Login

russian armor

Replace the Jeep with Pershing.

29 Jun 2016, 19:14 PM

Recently I was really, but really trying to squeeze as much as possible from this commander. His main pro is the most aggressive early game with light vehicles domination. However, as games rarely end after early game, I was always finding myself with nothing useful for the later stages. Arty is good, and withdrawing vehicles is still a necessary ability, but I always hit a brick wall which is the lack of punch in the later stages. In the end it is a "Mechanized" Company, so I find this idea incredible. Pershing as the last ability is just such a brilliant idea.
nee
29 Jun 2016, 19:24 PM

I'd prefer Easy Eight. Or replace the Assault Engineers with Cav Riflemen.
Pershing wih powerful off-map artillery might end up OP, at least Heavy Cav Company has only Rangers and smoke barrage.
29 Jun 2016, 19:46 PM

We have the CAS and tiger in the same doc, so that wouldn't be a big deal.
29 Jun 2016, 19:47 PM

All ok but change it according
29 Jun 2016, 20:07 PM

IMO WC51 should be swapped with EZ8, because withdraw and refit synergizes too well with Pershing call in.

All in all its a great idea, if the WC51 got some slight stat tweaks to adjust to the fact it could be used with a variety of openers.
29 Jun 2016, 20:07 PM

The mechanized and recon commanders just need some slight tweaking tbh. I don't think it should be changed to be an alternate heavy cavalry commander.
29 Jun 2016, 20:14 PM

It's has always been the doge commander in my eyes.

Ontopic: if people cry about the mortar, this forum would need a desalination plant to remove all the salt from the QQ of certain people if this change was implemented.

What @BreakingBrad says it's a start or an option.
On top of that, increase HP on the M3 HT and reduce mp cost.
Remove recon sweep and replace it with some mech. I'm not sure if giving Pershing is a possible option but E8s wouldn't be bad.

and maybe just replace the m3 with the m5
Recon should be a loiter
29 Jun 2016, 20:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

and maybe just replace the m3 with the m5
Recon should be a loiter

Although they barely fulfill the same role (M5 having more utility), i'll rather have some "diversity" when possible.
29 Jun 2016, 20:39 PM

Although they barely fulfill the same role (M5 having more utility), i'll rather have some "diversity" when possible.

They are same role, both halftracks
29 Jun 2016, 21:45 PM

The m3 drops like a fly, but it brings assault engineers that can lay mines on a faction where the only other minelayer costs 340MP/20FU and dies if you stare at it in the late-game.

(If you don't like the m3 at all, you can sell it back immediately and hold on to the assault engineers)

@OP it wouldn't be a bad idea to trial at all.

Thematically, the E8 might be more interesting than the Pershing, as that would promote a more mobile organized-chaos kind of play (which is the trademark of the commander, currently), rather than a spearheading type of play.

Stock doge-truck will also give USF early game something they always lacked: an early-game scout unit that can eat the MG bursts so that you can plan your advance (i.e. without locking yourself in to a dead-end commander)

Also, unlike the mortar, you can't camp on your half of the map and start autoattacking the other guy to death with your doge.
29 Jun 2016, 21:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They are same role, both halftracks

M5 can be upgraded to AA and be useful in combat. M3 comes with Assault Engies.
29 Jun 2016, 22:01 PM

This would actually solve the problems the Mortar solves aswell which is dealing with MGs albiet more micro intensive but also allow USF to have an early game counter to that damned Kubel
nee
30 Jun 2016, 03:05 AM

Hmmm if we're to swap out WC51 with something, then perhaps WC51 should be added into Light Recon Support, replacing that lame-ass combat paradrop.
30 Jun 2016, 04:35 AM

Permanently Banned
The Non-doc jeep is a terrible idea. As if the mortar wasn't enough wrecking mgs. Have you lost your mind? I don't mind if the USF can have their pershing in another doc just to please those that bitched about it back in the day when USF supposedly had no late just cuz they had no heavy armor.
30 Jun 2016, 06:47 AM

I like an Easy 8 Better so I dont have to pick the sad husk of Rifle Company to use em
30 Jun 2016, 13:58 PM

Well someone should add two polls to this

Like/Dislike the idea with Jeep being Stock and Mechanised having a Doc Tank

Pershing vs Easy 8 which one should be the doc tank
30 Jun 2016, 15:26 PM

Well one of the primary ideas was making the m26 available via more doctrines.

30 Jun 2016, 15:40 PM

Subtle touch with the smile on mech commander's face.

Though Pershing would be OP with Withdraw and refit. Pershing gonna die? Refund pls.

no my friend thets not how it works :D

you click on the Refund butten the tank will slowly roll his way out of the map when he is on the edge of your side then you will get only half of the price like why would you do this to a fucking pershing :P

30 Jun 2016, 15:43 PM

The Non-doc jeep is a terrible idea. As if the mortar wasn't enough wrecking mgs. Have you lost your mind? I don't mind if the USF can have their pershing in another doc just to please those that bitched about it back in the day when USF supposedly had no late just cuz they had no heavy armor.

okw kubel recks the poor jeep

now volks got ANTI TANK nades so the jeep will not surrvive for long you got all the tools to rek this poor unit

we all hait this jeep cos of it shity preformence its just shit most players just lose it at the first 2-5 min ...
30 Jun 2016, 19:07 PM

Yeah replacing the mortar with WC51 could be better since seems an early game MG counter is all that USF needs, according to Relic. I'm sure those GI will appreciate the change too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★