Login

russian armor

Pak 43

11 Jul 2016, 14:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2016, 03:45 AMJaedrik

"Pak shooting through building stay ugly and unrealistic"
Implying PaK's mechanic should change because it's unrealistic.
"'Or how ptrs slow and blind a tank ?' game mechanic, irrelevant"
Implying unrealistic thing shouldn't change because it's a game mechanic.

The principle that any one thing should be chanced for the sake of realism cannot be kept unless one is willing to go all the way and be 100% consistent about it in all areas.

Unless I'm reading his first post wrong. Hmm.

My apologies, I meant the mod.
11 Jul 2016, 14:56 PM

Why exactly is it unrealistic that the pak can shoot through buildings and how the fuck is that related to balance
11 Jul 2016, 16:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2016, 14:13 PMVuther

My apologies, I meant the mod.

Oh. How is it?
It's great! Ranges are realistic: rifles shoot out to 300 meters before the soldiers decide they shouldn't try, SMGs to 100, AR / carbine 200, etc. Cannons fire cross map, and have accurate penetration and explosive qualities where applicable. Small arms are a little too accurate for real life soldiers, IMO. Vehicle combat is based on crits, like real life ish. It's as close as we can get.
Er, there's balance issues that need ironing out. However, he refuses to do it through compromising realism, and I think that's a good thing. Instead, he's balancing everything around cost: all weapons (including the infantry's base stuff, the cannons and MGs on the tanks) cost munitions, and all things that take fuel IRL cost fuel. Oh, and there're bugs. Heh.
Funnily enough, he removed the ability for stuff to shoot through walls. Hah. Still can't fix small arms shooting through the floors, though, because Relic. Also they're not actual ballistics. Anyways, it leads to some silly map stuff. It has to be a good flat map or a bowl or a great urban map / clearly delineated close quarters combat.
11 Jul 2016, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2016, 14:56 PMDomine
Why exactly is it unrealistic that the pak can shoot through buildings and how the fuck is that related to balance

HOW CAN YOU AIM THROUGH A BUILDING ??? WHATEVER, NO DEVIATION ? :snfPeter::snfPeter::romeoHype:
11 Jul 2016, 17:36 PM

HOW CAN YOU AIM THROUGH A BUILDING ??? WHATEVER, NO DEVIATION ? :snfPeter::snfPeter::romeoHype:

Idk how you can aim through a building, that's not the question or the point. Why shift the goalpost? Besides, it happened during the war, why can it not happen in the game.
11 Jul 2016, 19:19 PM

rofl, anyone who would take the 17lber over the pak43 has eaten one too many crayons

pak43 needs to not be destroyed by offmap arty, so the 600mp investment isn't deleted with 1 click of the mouse. Same with howitzers.

17lber is so bad I don't even know where to begin.
11 Jul 2016, 22:27 PM

TIL Pak43 shoots thru buildings
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight