Login

russian armor

KT, Why?

3 Jul 2016, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 19:37 PMLatch
All these try playing as OKW posts, why, so when my HQ gets destroyed I can be the one to stall for KT???

Let me show you to my OP where I state, or am I missing something. AKA, tell me.

seriously tho, play okw for once atleast
3 Jul 2016, 22:45 PM

Panther and JP IV are widely considered garbage. The only disadvantage could be the lack of Obers or a small timegape where the Panzer IV does not appear.

I feel like you are living in a bizarro Coh2 where the Panzer 4 is good and the "Panther and JP IV are widely considered garbage."

Last Time I checked Panther is the go to choice for your 1st tank and JP4's is good and its vet is godly.

4 Jul 2016, 08:25 AM

If you dont wanna deal with a King Tiger, dont destroy the Panzer Schwerer then

:clap:
4 Jul 2016, 08:40 AM

If an OKW player, with OKW being in its current state, makes it to a KT, you have done something very wrong lol.

If you can't field KT as OKW player with OKW current state, YOU do something terribly wrong, like forgetting how to micro or getting base locked despite having more units on the field.
4 Jul 2016, 08:51 AM

I feel like you are living in a bizarro Coh2 where the Panzer 4 is good and the "Panther and JP IV are widely considered garbage."

Last Time I checked Panther is the go to choice for your 1st tank and JP4's is good and its vet is godly.

No, the Panzer IV is generally the go to tank as the JP IV and the Panther can't deal with infantry.
4 Jul 2016, 09:13 AM

No, the Panzer IV is generally the go to tank as the JP IV and the Panther can't deal with infantry.

+1
Panther is garbage and the JP IV is a panic tank destroyer.
4 Jul 2016, 09:16 AM

+1
Panther is garbage and the JP IV is a panic tank destroyer.

Panther is indeed underwhelming, but the JP is a monster.

And in 2v2 or higher its outright retarded when paired with the command panther, that thing has more lolalpha than a JT when vetted 5 vs a marked enemy, and if you have the speed bulletins plus the aura of CPther plus its vet speed bonuses, its unstoppable.

The jagdpanzer is the only tank that spells OBERkommando when it vets lol.
4 Jul 2016, 09:31 AM

Nope, I always go for the Panzer IV first. Watch replays with OKW (Propagandacast etc.) and most players also go for the Panzer IV because of the good utility and awesome performance with veterancy, especially versus infantry. I don´t know what level you play at but I´m ranked somewhere in the top 30 and the Panzer IV saved me multiple times while the Panther is a burden.
4 Jul 2016, 09:50 AM

Nope, I always go for the Panzer IV first. Watch replays with OKW (Propagandacast etc.) and most players also go for the Panzer IV because of the good utility and awesome performance with veterancy, especially versus infantry. I don´t know what level you play at but I´m ranked somewhere in the top 30 and the Panzer IV saved me multiple times while the Panther is a burden.

I just love okw's p4 scaling more than anything else, if microed intensely and with elite armor, it becomes a loltank at vet5, literally dueling unvetted heavies turning them into scrap if unsupported.
4 Jul 2016, 10:13 AM

As was said in the OP once the flak truck goes down that often means a KT, which gives the allied player ample opportunity to capitalise on the lack of enemy tanks to gain map control, then prepare for KT if that doesn't work. Without any t4 units all OKW can do for AT is spam pupchens or spend more fuel on a puma.

So it is a complete non-issue in 1v1. Even in larger games it's not a big deal, KT is easy to counter these days - mediums/infantry can readily pen the rear while SU-85, Jackson and Firefly all had buffs. If you are still struggling I suggest you give the new SU-85 a go, it now reliably penetrates even at max range.
4 Jul 2016, 10:28 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I'm in support of trucks being rebuilt at reduced cost and requiring all of them to build the king tiger.
4 Jul 2016, 10:58 AM

If you can't field KT as OKW player with OKW current state, YOU do something terribly wrong, like forgetting how to micro or getting base locked despite having more units on the field.

Just stop it man. You aren´t convicing anyone.
4 Jul 2016, 11:07 AM

OP has a point though. The moment you destroy the Schwerer HQ you can count on the opponent to field a KT rather than rebuild it for 120 fuel and field a Panzer IV for 150 fuel = 270 fuel... that´s pretty much the cost of the KT.

Thus you haven´t done much damage to the OKW player when destroying the HQ.

I think Butcher has caught the gist of the thing here.

There are two minor nuisances at play here, that conspire together to create an annoying situation.

(Assume that teching costs are equal among all factions), the truck feature of OKW presents them with a risk-reward thing for their T4:
- They get a flak emplacement mounted on the truck, for free.
- .. but, if they lose the flak emplacement, they can't summon armour/elite infantry

Depending on how often you manage to lose your first T4, you either massively benefit from that feature (free lockdown on your cutoff), or you are royally screwed by it.

However, the KT, and the call-ins available to many OKW commanders all conspire to completely negate the risk part of this risk-reward:
- I opportunistically lock down some territory, and start production as usual
- If my opponent takes down my free flak emplacement, I opt-in to one of the call-in commanders; I'm saved.

Basically, the best solution I can think of is along the lines of:
I'm in support of trucks being rebuilt at reduced cost and requiring all of them to build the king tiger.

I'd tweak the T4 as follows:
- First T4 costs as much as it currently costs
- In order to unlock the Flak emplacement feature, you pay ~300MP/70FU on top of that
- If you lose your T4, you can replace your T4 for free (you only pay for the sWs truck cost)
- Each time you want to reenable the flak cannon, you have to pay the same premium (300MP/70FU)
- (flak cannon gets attack ground)

Although this didn't present an issue before, the MedHQ pricing is also inconsistent (to OKW's detriment, though). It would be nice if it was tweaked in a similar way:
- MedHQ costs nothing to deploy (except for summoning the truck), and you get access to healing from the get-go
- To unlock reinforcement point/T1 units you pay a premium (equal to the cost of the current T1 + healing unlock)

(to get credit for the KT, you obviously need to have researched the MedHQ upgrade)

If we change the OKW truck system to work like this, I don't think it will matter to anybody, any more, whether the KT requires all trucks up to be set up or not.
4 Jul 2016, 11:17 AM

Just stop it man. You aren´t convicing anyone.

You think you are? :sibHyena:
4 Jul 2016, 11:21 AM

People will complain about anything these days. KT is fine.
4 Jul 2016, 11:29 AM

People will complain about anything these days. KT is fine.

KT is, mechanism to get it not. All trucks should be alive to be able to call it.
4 Jul 2016, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 14:57 PMd0ggY

+10

If you don't play it don't whine about it :O

Coming from Skrublord, I agree with D0ggy. Play axis and come back to this thread.
4 Jul 2016, 11:44 AM

By giving the changes from competitive mode by Miragefla to t4 which makes it cheaper but need upgrades to get flak and allow to build the tanks, it could make the sense but we can't to that with current state
4 Jul 2016, 12:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Latch..what you're missing is that you never really play OKW and probably haven't this patch especially and don't understand the big picture here, you're only looking at it from a British Pov.

Speaking of which I have no idea Why you don't laugh hysterically at an OKW player going KT while playing as Brits?

cant you not just zap it with a firefly...? Piat sappers with 6pdrs? Wipe his whole MP based army with a mattress while he stalls? strafing support? Brits aren't lacking in ways to rape a KT or the player stalling for it.. that's for sure

In addition to the problems OKW face by losing tech structures in the first place(no medics, no repairs, no area denial
This "nerf" is completely unnecessary. And the description of the requirements to field a KT are "build 3 structures" not, have all 3 built and standing, which would be unbelievably unforgiving. And for what reason??
4 Jul 2016, 12:39 PM

You think you are? :sibHyena:

Thanks for agreeing :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment