Login

russian armor

Raketenwerfer is awful

4 Aug 2016, 18:04 PM

Not shooting most of the time or missing most of the time seems to be not much of a problem for most people like this topic shows, I guess just don't play OKW for now until Relic stop taking advice from such people and actually fix the damn game.
4 Aug 2016, 20:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

this unit is win button if you steal it. I was asking about how to counter it. Basicaly only ISU imo

I'm confused.
4 Aug 2016, 23:29 PM

The stats are fine when you consider the tier of the unit and its other capabilities. The problem is the unit's inconsistency, sometimes it doesn't fire when it should and the shots often clip the ground. I'm ok with terrain blocking shots but when it only affects some weapons that's not so good.
5 Aug 2016, 00:11 AM

your doing it wrong dummy
5 Aug 2016, 01:26 AM

The Rakatenwerfer needs three things.

1.Vehicle Priority - Allow this to work in buildings.

2.The Camouflage ability adds a target priority modifier (Crew Members Hold Fire). Vehicle Priority adds a target priority modifier as well (vs vehicles). When both abilities are active it causes the priority skills to cycle every second or so. The result of that is sometimes the Raketenwerfer does not fire while or takes too long to fire while in Camouflage. To fix that they should remove the target priority from the Camouflage ability and remove the weapons from the crew or make the range extremely short so that they dont fire on anything from far while in a camo state.

3. Aim time should be changed from 0.375 to 0.125 to match all other AT guns in the game. In addition post aim fire time should be changed from 2 to 1 to match all other AT guns and allow the unit to feel more responsive.
5 Aug 2016, 05:12 AM

I've lost more Raketens due to the crew having to make a U-turn to retreat than anything else. It is especially painful with death loops. I rather have a reverse command than a retreat command.

Agree, wheelplatformed weapons are painful to use. Maxims also suffer very hard because of it.
5 Aug 2016, 08:23 AM

Yes the three times longer aim time compared with other at guns is ridiculous. It is not uncommon for a tank to drive into the raketen, completely decrew it and stroll away again and the raketen has still not fired. If it does it shoots into the ground perhaps 1 in every 4 shots.

Yes yes, I know what katitof will say, that it has special snowflake features like camo and retreat and garrison. Camo is nice for sure, but garrison is only needed because you don't get green cover for the crew like with other at guns. Then the retreat, as someone mentioned, is actually less functionally useful than a reverse gear. In fact it is often the only way to save the raketen from fire and involves completely vacating the field of hard AT for a long time while an enemy tank goes to town. As a Brit player also, I laugh at raketens.
5 Aug 2016, 08:59 AM
Donator 11

Rappy: and it also has less range!

But seriously, it's also cheaper, camo is extremely nice (if it works), and garrison is one hell of a feature.

Retreat can be rather nice if you got the apm for macro poking. It's not just the retreat itself, but also the easy ability to refresh your squad, and even make use of forward retreat points.

The bugs are the problem, and it's weird "bring in line" design.
IMHO: reduce aim-time, maybe increase mobility a little, with a slight damage reduction, and people could actually use it as some mobile rocket squad.
5 Aug 2016, 09:38 AM

The Raketenwerfer seems to be one of those units that is both extremely annoying to use, and extremely annoying to counter. Any further buffs to the Raketenwerfer, and the Vet1 needs to go bye-bye. Otherwise, this unit is going to become complete cancer to counter.

For those of you not in-the-know, the Vet1 bonus allows the Raketenwerfer to move at full speed, even when stealthed. This means that there is no longer any cost associated with the opportunity of using stealth.

Having just compared the raketenwerfer to the pak40:
- The Raketenwerfer has a pretty big setup time, at 0.75 (vs 0). Thus, if you want to make the Raketenwerfer responsive, always set up manually.

The setup time will pretty much guarantee that you will never be able to reface your raketen and fire in-time.

Otherwise, I don't know what's killing Raketenwerfer's responsiveness:
- The Raketenwerfer has slightly bigger ready aim-time (variable between 0.125 - 0.25). This only affects the first shot
- ... but has lower wind-up time, by 0.25 (constant)

The two add up and, in theory, the Raketenwerfer should have an advantage there. So, there must be some other value that's messing things up (definitely setup time, but not the aim time).

Finally, note that the Raketenwerfer has:
- Smaller range (50 vs 60)
- Bigger arc of fire (70 vs 60)
- Is a better AT gun than Zis / USF at guns (higher penetration than both at all ranges, and faster reload cycle than the zis)
- Is the cheapest AT gun in the game.

2.The Camouflage ability adds a target priority modifier (Crew Members Hold Fire). Vehicle Priority adds a target priority modifier as well (vs vehicles). When both abilities are active it causes the priority skills to cycle every second or so. The result of that is sometimes the Raketenwerfer does not fire while or takes too long to fire while in Camouflage. To fix that they should remove the target priority from the Camouflage ability and remove the weapons from the crew or make the range extremely short so that they dont fire on anything from far while in a camo state.

Are you positively sure about that stacking priority skills will cause the unit to lag? I am genuinely curious to know.

I was implementing a prioritize vehicle function that would allow vehicle MGs to function normally, and I had to literally stack about 10-15 priority commands; I didn't notice a drop in performance.
5 Aug 2016, 10:13 AM

Gotta replace it with PaK38.
5 Aug 2016, 11:51 AM

You know what is trully awful? the M42 AT gun.
5 Aug 2016, 11:56 AM

Raketen is still a garbage imo...

Retreat, cloak and garrison abilities are great, but worth nothing if you cant carry out a f*ckin kill with it.

I would rather lock it behind teching and increase its price to 300 or 320, just to be f*ckin reliable.

OKW is a crippled faction. Soviets are raping them on every level. Partially because of these garbage tools. An AT gun needs to deal with tanks, not run home crying...
5 Aug 2016, 12:04 PM

The aiming time is what makes it so bad. It needs about 2 seconds to shoot a rocket and every vehicle will then drive behind it and kill it in little to no time.
Phy
5 Aug 2016, 13:24 PM

1. Die so easily to tank shots -even on retreat-
2. It usually hits the ground
3. It takes ages to shot
4. It's buggy sometimes

For reasons 1-4 it's worst non-doc at of game.
5 Aug 2016, 13:29 PM

You know what is trully awful? the M42 AT gun.

Just give it the raketens retreat, garrison and maybe even camo and problem will be solved.
5 Aug 2016, 13:38 PM
Strategist Badge

if any buffs go the raketens way it needs to have its camo removed or severely nerfed
5 Aug 2016, 13:39 PM

Tbh I've never liked the raketen concept. It has so many gimmicks when all we need is a Pak40. So imo they should just replace it with the wehr Pak40 locked behind getting the first truck set up.
5 Aug 2016, 14:20 PM

Just give it the raketens retreat, garrison, pupchen penetration, puchen arc of fire, fast reload cycle of the pupchen, and maybe even camo and problem will be solved.

fixed for you.

Not even talking about garrison capabilities of the pupchen...

Tbh I've never liked the raketen concept. It has so many gimmicks when all we need is a Pak40. So imo they should just replace it with the wehr Pak40 locked behind getting the first truck set up.

I like this one.
5 Aug 2016, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2016, 14:20 PMFul4n0

fixed for you.

Not even talking about garrison capabilities of the pupchen...

I like this one.

You just mentioned it's garrison capabilities in your quote <444>_<444>
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
unknown 6
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L