure one could give Battlefield as an example but CoH is more known to stick closer to history while BF is just... BF, I mean you had M10s as heavy tanks in Battlefield 1942 lol, not to mention that the British were basically using 90% American equipment during the entire game and I don't think it was all about being short on the budget side either.
30 May 2019, 00:51 AM

I’d rather see a fictional Cold War era fight set in the early 1990’s where you can have basically all of the high notes of a modern setting without the crippling effect of being actually contemporary. Fiction is fiction and getting upset by it is silly.

You can also do things in an alternate history setting that you can’t in a truely historical setting. WWII as a setting is both the foundation of CoH and a crutch.

Of course if they do end up doing WWII, an earlier setting such as the North African campaign into Italy would be very cool. I’d like to see Shermans as the heaviest medium tank as they actually were in those campaigns with the very rare Tiger I being the exception. Early Churchills had weaker guns and there’s a very interesting blend of British and Italian armor to be experimented with as well. Panthers and King Tigers have been done to death when the most interesting battles were fought with Crusaders, Shermans and Panzer IIIs.
30 May 2019, 10:45 AM

Modern warfare works on wider scale than Coh2 has even proposed. I don't know how you expect to integrate the multitude of long range weapons and air weapons into a tiny battle map scale like proposed by coh.

The next iteration of COH should be design around featuring an RTS plateform proposing different game modes and an intelligent way for funding it over time.
COH1 & 2 have the same flaws here of not being able to propose anything balance outside of 1vs1 by victory points. Annihilation is not balanced, 2vs2 and above are not balanced and that's what is slowing the game right now.
I'm still convinced COHO was the right way to go in term of gaming platform design for an RTS game like COH. Next COH game must be a multiplayer game with some Solo content and not a Solo game with a multiplayer content. Then once this is settle, era of conflict can be addressed.
30 May 2019, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2019, 10:45 AMEsxile
Modern warfare works on wider scale than Coh2 has even proposed. I don't know how you expect to integrate the multitude of long range weapons and air weapons into a tiny battle map scale like proposed by coh.

The next iteration of COH should be design around featuring an RTS plateform proposing different game modes and an intelligent way for funding it over time.
COH1 & 2 have the same flaws here of not being able to propose anything balance outside of 1vs1 by victory points. Annihilation is not balanced, 2vs2 and above are not balanced and that's what is slowing the game right now.
I'm still convinced COHO was the right way to go in term of gaming platform design for an RTS game like COH. Next COH game must be a multiplayer game with some Solo content and not a Solo game with a multiplayer content. Then once this is settle, era of conflict can be addressed.

And looked at Battlefield 5: this is the full price game, in which the single player game was infringed upon in favor of multiplayer. And what is the result? War Stories is poor-quality and boring, multiplayer is poor-quality with minimal content, a new map every six months and one of them is of poor quality. Cooperative mode is the worst in the game series, Battleroyal is a failed and boring attempt to jump on the hype train. BF5 - only half a year later the game turned out what it should be on the release, and it still does not have the functions that we were promised: dragging wounded allies, paratroopers still do not have a parachute and German parachutists are British soldiers flying on C-47 .

No thanks, I will pay full price only for a game with a single story.
30 May 2019, 13:42 PM

And looked at Battlefield 5: this is the full price game, in which the single player game was infringed upon in favor of multiplayer. And what is the result? War Stories is poor-quality and boring, multiplayer is poor-quality with minimal content, a new map every six months and one of them is of poor quality. Cooperative mode is the worst in the game series, Battleroyal is a failed and boring attempt to jump on the hype train. BF5 - only half a year later the game turned out what it should be on the release, and it still does not have the functions that we were promised: dragging wounded allies, paratroopers still do not have a parachute and German parachutists are British soldiers flying on C-47 .

No thanks, I will pay full price only for a game with a single story.

That a dev/publisher issue and has nothing to do with the game itself. You could had the exact same outcome with BF5 being a single player based game with crappy single player story and crappy multiplayer quality.

As opposed to your example I'll say DOTA2 is, in my opinion, a better example of a multiplayer game concept with single player elements that works very well.

And I think it is easier to introduce single player campaign to a multiplayer platform in form of scenarios or addition campaign that modeling or remodeling multiplayer into fitting players expectation.
30 May 2019, 13:51 PM

A large portion of the CoH community, however less vocal, plays primarily against the computer in either the story modes, skirmish modes or other campaigns like Ardennes assault. The skill cap of RTS games is so high that you alienate a huge portion of players by not including a fleshed our solo experience. Not to mention those of us with slow internet connections that preclude actually playing online.

A customizable skirmish vs AI would be a big selling point to these players. Wouldn’t it be cool to have a better AI that you can tune the playstyle of and load out of? “Hrrrmmm, I want to practice against a Tiger strategy so I’ll set the AI to pick lightning war doctrine and it’s playstyle to be to stall for call ins.”

CoH 3 has to have a story mode. And I would love to see more control and better AI for skirmish mode.
30 May 2019, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2019, 13:42 PMEsxile

That a dev/publisher issue and has nothing to do with the game itself. You could had the exact same outcome with BF5 being a single player based game with crappy single player story and crappy multiplayer quality.

As opposed to your example I'll say DOTA2 is, in my opinion, a better example of a multiplayer game concept with single player elements that works very well.

And I think it is easier to introduce single player campaign to a multiplayer platform in form of scenarios or addition campaign that modeling or remodeling multiplayer into fitting players expectation.

Unfortunately, in most cases this will be repeated, it will give more reason for the greediness of the developers / publishers. Developing a single game is a big part of the job. By trimming a single-player game, it pushes developers / publishers to make less content and demand full price, so I consider this approach to be unprofitable for the buyer.
30 May 2019, 17:58 PM

Esxile's idea sounds like Dawn Of War 3
Vaz
31 May 2019, 18:33 PM

I think it could work if it still sticks to the same kind of formula. In all honesty the lethality of the weapons in coh are drastically toned down compared to their real life counterparts. We know tanks could shoot the entire expanse of a map (something long range arty can't even do, lmao). We have infantry with rifles that need like 100 shots in a firefight to kill a guy. So we add the auto-weapons...same shit. It can work.
31 May 2019, 22:40 PM
Patrion 310

CoH 3 has to have a story mode. And I would love to see more control and better AI for skirmish mode.

I think Starcraft 2 Co-op mode is the big RTS Revolution to target the casual players.
For Relic/Sega Co-op is a good way to make money from paid-commanders (not pay-to-win but pay-to-help). AI are getting more advanced with OpenAI as used in DOTA 2.

OpenAI’s Dota 2 AI steamrolls world champion e-sports team with back-to-back victories, 2019:
https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/13/18309459/openai-five-dota-2-finals-ai-bot-competition-og-e-sports-the-international-champion

StarCraft II Co-op In-Depth Review - A Real-time Strategy Revolution, 2018

In 2015, Starcraft II introduced a co-op mode, where two players would face up against Amon in a PVE-type mission. The game features several different commanders to play and many different maps to choose from.
https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Co-op_Missions

There was absolutely no need to depart so drastically from the core DoW gameplay in my opinion and I have no idea why they did it in the first place, trying to always be the best, the newest and the most "hip" almost always backfires

Thx for the feedback.
Fans to Relic:
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

A couple of good quotes from former Relic communication lead, Benjamin Boudreau
Ben left to become Head of CA Communications, Total War (2018-present)
https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/15995/well-relic-q-a/p4
@loksunl said:
The beta just too late for making needed changes before release.
Why relic not make a alpha or included more old player as test group?
Do you think relic need to rethink the decision process of game direction?
Did the relic team learn enough to make a good AOE4?
I am a AOE fans too(not much as a DOW fan), I only have more doubt for RELIC's ability after today.

@r_benb said:
Your points about betas and players as part of our process have been a huge point of discussion in the studio. I can't get into much detail here but even before the launch of DOW, the AOE team has been working very differently to make user research, early play-testing, and community consultation a much bigger part of how we make games.

@7CavPyth said:
What was wrong with the players? I'm not talking about the current problems, but at the source, why did not this game attract people?

@r_benb said:
Before this conversation gets away from us, we don't think anything was wrong with the players. Sure, they're tough on us but they like what they like and that's okay. Our challenge was complicated because DOW players are different than DOW2 players who are different than DOW3 players - each has different priorities, wants and needs.
1 Jun 2019, 14:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Funny enough, CoH released with Theater of War which was basically a coop experience.

SC2 commanders basically "saved" the franchise of been another diablo 3 with skeleton crew game.
1 Jun 2019, 15:45 PM

Funny enough, CoH released with Theater of War which was basically a coop experience.

SC2 commanders basically "saved" the franchise of been another diablo 3 with skeleton crew game.

This is why you include a campaign, good AI and Co-Op matches in an RTS game if you want it to be good and sell well, which does not mean half ass all of that and then focus on the multiplayer aspect only.
2 Jun 2019, 07:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2019, 22:55 PMVuther
It has come to our attention that nigo has worded his thread's title like YouTube clickbait. We're very sorry for any distress this has caused, and in light of this, have terminated him from his position with coh2.org.

Honestly, it's hard for me to imagine CoH without AT guns. But the existence of World in Conflict leads me to believe it can work (but stay being CoH, not WiC, I much prefer CoH's cover proliferation).

I think it’d be cool, if they do modern warfare, to have wire guided ATGMs act like AT guns in coh1&2.

And I would love to see a 1950s fictional no nuke hot war in Europe for CoH3

I would be fine with a few fictional/prototype vehicles being used as well if needed.

But that’s me
18 Sep 2019, 01:34 AM
Patrion 310

I fully agree with this, CoH2's marketing and their portrayal of the Soviet are completely at-odds with each other. The marketing was a favourable portrayal of the Soviets, which also drew in a large Eastern audience, which then felt betrayed when they played the campaign which is unfortunately seems to be a Cold War era NATO interpretation of the Eastern Front. Not to mention the Great Red Army is protrayed as being staffed mostly of Conscripts and Penals, with a handful of Guards or Assault troops on the side.
+1

Old CoH2 YouTube vids goes viral and User Review bomb are proof of a large eastern audience.
CoH2 launch - review bomb (2013):
Metascore of 80/100, user score of 17/100?
How is this possible?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/864980009880341484/

Sega "investigating concerns" after Russian distributor pulls Company of Heroes 2
"We are taking this issue very seriously.", 2013
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-06-sega-investigating-concerns-after-russian-distributor-pulls-
company-of-heroes-2
Sega is looking into concern around real-time strategy game Company of Heroes 2 after its Russian distributor pulled it from sale.

Russian distributor 1C-SoftClub (part of the company responsible for the IL-2 Sturmovik and Men of War series') announced it had stopped selling Relic's World War 2 RTS after complaints over the portrayal of the Soviets.

Sega, publisher of the game and owner of its developer, Relic Entertainment, told Eurogamer it is taking the issue "very seriously".

"Sega and Relic are aware of the press stories circulating concerning Company of Heroes 2 and the historical context of the game from a Russian perspective," a statement read.

"At this time we cannot offer any further comment, however we are taking this issue very seriously and are investigating these concerns thoroughly with all relevant partners."

A Change.org petition calling on Valve to pull the game from sale in CIS [Commonwealth of Independent States] has, at the time of publication, over 17,000 signatures.

“The way the game developers see the conflict is disgusting,” reads the petition.

Relic community manager (Noun) pouring gas on fire. I don't blame Noun, but he is not the guy that put out a community fire.
All things considered, this studio basically told Russia/Eastern audience to go play another video game (classic Relic passive-aggressive behavior/righteousness/holier than thou attitude).

This failure + negative user reviews cost Relic millions of dollars and without a doubt will impact future sales due to brand devaluation etc..
CoH is not Call of Duty, WW2 fans won't easily forget Relic betrayal like this (along with p2w betrayal etc.). For years Relic leadership was tone deaf to fan criticism which then resulted in DoW3 betrayal as well.

CoH: Eastern front, Relic really missed out on a great WW2 market opportunity.
So they don't want to sell CoH3 to Russia? :(
Wargaming WoT do not exist without Russia WW2 patriotism.
Below a few Russian WW2 songs that highlight how popular WW2 is in Russia (gamer or not):

Concert for the WW2 Victory Day, "It's necessary to live", May 7, 2016
Victory Day a holiday that commemorates the surrender of Nazi Germany in 1945

Russian Beauty Sings Patriotic Favorite - Audience Loves It and Sings Along:

Opera Megastar Hvorostovsky Sings WW2 Favorite 'Katyusha', Audience Sings Along:
19 Sep 2019, 22:57 PM

+1

Old CoH2 YouTube vids goes viral and User Review bomb are proof of a large eastern audience.
CoH2 launch - review bomb (2013):
Metascore of 80/100, user score of 17/100?
How is this possible?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/864980009880341484/

Sega "investigating concerns" after Russian distributor pulls Company of Heroes 2
"We are taking this issue very seriously.", 2013
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-06-sega-investigating-concerns-after-russian-distributor-pulls-
Relic community manager (Noun) pouring gas on fire. I don't blame Noun, but he is not the guy that put out a community fire.
All things considered, this studio basically told Russia/Eastern audience to go play another video game (classic Relic passive-aggressive behavior/righteousness/holier than thou attitude).

This failure + negative user reviews cost Relic millions of dollars and without a doubt will impact future sales due to brand devaluation etc..
CoH is not Call of Duty, WW2 fans won't easily forget Relic betrayal like this (along with p2w betrayal etc.). For years Relic leadership was tone deaf to fan criticism which then resulted in DoW3 betrayal as well.

CoH: Eastern front, Relic really missed out on a great WW2 market opportunity.
So they don't want to sell CoH3 to Russia? :(
Wargaming WoT do not exist without Russia WW2 patriotism.
Below a few Russian WW2 songs that highlight how popular WW2 is in Russia (gamer or not):

Concert for the WW2 Victory Day, "It's necessary to live", May 7, 2016
Victory Day a holiday that commemorates the surrender of Nazi Germany in 1945

Russian Beauty Sings Patriotic Favorite - Audience Loves It and Sings Along:

Opera Megastar Hvorostovsky Sings WW2 Favorite 'Katyusha', Audience Sings Along:

First off, I want to thank you for actually inspiring me to write my very post mimicking yours Cobra, very much appreciated for your "model" so to speak.

Second, here's me destroying the "heroic" myth of communism and the Soviet Union in one fell swoop:

Communism has killed over 100+ million people for the around 100 years it has existed. I recently found and read this little (not really little, but very well detailed) article on it here: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Communism-Killed-Some-100-Million-People_fig1_324755193

Here's 2 hardly known Soviet (Not Chinese, Korean or Vietnamese ones) genocides -

Holodomor: https://memorialholodomor.org.ua/eng/holodomor/history/

And here's an article from BBC for those who fear "Ukranian propaganda": https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-25058256

How many did it kill? Hard to tell, but most sources site around 8-13 million.

Next up we have the massacre of Polish officers, the Soviets' presumed "Ally", known as the "Katyn massacre": https://allthatsinteresting.com/katyn-massacre

How many dead? Around 20,000.

Of course there are many more Soviet genocides such as in the Gulags and the countless small crimes committed by the NKVD and KGB but if I go more into those I'd probably be here the whole day and night writing this post so I'll just leave it at that. I also stumbled upon a nice book called "The black book of communism" if anybody is further interested in the many atrocities that happened in the Soviet Union.

Next we come to my other point, using dogs as anti-tank weaponry:

I have no words to describe my anger as a dog lover. I can only say that I am glad to have read that the dogs were either too afraid of tanks and stayed by their trainers to blow them up or ran towards Soviet tanks since they were trained on them.

I want to also mention that the Soviets were also lacking the brains to carry their infantry in halftracks or other armored personnel carriers like other nations and their Armies and instead used them as tank armor, apart from having any other effective hand-held infantry anti-tank weaponry besides AT grenades and AT rifles. The Germans at least had the common sense to see that the bazooka had potential and improve upon it.

Last point I will make: Propaganda, a lot of it -

What the hell is this exactly? Soviets running through fire against big bad Germans? Really? The newest movie "T-34" which is basically a knock-off of Fury is also full of it and another good example:

And they said Hollywood was bad. If it's not that then it's single Soviet soldiers defeating the entire German Army, all by themselves.

I mean sure you could say we have a lot of propaganda as well and single man Armies but even in Rambo you have the US Government portrayed as a sort of bad guy.

The only Russian movies that I would say were non-biased and I actually liked because they weren't full to the brim with propaganda are the Brest Fortress and perhaps the Woman's Death Battalion and I recommend them to anyone who wants to see actually good Russian movies.

Honestly I would rank Russian movies as #1 in the propaganda ladder, then come the Chinese and then maybe America's Hollywood as recently patriotism in the US in the movie making business has seen a steep decline for one reason or another but I will not get into it here.

So to end it here, I honestly do not care (about Russian opinions) and support Relic's decision on not siding with the Russians in their propaganda hungry demands of portraying the Soviets in a more heroic light. They were not heroes by any stretch of the imagination.

However I would like to say that to those who call me a blind and arrogant, and perhaps ignorant American Patriot or Wehrboo, I respect the common soldier, even the Soviet one, and I also found the Soviet campaign as horrendous. But the Soviets deserve to be portrayed the same as the US, British and Germans were in Company of Heroes, as common soldiers with their own stories, not as heroes and not as villains, but as humans.
20 Sep 2019, 05:27 AM
Patrion 310

First off, I want to thank you for actually inspiring me to write my very post mimicking yours Cobra, very much appreciated for your "model" so to speak.

Second, here's me destroying the "heroic" myth of communism and the Soviet Union in one fell swoop

Don't put words in my mouth, it's insulting. I'm not defending communism lol. Calm down.
My post was about Relic failing to sell WW2 video games and turning CoH2 into Company of Villains.
Perhaps the context was unclear and could be misunderstood, for that I apologize. For those that have read my previous posts on CoH2.org I believe the context is clear.
Alienating paying customers is bad business and Relic did this with both CoH2: Eastern Front and DoW3. Perhaps some of this was un-intentional but the result is the same.
WW2 is very popular in Russia and Wargaming has capitalized on this while Relic did shit.

Don't lecture me on politics/failed ideologies, I'm well aware about the danger of communism+nazism, more than you think. Also Russia did not invent communism, that came from Europe.
Most countries has a light/dark side as do America/Europe.

A. Soldier you don't seem to understand where Russians get their news from such as RT and alternative media. Movies are entertainment and to insinuate this is what Russia believes is just BS.
If you want to know what Russians believe in go watch some RT shows who has far less propaganda than any American MSM channel (including FOX).
Currently Tucker Carlson (former CNN) is the only good MSM journalist that is left.

Larry King Slams Former Network CNN: ‘Stopped Doing News a Long Time Ago’:
https://www.thewrap.com/larry-king-slams-cnn-network-stopped-doing-news-a-long-time-ago/

After leaving CNN, Larry King had a RT show and also supported third-party candidates while American MSM did nothing.

Third-Party Debate To Be Broadcast By Al Jazeera English, RT America, But Not Major Cable News Networks, 2012:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/third-party-debate-al-jazeera-english_n_1988014
NEW YORK — When Larry King moderates Tuesday’s third-party debate in Chicago, his former network, CNN, will not be carrying it live. And neither will Fox News or MSNBC.

RT Max Keiser Report also is great.
Keiser Dropping truth bombs about Goldman Sachs story:

As American you'll be more informed watching Russia TV channels (RT) than any American MSM channel (except Tucker Carlson). Irony?

Yes I know RT has bias, but they do more journalism than American MSM. That's a fact, like it or not.
20 Sep 2019, 07:12 AM

Don't put words in my mouth, it's insulting. I'm not defending communism lol. Calm down.
My post was about Relic failing to sell WW2 video games and turning CoH2 into Company of Villains.
Perhaps the context was unclear and could be misunderstood, for that I apologize. For those that have read my previous posts on CoH2.org I believe the context is clear.
Alienating paying customers is bad business and Relic did this with both CoH2: Eastern Front and DoW3. Perhaps some of this was un-intentional but the result is the same.
WW2 is very popular in Russia and Wargaming has capitalized on this while Relic did shit.

Don't lecture me on politics/failed ideologies, I'm well aware about the danger of communism+nazism, more than you think. Also Russia did not invent communism, that came from Europe.
Most countries has a light/dark side as do America/Europe.

A. Soldier you don't seem to understand where Russians get their news from such as RT and alternative media. Movies are entertainment and to insinuate this is what Russia believes is just BS.
If you want to know what Russians believe in go watch some RT shows who has far less propaganda than any American MSM channel (including FOX).
Currently Tucker Carlson (former CNN) is the only good MSM journalist that is left.

Larry King Slams Former Network CNN: ‘Stopped Doing News a Long Time Ago’:
https://www.thewrap.com/larry-king-slams-cnn-network-stopped-doing-news-a-long-time-ago/

After leaving CNN, Larry King had a RT show and also supported third-party candidates while American MSM did nothing.

Third-Party Debate To Be Broadcast By Al Jazeera English, RT America, But Not Major Cable News Networks, 2012:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/third-party-debate-al-jazeera-english_n_1988014

RT Max Keiser Report also is great.
Keiser Dropping truth bombs about Goldman Sachs story:

As American you'll be more informed watching Russia TV channels (RT) than any American MSM channel (except Tucker Carlson). Irony?

Yes I know RT has bias, but they do more journalism than American MSM. That's a fact, like it or not.

I will politely ask you to not be aggressive as my post was not aimed at you but at the Soviet fanboys that believe the Soviets as nothing less than heroes and 1 man Armies.

And I wasn't using sarcasm when I said that I appreciate your way of making threads, citing your sources instead of just writing empty words like most people (including me) because they cannot be bothered to do so.

I simply do not wish to have Soviet Propaganda in games so that's why I'm at least supporting Relic and other developers for not giving in to Russian bias.

And just so you know I don't watch the news, we don't even have TV where I live. I'm not here to argue politics or compare ideologies.
22 Sep 2019, 07:40 AM
Patrion 310

True story. Not one, but two Soviet officers saving the world from Nuclear WW3.
Vasili Arkhipov (Cuban missile crisis, WW2 soldier and later submarine Captain) and Stanislav Petrov.
Had Stanislav Petrov/Vasili Arkhipov just went with military protocol many of us wouldn't be here today.

Vasili Arkhipov:
The Man Who LITERALLY Saved The World From Nuclear War:

If you were born before 27 October 1962, Vasili Arkhipov, a Soviet Navy Officer, saved your life. The story of his role in the Cuban Missile Crisis deserves to be more widely known, because of what it tells us about nuclear weapons.

In this video:
In 1962, the U.S. and the Soviet Union were on the brink of possible mutual destruction- the world as a whole was facing a possible nuclear winter and all the devastation that would come with it. The Cold War had been escalated to “tepid” and was close to becoming hot with the failure of the Bay of Pigs in 1961 and the ensuing Cuban Missile Crisis.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/05/vasili-arkhipov-the-man-who-saved-the-world/

Stanislav Petrov:
The Man Who Saved the World Trailer 1 (2015) - Stanislav Petrov, Kevin Costner Documentary HD:

Few people know of him... Yet hundreds of millions of people are alive because of him. The actions of Stanislav Petrov, a retired Soviet military officer, prevented the start of a worldwide nuclear war and the devastation of much of the Earth.

Stanislav Petrov, the 'man who saved the world' dies at 77:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/18/man-saved-world-dies-77/
The former Soviet military officer credited with saving the world from nuclear destruction has died at the age of 77. Stanislav Petrov, a lieutenant colonel in the Soviet Air Defence Forces, was the officer on duty at the Soviet Union’s early warning centre when malfunctioning computers signaled the United States had launched missiles at the country in September 1983.

His decision to ignore warnings is credited with averting nuclear armageddon.

My CoH2.org message has been clear, say yes to Company of Heroes, not Company of Villains..
I have highlighted German WW2 “heroes” in previous posts such as Luftwaffe ace, Franz Stigler.
This is not me being biased to any side, I want what is best for CoH3.

Amazing tale of a desperate WWII pilot’s encounter with a German flying ace:

https://nypost.com/2012/12/09/amazing-tale-of-a-desperate-wwii-pilots-encounter-with-a-german-flying-ace/
Bf 109 pilot Franz Stigler and B-17 pilot Charlie Brown's first meeting:

HBO Band of Brothers: German General's speech:

Respect to all WW2 veterans!

Warren Chambers:
“As a veteran of war I can tell you the worst possible thing for us who survived whether at home or in the war zone is for us to be forgotten. Never forget the sacrifices made or it will have been for nothing”.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS