Login

russian armor

KT, Why?

1 Aug 2016, 00:30 AM

Well, by looking at stats, yeah the KT is not just an AI vehicle.

But functionally, you know, from game experience it serves heavily in its AI role. Or rather, I should say it is most effectively used in an AI role for all practical purposes.

A single t34/76 can kill a KT without taking damage if there's the room for it to circle strafe. I've (mostly) done it before. (Baited it onto a mine first.) For that reason the KT doesn't exactly excel in an AT role, which you wouldn't really be able to surmise just from its stats.
1 Aug 2016, 02:58 AM

But functionally, you know, from game experience it serves heavily in its AI role. Or rather, I should say it is most effectively used in an AI role for all practical purposes.

A single t34/76 can kill a KT without taking damage if there's the room for it to circle strafe. I've (mostly) done it before. (Baited it onto a mine first.) For that reason the KT doesn't exactly excel in an AT role, which you wouldn't really be able to surmise just from its stats.

+1 Thats exactly what I was talking about and its an example of how sometimes you cant judge a unit solely on its stats.
1 Aug 2016, 08:32 AM

KT is cost effective only at vet 3 with spear head so I would just suggest to reduce vet 3 requirements
1 Aug 2016, 10:00 AM

Its like saying su 85 does not excell in AT role cause a 222 can solo it.

Losing a KT to a t34-76 is like a darwin award 100% :P
1 Aug 2016, 11:42 AM

Its like saying su 85 does not excell in AT role cause a 222 can solo it.

Losing a KT to a t34-76 is like a darwin award 100% :P

To be fair it was only possible due to the mine.

But thas the thing though, the su85, like the stug and jo4 have that critical unturreted weakness. The stug gets away with it at vet 1 because of its ability, but the point is those unturreted tank destroyers don't excel at killing tanks like say a Jackson firefly or panther.

But the su85 can self spot which really helps. But anyway I find that the kt, like the su85 is best used defensively because of their inability to chase anything down or rotate without compromising itself or its position.

1 Aug 2016, 14:10 PM

To be fair it was only possible due to the mine.

But thas the thing though, the su85, like the stug and jo4 have that critical unturreted weakness. The stug gets away with it at vet 1 because of its ability, but the point is those unturreted tank destroyers don't excel at killing tanks like say a Jackson firefly or panther.

But the su85 can self spot which really helps. But anyway I find that the kt, like the su85 is best used defensively because of their inability to chase anything down or rotate without compromising itself or its position.

or offensively with support of other units, and of course a minesweeper near by :)
1 Aug 2016, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 14:31 PMLatch
Why does this tank still not require all buildings to be present rather than just 'built'?

Because OKW structures doesnt have energy shield buttons like UKF.

...and because you wouldn't see KTs anymore, unless the players start to build on their base sector.
1 Aug 2016, 15:34 PM

well your KT was not vet 3 if it was it would have been impossible to circle strafe
1 Aug 2016, 16:53 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

But if okw player has no other option but build KT its the ideal situation for allied player: he knows exactly what is coming and to some extent, when is it going to come. Such knowledge shouldn't be left unappreciated. You can not only prepare with mines and AT but also use the absence of enemy vehicles and smaller presence of infantry (its 720mp, quite a lot) to cap some sectors.

Oh come on as if most of the playerbase would even think about doing so. They just want an Autowin as soon as they destroy the Flak-HQ. I mean sure this is a thing I would go for if I would play the game regulary, but what is the OKW player's best way out of it. Ofc it is the KT. If I would have my FHQ destroyed with 270 fuel on the having side I would surely field a KT because that's rhe quickest and strongest option you got once you lose your Flak-HQ
1 Aug 2016, 18:31 PM

KT is fine. It functions as a powerful fortress around which you can fight. Never send it off alone (I see this all the time, not sure why, always a bad end), with even the slightest amount of support it forces bleed at levels that are too high to ignore for any player. Use its attack ground on roads and corners to clear mines before advancing if you have no sweepers, it has such a high reload rate it won't matter too much. Make sure to leave a single AT unit trailing it so flanking units get lit up. Keep in mind as it takes damage you lose 0 MP, while every unit it kills is one more unit your opponent must replace. Taking out 2 AT gun almost recovers your MP cost. Taking out 2 tanks pays for itself immediately, except if they are 76s in which case you need 3.

Requiring all tech on field would prevent this unit from existing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★