Login

russian armor

Faction satisfaction poll

28 Jun 2016, 20:05 PM

Imo Ost always feel like your on the brink of losing, USF is predicated on Rifles>light vehicle>timing attack with Sherman
:thumbsup:
28 Jun 2016, 20:48 PM

OKW: Feels lackluster somehow. Teching feels off, you get light vehicles and you will bleed since you can't get healing soon enough, get healing and you can't deal with light vehicles in a effective way..

Yeah this is how the "feel" of OKW is right now for me too - mathematically the teching is pretty much the same as USF but the Zooks vs. StrumPio Shrek makes a big difference vs. light vehicles (Going LT vs. Battlegroup) Not to mention squishy, clumped up Raken vs. HE shells of doom. OKW mid-game can be painful at times right now. It's not bad per-se, just stuff like Shrek cost can be tweaked to make life less frustrating. Would be nice if the Strumpio medical crates worked as a one-time use AoE heal like Brits or Luft Supply Drop too.
30 Jun 2016, 01:37 AM

Give east factions frontline retreatpoint or remove all FRP from the other 3 factions.
30 Jun 2016, 02:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

So Soviets are now the new Wehrmacht

How far the power creep has risen.
30 Jun 2016, 03:08 AM

Primarily an Axis player here, so I'm only really able to speak about them:

Ost is just hard to play at almost all stages of the game. I feel you basically win matches if your opponent overextends and lose if they don't. You have virtually no initiative whatsoever until quite late in the game unless you opt to cheese with 222s. Units generally feel pretty boring to use - not a lot of interesting abilities and such.

OKW is badly designed but more fun to play than Ost. Feels vulnerable to specific strategies like Maxim spam. Not particularly versatile. The five veterancy levels rarely seem to actually count for much. Generally weak doctrines imo. Some units, like Pumas and the Sturmtiger, are a lot of fun to use.
30 Jun 2016, 05:13 AM

I find ostheer to be the funnest since it relies most on combined arms and when properly executed it feels great. Getting vet 3 on all units in your army composition feels great.
30 Jun 2016, 05:46 AM

Most to least:
OST - Yes; explained below
SOV - Yes; 'normal' build style and play style, just too 'squishy' for my play style.
USF - Mostly; Fun, but a bit limited in terms of unit choice; especially early on.
OKW - Not really; explained below

People that voted yes "it's satisfying" to play as Ostheer are complete derps.

Let me reiterate, here's the definition of satisfying since the majority of people who voted (yes) don't understand the meaning: Giving fulfillment or the pleasure associated with this.

The people that voted yes are either trolls or derps that enjoy suffering.

My point being, how is playing with the weakest, most micro'd, most time consuming, most likely to get squad wiped, weak mid game counters to light vehicles faction, satisfying to play with?

If I'm missing something, please reply because through the few years of playing this game have lately (the last year) not found it "Satisfying" fun to play with Ostheer.

That's the point.

Playing easy games isn't satisfying. If you get a match against a rank 500+ player, it isn't fun; it's easy, but really boring. The same can be said about using an 'easy' faction. When you win as Ost, you won because you were the better player. It's not because you have some "insta-win" button, or some insane price/performance ratio unit - it's because you were better at the game. That's satisfying.

So when you win with Ost, which is arguably one of the hardest (if not the hardest) faction to play, it's actually 'worth' a lot. For me, at least, that's satisfying and fun.

On top of that, OST is just really versatile. Grens can be medium/close range units with G43s, long-range by default, or long-range support with LMGs. I can defend with my MGs and flank with grens, or use my MGs to support my advances. Mortars give the ability to force an enemy MG/support to re-position, opening up windows for movement.... Early game is just really, really fun as OST. Much more fun that any other faction (IMO).

Mid-game is good too with a very good AT gun and AT squad, you've also got the STUG which is just such a good 'surprise' AT vehicle as well as the P4, which is pretty good against everything.

Then late-game you've got a solid rocket vehicle, a great medium/heavy, and it's all supported by some great doctrine abilities and units.

OKW: Feels lackluster somehow. Teching feels off, you get light vehicles and you will bleed since you can't get healing soon enough, get healing and you can't deal with light vehicles in a effective way..

This, exactly. I tried OKW again (since release) just after the rework came out, and I just couldn't play them. The tech was strange, the meta was boring, the units felt awkward, etc. I tried them again a few times later after some more patches, and it just wasn't enjoyable. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't like their core design.

Main issues:
Builders are actually combat units (and really good ones at that)
No real early-game support crews (MG, mortar) - at least before this patch
Far too much reliance on mid-game LIGHT vehicles
Can't really play defensive when needed
30 Jun 2016, 08:37 AM

I won't play Axis until next patch.The ost faction has been the worst faction. Generally speaking the brits is just a stronger version of the ost. It has everything which the ost has except vanilla snare ability and mobile artillery.But stronger and better than the ost.The OKW has stronger version on some units too.

To be solved,relic needs alot of work to do.
1.Remove the frontline retreat point from all the factions or give the east factions the same thing.
2.Poineers pop decreased from 6 to 5.It's ridiculous to increase the pop when they decide to decrease the pop of the heavies.Repairing is always a big problem for the ost in late games.
3.Give the grenadiers a tech upgrade option to gain a 5th member in late game stage to be in line with the other factions in late games.
4.Reduce the overpriced Pz4 fuel cost.Or give it 140 penetration.
30 Jun 2016, 09:51 AM

People that voted yes "it's satisfying" to play as Ostheer are complete derps.

Let me reiterate, here's the definition of satisfying since the majority of people who voted (yes) don't understand the meaning: Giving fulfillment or the pleasure associated with this.

The people that voted yes are either trolls or derps that enjoy suffering.

My point being, how is playing with the weakest, most micro'd, most time consuming, most likely to get squad wiped, weak mid game counters to light vehicles faction, satisfying to play with?

If I'm missing something, please reply because through the few years of playing this game have lately (the last year) not found it "Satisfying" fun to play with Ostheer.

Getting bored and trying to bait for flame, aren't you?

Only 1v1 player suffer from recent change, wehr still best faction in team game.

Just encountered Soviet Urban + 3 Brit Emplacement. We tore them to pieces with mortar spam, flame halftracks and okw stuka halftrack while leisurely spam dropping fuel for fast KT. I doubt any allied player like that.
30 Jun 2016, 10:50 AM

> OKW: Feels lackluster somehow.

This, exactly.

[...]

Main issues:
Builders are actually combat units (and really good ones at that)
No real early-game support crews (MG, mortar) - at least before this patch
Far too much reliance on mid-game LIGHT vehicles
Can't really play defensive when needed

Why don't you just play Wehrmacht then? Because that's what you describe.
30 Jun 2016, 10:53 AM

Playing easy games isn't satisfying. If you get a match against a rank 500+ player, it isn't fun; it's easy, but really boring. The same can be said about using an 'easy' faction. When you win as Ost, you won because you were the better player. It's not because you have some "insta-win" button, or some insane price/performance ratio unit - it's because you were better at the game. That's satisfying.

So when you win with Ost, which is arguably one of the hardest (if not the hardest) faction to play, it's actually 'worth' a lot. For me, at least, that's satisfying and fun.

I get what you are saying but by the end of an Ost game I am so worn out that I don't feel like playing again for another 2 days.
30 Jun 2016, 11:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Ost : 222 cost still hmmm...
Sov : WTF B-4 30 popcap
OKW : Medics should cost 250mp same as soviet
USF : Dat BUG...
UKF : nothing really changes.

Ostheer is fine.

Soviet B4 seems to hit again

Okw Medics effectivly cost 300 manpower + fuel

USF bug is fixed

Brits are Brits
30 Jun 2016, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 11:06 AMd0ggY

USF bug is fixed

For some definition of "fixed".
30 Jun 2016, 11:30 AM
Senior Caster Badge

For some definition of "fixed".

It really is not yet? what was the update then for?
30 Jun 2016, 11:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2016, 11:30 AMd0ggY

It really is not yet? what was the update then for?

https://www.coh2.org/topic/54300/combined-arms-still-bugged
30 Jun 2016, 11:52 AM

With Soviet/OKW redesign, I'd say I enjoy playing all factions except for Ostheer or USF.

My peeves vs USF:
- Ever since the terminator buffs, the design of USF infantry seems entirely incoherent
- Extremely predictable opening
- Their teching structure (free squads) limits you from benefiting from teching choices (i.e., I would rather like to have a choice between getting a lieutenant and buying an MG, than having an additional infantry squad forced on me)
- That late-game...

My peeves vs OST:
- I, personally, dislike having to rely on indirect fire
- Extremely predictable opening well up until the midgame
- For teamgames, Ostheer has such an unfettered access to cheese it would make even Soviets jealous.
- The sheer existence of overwhelming cheese options make you feel like a complete sucker if you decide to forego these.

However,and by far, the most enjoyable faction to play seems the UKF:

1) If you don't want to rely on indirect fire, that's the best performance-for-your-buck you can get in a faction

2) There is no other faction where every single unit* is affected by a bug/hidden-feature so gamechanging that makes extremely potent units/abilities seem trash.

These possibilities also exponentially increase just by picking the Commando Regiment as your doctrine of choice.

Essentially, UKF is the geek's choice faction.

* sole exceptions: Sexton & 17-pounder
** if you doubt this, name a unit, and I will tell you 2-3 features you have been ignoring so far.

3) If you pull your eyes up from the gutter (emplacement-spam/Hammer), there is an entire microcosmos of indirect-fire-free combined arms potential that puts Ostheer to shame.
30 Jun 2016, 12:07 PM

Getting bored and trying to bait for flame, aren't you?

Only 1v1 player suffer from recent change, wehr still best faction in team game.

Just encountered Soviet Urban + 3 Brit Emplacement. We tore them to pieces with mortar spam, flame halftracks and okw stuka halftrack while leisurely spam dropping fuel for fast KT. I doubt any allied player like that.

Im curious? was it a custom game? As you have not played a single game as axis in 4v4 AT (7 TOTAL) or Random (EVER) in a number of months.............

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561197984288753

270+ posts for less than 80 games, ultimate DERP. Now back in your box

Back on topic

Playing Ost is quite simply not good for your blood pressure, 1 mistake and it is night night sisters

OKW has shown improvements with the new patch, however it is my opinion that volks are redundant now. I only make a single squad and that is just for re-crewing support weapons. From a 2v2 perspective, I am finding that only main strat I can currently rely on is 2x Strums, kubel, PFs Puma. I dont go T4 (unless I have an Ost TM) I go mech followed by Puma then med. Rather stale 2bh.

All Allies, well, just cool as a breeze really. Nothing to worry about EVER.
30 Jun 2016, 13:41 PM

lol at people saying ost and soviets bad designed faction...they are fine its the usf and Ukf severely op and get everything,while okw severly up(mainly lack of both At and AI).
30 Jun 2016, 14:49 PM

Playing Ost is quite simply not good for your blood pressure, 1 mistake and it is night night sisters

Seriously though, that is almost true. People playing as OSTheer have an increased chance of heart attacks and autoimmune diseases.

Generalist light tanks capable of surviving 2 hard ATG shots, wiping retreating 4 man units and arriving at the 5 minute mark need to go.
30 Jun 2016, 14:52 PM

Im curious? was it a custom game? As you have not played a single game as axis in 4v4 AT (7 TOTAL) or Random (EVER) in a number of months.............

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561197984288753

270+ posts for less than 80 games, ultimate DERP. Now back in your box

Somebody didn't even read other people post before raging =].

FYI, I play with my friend, the score is scattered because I have many friends to play with.

I randomly post, 270 post for two years means I post less than once per day. Problem?

And unlike somebody, I enjoy playing Ostheer and CoH2 to the fullest, not come here to rant like a loser.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 30
Germany 81
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %