Login

russian armor

Pak 43

9 Jul 2016, 05:19 AM

Before I get this bumplocked by a mod I will say this:

Yes I know you could use IL-2 strikes, ToT artillery, satchel charges etc

My concern is that the ability of pak 43 being able to fire from behind buildings does not fit any coherence of logic. The 18-pounder cannot do this. Also it being behind buildings covers it from artillery, which should be its counter. The 18-pdr can brace, but is susceptible to artillery nonetheless.

Why is it my critique and re-review of a game mechanism got my previous thread bumplocked with the smug tagline of ''working as intended''. IS this such a sacred cow that discussion is forbidden?
9 Jul 2016, 05:23 AM

Dude... PaK 43 must be able to shot through buildings, understand it pls.

It dies very easy, costs a lot. Without it - it won't be worth building and getting at all.

17 pounder can't shot through buildings, because it is way more survivable, so it can be placed at underfire positions and used in that way. If 17 pounder would be able to shot through building it would be OP as hell. And it actually can, with ability, If I remember right...

Anyway, I remember also times, when Elephants and Jagdtigers could shot through buldings. That was really OP, so good that it was fixed.
9 Jul 2016, 05:24 AM

Revise the wording of the original post and it should be good to go. Just talk about the concerns of the Pak43.
9 Jul 2016, 05:28 AM

the pak43 itself is very fragile. One sighted major or tommies artillery will kill the gun piece itself.

if you're soviet you have the katyusha
9 Jul 2016, 05:44 AM
Developer Relic Badge

If the Pak 43 can't fire through buildings, then it better have brace, 4 times the amount of HP and be non-decrewable with +10 range given that thing costs an arm and a leg worth of manpower, doctrinal, immobile, dedicated to one role, and will be fired on by every source of indirect fire or simply outflanked.

Yes I'm being sarcastic, but the piercing is the only way that thing is even semi decent.
9 Jul 2016, 05:56 AM

Idk if this is about how "unrealistic" it is for something to be able to take aim behind a whole building and land shots accurately, or some scrub post about not being able to counter an immobile team weapon.

If this about the former, then yes it is kinda funny that way, but this is supposed to be a "realistic" game where Russians fight alongside British forces in the Ardennes, sooo.. :thumb: :hansGG:

But if this about the latter. then l2p. lol.
9 Jul 2016, 07:04 AM

If the Pak 43 can't fire through buildings, then it better have brace, 4 times the amount of HP and be non-decrewable with +10 range given that thing costs an arm and a leg worth of manpower, doctrinal, immobile, dedicated to one role, and will be fired on by every source of indirect fire or simply outflanked.

Yes I'm being sarcastic, but the piercing is the only way that thing is even semi decent.

And 20 pop + 70 fuel. What you pay is what you get.
nee
9 Jul 2016, 07:42 AM

My concern is that the ability of pak 43 being able to fire from behind buildings does not fit any coherence of logic. The 18-pounder cannot do this. Also it being behind buildings covers it from artillery, which should be its counter. The 18-pdr can brace, but is susceptible to artillery nonetheless.

The logic is balance. Others have stated the reason.

The 17-pounder has self spotting by virtue of flares, can be garrisoned, can brace, is non-doctrinal, and has bofors + mortars to work together.

And it's not like the PaK43 being able to shoot through some (not all) game geometry is far compensation either, because it's not. If it's placed behind a bunker or an OKW truck, it will damage that instead of the intended target. So even the shoot through buildings thing is sometimes a liability.

It only really shines in maps like Ettelbruck, where heavy urban settings means it works way better than 17-pounder in comparison. But then again, UKF can just mortar pit spam instead.
9 Jul 2016, 07:48 AM

What are talking about?

I thought a Sniper would be the best counter for any PAK and twice cheaper and more usefull after that.
9 Jul 2016, 09:02 AM

Before I get this bumplocked by a mod I will say this:

Yes I know you could use IL-2 strikes, ToT artillery, satchel charges etc

Why is it my critique and re-review of a game mechanism got my previous thread bumplocked with the smug tagline of ''working as intended''. IS this such a sacred cow that discussion is forbidden?

Pak 43 is the most useless and dead thing in the game....

Every faction has multiple ways of taking it out... the Pak 43 gets maybe 1 or 2 shots, (the surprise shots when the enemy doesn't know its built). After that its dead, so if in them 2 shots it doesn't score a kill its a waste of resources.

Id rather the pak 43 be buffed to be similar to the UK AT emplacement with the brace ability. (obviously with a fuel cost added too).
9 Jul 2016, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2016, 09:02 AMCorsin

Id rather the pak 43 be buffed to be similar to the UK AT emplacement with the brace ability. (obviously with a fuel cost added too).

Don't miss it should have no crew either so it cant be mortarted, sniped or flamed or frontal infantry push
9 Jul 2016, 09:22 AM

Don't miss it should have no crew either so it cant be mortarted, sniped or flamed or frontal infantry push

Well obviously :)
9 Jul 2016, 09:48 AM

This
9 Jul 2016, 10:16 AM

Remember the part were you can find your enemy using it
9 Jul 2016, 13:39 PM

Complaints about pak43?:lolol::sealed:
Cant remember the last time i saw this unit.
9 Jul 2016, 13:56 PM

:loco:So everything that is axis must be nerfed?
9 Jul 2016, 14:07 PM

British 17 Pounder:

Pros:

- Invincible crew; cannot be taken by the enemy
- About 3-4 times the HP of the PaK43
- Doesn't need a specific commander
- Can Brace
- Has more range than the PaK43
- Can be covered by a mortar pit

Cons:

- Costs 70 fuel

PaK43

Pros:

- Can shoot through buildings
- Doesn't cost Fuel

Cons:

- Countered by any artillery immideatly
- Costs 600MP
- Very little HP
- Only available in some commanders
- No brace or anything

TBH I would take a 17pounder over a PaK43 anytime.
9 Jul 2016, 14:52 PM

Balanced or not, Pak shooting through building stay ugly and unrealistic. And don't tell that "ukf and sov on same front blabla" I TALK ABOUT PHYSIC. Same for teleguided panzerfaust and rpg. :snfPeter:
9 Jul 2016, 15:25 PM

Balanced or not, Pak shooting through building stay ugly and unrealistic. And don't tell that "ukf and sov on same front blabla" I TALK ABOUT PHYSIC. Same for teleguided panzerfaust and rpg. :snfPeter:
well for physics the tank should always pen at the distance we have in the game and always physic if you explode something near you squad they should take same damage as the enemy
Btw did you see dat at nade curve in mid air and doing 500 meters to hit dat tank and hit dat engine ?
Or how ptrs slow and blind a tank ?
And 17 pounder can shoot through the wall too or why the Cromwell is a Ferrari ?
9 Jul 2016, 15:36 PM

well for physics the tank should always pen at the distance we have in the game and always physic if you explode something near you squad they should take same damage as the enemy
Btw did you see dat at nade curve in mid air and doing 500 meters to hit dat tank and hit dat engine ? Its what i said about rpg nade but maybe you have to read again
Or how ptrs slow and blind a tank ? game mechanic, irrelevant
And 17 pounder can shoot through the wall a wall -_-too or why the Cromwell is a Ferrari Because Cromwell WAS a ferrari ?:foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★