Login

russian armor

USF Mortar Fix Idea

11 Oct 2016, 18:48 PM

I've been thinking about lately how to fix the insanely good USF mortar and i found out that it's the same mortar as OST one except vet 1 gives %20 less scatter, so how about the idea of giving the mortar WP for vet 1 just like in Ardennes Assault campaign...

What do you guys think about the idea?
11 Oct 2016, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2016, 18:48 PMEarth
I've been thinking about lately how to fix the insanely good USF mortar and i found out that it's the same mortar as OST one except vet 1 gives %20 less scatter, so how about the idea of giving the mortar WP for vet 1 just like in Ardennes Assault campaign...

Well it´s not really the same mortar. It also fires faster and has a faster setup and pack up time whilst having better accuracy and less scatter at vet 0 than the OST mortar. Your idea, however, is a good one!
11 Oct 2016, 20:13 PM

We don't need any ideas. We need mortar which actually tested in the preview.
11 Oct 2016, 21:07 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I still think it needs to be unique and not an 81mm clone so it doesn't overwrite the pack howitzer and actually fits the USF's concept.

M1 81mm Mortar
Changed the damage profile and stats to make the mortar closer to a light weapon meant to support and keep up with riflemen and other units while not overlapping with heavier indirect-fire units like the Pack Howitzer.

-AOE from 1/0.5/0.25 to 1/0.4/0.15
-AOE distance from 1/2/3 to 0.5/1.5/3
-Cost from 260 to 240.
-0.75 Windown from 2.
-Can interrupt set-up time.
-Veterancy 1 changed to WP Rounds.
-Angle scatter to 7 and scatter max to 7. Barrage scatter max to 5.
-Auto-fire reload from 4 to 2.8
-Minimum range to 20, maximum range to 65 for auto-fire and non-vetted barrage.

It might seem better for a few minor changes, but it no longer nukes weapon teams like other mortars and it's easier to attack, yet it is also easier to get away and reposition on the field. Pretty sure I also reduced the pack-up time.
11 Oct 2016, 21:09 PM

Remove mortar, reduce the cost of teching and using grenades, that's what needs to happen.
11 Oct 2016, 22:01 PM
Patrion 27

I would much rather the Mortar be removed and simply reduce the upgrade cost of grenades from 25 fuel to 15.
12 Oct 2016, 03:37 AM

I know everyone's got their 2 cents on what should have been, mine is that REs should have been able to upgrade to a grenade launcher to act like a mini-mortar when standing still to make both units useful.

But that isn't happening, so just replace the turbo-mortar with the one everyone tested and agreed wasn't batshit insane.
12 Oct 2016, 08:23 AM

Remove mortar or put it in captain tier (and remove pack howy) and put 50cal in T0.

On another topic, give RE mines (i would be happy if it was at least the doctrinal ones)'
In general, give RE a role in this game.
12 Oct 2016, 08:49 AM

Remove mortar or put it in captain tier (and remove pack howy) and put 50cal in T0.

On another topic, give RE mines (i would be happy if it was at least the doctrinal ones)'
In general, give RE a role in this game.

The. 50 in T0 would be too OP and too much to handle for the Axis, I'd rather we had the. 30 cal in, just needs animations.

Also put MG34 in T0.
12 Oct 2016, 09:53 AM

Just use soviet mortar stats. It's already well tested and most likely to be balanced. Just give it decreased set-up times to make up for not having a 6 man crew.

That seems like the easiest option to me.
12 Oct 2016, 09:57 AM

I still think it needs to be unique and not an 81mm clone so it doesn't overwrite the pack howitzer and actually fits the USF's concept.

M1 81mm Mortar
Changed the damage profile and stats to make the mortar closer to a light weapon meant to support and keep up with riflemen and other units while not overlapping with heavier indirect-fire units like the Pack Howitzer.

-AOE from 1/0.5/0.25 to 1/0.4/0.15
-AOE distance from 1/2/3 to 0.5/1.5/3
-Cost from 260 to 240.
-0.75 Windown from 2.
-Can interrupt set-up time.
-Veterancy 1 changed to WP Rounds.
-Angle scatter to 7 and scatter max to 7. Barrage scatter max to 5.
-Auto-fire reload from 4 to 2.8
-Minimum range to 20, maximum range to 65 for auto-fire and non-vetted barrage.

It might seem better for a few minor changes, but it no longer nukes weapon teams like other mortars and it's easier to attack, yet it is also easier to get away and reposition on the field. Pretty sure I also reduced the pack-up time.
this and make pack howy cost 340 and shoot more shells x barrage
12 Oct 2016, 11:20 AM

The. 50 in T0 would be too OP and too much to handle for the Axis, I'd rather we had the. 30 cal in, just needs animations.

Also put MG34 in T0.

Or this, no problem. But the mortar must go away in some way. USF opening never needed a mortar, it needs something else. RE with flame-thrower maybe ( #giveREarole )
12 Oct 2016, 17:21 PM

Or this, no problem. But the mortar must go away in some way. USF opening never needed a mortar, it needs something else. RE with flame-thrower maybe ( #giveREarole )

I do agree that they didn't need a mortar, but they did need more options for their start, again, rifle rifle rifle was quite boring, and needed some more effective direct fire, the pack howitzer was and still is shit, it's fragile and it's just complete shit, it's a heavier mortar basically that requires 3 crew members to operate instead of 2, which die really easy to enemy fire and isn't even as effective as a normal mortar.

So I'd go with either a .30 cal in T0 with the pack howitzer staying as it is and the Mortar going in T1 or something like that, or, remove the pack howitzer, and just copy paste the American Weapons depot from CoH, all support weapons go to T1 (Lt's building), meaning you would get your heavy weapons like your .30 cal, indirect fire, that being the mortar or buffed up howitzer and AT gun from that building, light vehicles from T2 (Captain's building), it taking the role of the Motor Pool from CoH and finally you'd get your heavy hitters from the final T3 Major Building.

I'd also opt out for Combat Engineers to replace RE but that's another question I think.

But it would certainly better fit them as reservist Ostrruppen sort of unit that fights better in cover or when in buildings with their grenade launchers that can also repair instead of what they are right now if you ask me.
12 Oct 2016, 18:58 PM

I like both OP's suggestion and Miragefla's version of the mortar. Mostly just because I like using White Phosphorus in general - I think the game is better off with abilities that require some micro but can pay off pretty big when used correctly.

The improved scatter bonus really needs to go... it just makes zero sense why USF gets the laser guided mortar rounds against the more static/support weapon dependent OST.
13 Oct 2016, 13:39 PM

swap mortar and riflemen Doctrine RE CP0 flametrower.
So USF get flamethrower to clean building and flanking support weapon and Riflemen Doctrine get a super CP0 mortar, you can even make it CP1 or CP2 to delay it.
13 Oct 2016, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2016, 13:39 PMEsxile
swap mortar and riflemen Doctrine RE CP0 flametrower.
So USF get flamethrower to clean building and flanking support weapon and Riflemen Doctrine get a super CP0 mortar, you can even make it CP1 or CP2 to delay it.

I miss Flamer Riflemen...
14 Oct 2016, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2016, 18:48 PMEarth

Do you want to add one more reason to trash Infantry Company Commander (The one with mortar halftrack and Priest)?
Just remove the mortar, give US WC51 non-doctrinal and add Pershing to Mechanized Company Commander. That is the best idea I met so far.
14 Oct 2016, 21:22 PM

Fixing it won't change a thing. The faction should not have a mortar, unless we give ostheer 12 man grenadiers and 8 man MG42s
15 Oct 2016, 03:45 AM

Why even discuss it. Relic will keep sh*tting down your throats with untested changes. The people they have left don't even understand the game they created. They just throw darts at the wall and make it look to Sega heads they are actually doing something.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★