Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger Impending nerfs

21 Oct 2016, 15:26 PM

Permanently Banned
Dear systers and brethren,

3 Days ago I fired the game and tried to play a match after a long time. I was playing as the soviet and my teammate was USF. We managed to dominate the match till mid and early late game.

I built my first SU85 and while I was positioning it, I realized it suddenly blew up and catched fire. YES, there was an Sturmtiger far away, hidden in the fog of war. It killed my rather expensive tank with one shot.

Since there has been multiple complaints regarding this units, I am worried that relic may implent some silly overnerfs and render this vehicles useless again, so I am offering my own solutions;

• Reduce the damage to 520; so it won't oneshot expensive tanks anymore
  • Reduce the hitpoints to 640;
  • Reduce the range or lock it behind vet 1; get rewarded for your micro
  • Increase the cost to 240 fuel. Because let's face it, it is much better than the IS2 and AVRE

21 Oct 2016, 15:33 PM

You want to nerf one of the only Axis units that can punish blobs reliably? Lol
21 Oct 2016, 15:34 PM

NO,Nerf the fucking mortar first and leave the ST alone
21 Oct 2016, 15:54 PM

Just because you got fucked in one game by a ST doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed. The ST has a long reload time and nearly every nearly shot you fire with it has to do decent damage or else you aren't getting much from it. It isn't as easy to use as you might think either. The su85 like you had is a good counter to it but it will rarely finish the job if your and opponent is smart and you don't have more support. Usually you will need to flank it and sacrifice a tank or two to kill it but it will be worth it, as buying a new ST without vet will be a liability in the late game with such a long reload.

On your dot points you listed

1. The damage has to be damn good its a sturmtiger, do you want nobody to use this thing?

2. Not sure why a hp nerf is needed, the tank is vulnerable whilst both reloading and firing as it must be stationary. Also its speed is the main weakness you should be exploiting.

3. The range aint even that good.

4. 160 fuel might be tad low but 240 fuel is that a joke? The sturmtiger is not better than the is2 or ISU, they have different roles and excel at different things... btw what drugs you been taking give me some.
21 Oct 2016, 16:18 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2016, 15:54 PMCrumbum
Just because you got fucked in one game by a ST doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed.
:lol: But I am not the only victim.

Usually you will need to flank it and sacrifice a tank or two to kill it but it will be worth it, as buying a new ST without vet will be a liability in the late game with such a long reload.
Vet is completely irrelevant as it won't reach vet 2 or above in most games due to the high XP requirement. So getting a new one is perfectly OK.

1. The damage has to be damn good its a sturmtiger, do you want nobody to use this thing?
Yes it has to be high, but not as high as oneshotting tanks. Not to mention the cheesy "threads removed, luls" crit

2. Not sure why a hp nerf is needed
Because as it is, it can just stand in front of mutiple ATs, wipe its target and reverse back.

It is

4. 160 fuel might be tad low but 240 fuel is that a joke? The sturmtiger is not better than the is2 or ISU, they have different roles and excel at different things... btw what drugs you been taking give me some.
The IS2 doesn't hit anything and the ISU needs too much babysitting and is slower than a turtle
21 Oct 2016, 16:21 PM

So, you lost a game against a Sturm Tiger, and instead of going to the forums to ask for some strategies to help you counter it, you decided to create a thread challenging some nerfs instead?
21 Oct 2016, 16:22 PM

:lol: But I am not the only victim.

Vet is completely irrelevant as it won't reach vet 2 or above in most games due to the high XP requirement. So getting a new one is perfectly OK.

Yes it has to be high, but not as high as oneshotting tanks. Not to mention the cheesy "threads removed, luls" crit

Because as it is, it can just stand in front of mutiple ATs, wipe its target and reverse back.

It is

The IS2 doesn't hit anything and the ISU needs too much babysitting and is slower than a turtle
fanboy not happy about 70% win rate still want more (btw i dont see the avre nerf too why ?"bb-bb-but avre has less range and damage" still reload faster and more total defense )
21 Oct 2016, 16:24 PM

Permanently Banned
fanboy not happy about 70% win rate still want more (btw i dont see the avre nerf too why ?"bb-bb-but avre has less range and damage" still reload faster and more total defense )

You didn't get the point. One shotting mediums is wrong, even if the SturmTiger costed 1500 fuel.
21 Oct 2016, 16:27 PM

If the Sturmtiger got your SU85, you have been clearly outplayed. Don't blame balance, blame the the person sitting behind the screen. (aka YOU if you did not get that)
21 Oct 2016, 16:37 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

The bait quality, its just so low.
21 Oct 2016, 16:38 PM

You didn't get the point. One shotting mediums is wrong, even if the SturmTiger costed 1500 fuel.
that can be okay but why make it cost 240 fuel too and nerfing his hp ? there is no reson to do it
21 Oct 2016, 19:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2016, 16:37 PMTric
The bait quality, its just so low.

Although there's some redeeming point.

Been able to shoot out of FoW, 0 chance to bounce on targets, ±50% increased lethal AoE and having criticals is a world of difference. Been on an arguably weak commander is it's problem, not the unit itself.

The list of nerfs he mentions is over the top. I would improve the commander (specially the panzer commander ability) and slightly nerf the ST on damage and removal/tweak of criticals.

-Nerf damage from 640 to 560, still 1 shotting lesser tanks such as M10
-Either always stunned or replacing main gun destroyed and immobilize with turret lock/jam/temporary main gun disabled/engine damage.
21 Oct 2016, 20:23 PM

While I get people want to do some reverse trolling here, if we look past the heavy opinion (which isn't that hard) there are legitimate points that have answers.

Should there be a vehicle that can function like a veritable vehicle sniper?

The unturreted nature of the ST (and Elefant) is what lends so much to their lethality. It's a huge strategic implication for the unit that can be heavily exploited by pretty much any turreted vehicle.
22 Oct 2016, 08:25 AM

Permanently Banned
Need nerf damage and crits, and maybe range, i can undastand logic, so when b4 do wipe with 100 ammo its OP, when ST do it for free its balanced OpieOP, both thing shoot from fog of war.
22 Oct 2016, 08:36 AM

This thread.

I lold.
22 Oct 2016, 09:49 AM

Since as you have admitted you are new to the current patch why don't you try to play all faction first before making balance suggestions?

You will have a better picture of the current balance state...
22 Oct 2016, 14:44 PM

L2P!
expensive su85? LUL im about to cry out of laughter!
do you even know much the king tiger is?
22 Oct 2016, 14:46 PM

Just because you got fucked in one game by a ST doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed. The ST has a long reload time and nearly every nearly shot you fire with it has to do decent damage or else you aren't getting much from it. It isn't as easy to use as you might think either. The su85 like you had is a good counter to it but it will rarely finish the job if your and opponent is smart and you don't have more support. Usually you will need to flank it and sacrifice a tank or two to kill it but it will be worth it, as buying a new ST without vet will be a liability in the late game with such a long reload.

On your dot points you listed

2. Not sure why a hp nerf is needed, the tank is vulnerable whilst both reloading and firing as it must be stationary. Also its speed is the main weakness you should be exploiting.

he must be on sands or smth LOL u forgot to ask him if if knows how much Kt costs KEK
22 Oct 2016, 16:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

L2P!
expensive su85? LUL im about to cry out of laughter!
do you even know much the king tiger is?

KT =/= ST

ST is one of the units which got most benefits after OKW got 100% fuel income as it's price hasn't been changed.

For comparison:
560mp/160f (call in) vs 350mp/130f (tech)

If the Sturmtiger got your SU85, you have been clearly outplayed. Don't blame balance, blame the the person sitting behind the screen. (aka YOU if you did not get that)

TBH i can see that happening. If he has focus sight activated, he can't escape from a frontal push. If not, he could as well be hit through FoW or behind shot blockers. Do not get one on something like Vaux Farmlands or Moscow Outskirts, but on Trois Point or Ettelbruck it can be really annoying. The weakness of the ST is not the unit itself, rather than the commander.
22 Oct 2016, 16:58 PM

This thread.

I lold.

This community. Solid contribution. It makes zero sense that the STs cost wasn't adjusted back when the rest of the OKWs late game roster was. Other than that I think the unit is fine, but its far too common in team games, which I think shows its cost is a bit low.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★