Login

russian armor

June 21st Balance update

PAGES (19)down
16 Jun 2016, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 21:22 PMKatitof

Well, back in alpha, for emplacements to be resistent enough to off-maps and arty barrages they had to have basically OKW truck level of health and they did.

Then HP was lowered greatly and bonus explosive modifiers were put in.

You wouldn't need to raise HP, just have a damage modifier for artillery strike vs emplacements.
16 Jun 2016, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 21:40 PMRappy

You wouldn't need to raise HP, just have a damage modifier for artillery strike vs emplacements.

There is not "just artillery" modifier.

Its either all explosive weapons or none.
16 Jun 2016, 21:46 PM
Donator 11

Problem with coh2 is that Relic doesn't seem to keep their focus straight. CoH2 at launch was this brutal game with brutal weather, brutal artillery, etc. Mine changes take that away. WFA/Brits took that away.

It's all for balance but maybe there could've been less focus on veterancy so a vanilla unit isn't completely outclassed by something that's vet 3. Maybe there could be balance while having units die quicker.

It's quite nostalgic to look back at coh2 in 2012/2013 and see the differences that are in it now.

coh3 has got to stick with its feel the whole way through. Changing it up doesn't do anyone justice.

I agree, staying on the eastern front would have been a better position for overall art style and general aesthetics. WFA not only gave us the worst factions but took away the dark deep and bloody theme of the eastern front. Coupled with the new faction we saw a design change where vet was more important than the general unit and while it should be important to keep your vet I feel like we have simply promoted blobbing based on our lack of cover.

If we wanted a Coh game the felt like coh1 the best way to do this is to increase cover importance and increase the amount of red cover and green cover. Maps should have general flow and outside of 1v1/2v2 that simply doesn't exist.

This patch is the closest we have ever gotten to a fully balanced coh2 and it is sad to see it come so late when coh2 had such a bright future pre-WFA.
16 Jun 2016, 21:53 PM

so im reading this right....the crush change didnt make it?

The Lead Strategist has SPOKEN
16 Jun 2016, 22:17 PM

so im reading this right....the crush change didnt make it?

a lot of people didn't like the crush change.

and the preview test ran out of steam momentum. There's some stuff I don't like but the volks change make up for it. However, if this is the last ever balance patch for coh2 I am going to be pretty sad.
16 Jun 2016, 22:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

a lot of people didn't like the crush change.

and the preview test ran out of steam momentum. There's some stuff I don't like but the volks change make up for it. However, if this is the last ever balance patch for coh2 I am going to be pretty sad.

I too can't see much else happening unless they decided to hire miragefla on the cheap and make him do everything for patches.
16 Jun 2016, 22:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 22:22 PMVuther

I too can't see much else happening unless they decided to hire miragefla on the cheap and make him do everything for patches.

Personally I don't agree many of Miragefla's changes even if I respect his effort. I see a lot of flawed changes in Mirage's mod and I am worried seeing it going into the vanilla game.
16 Jun 2016, 22:27 PM

Personally I don't agree many of Miragefla's changes even if I respect his effort. I see a lot of flawed changes in Mirage's mod and I am worried seeing it going into the vanilla game.

Same with me. Hopefully this will be the last time that Relic will do this.
16 Jun 2016, 22:33 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 21:46 PMKatitof

There is not "just artillery" modifier.

Its either all explosive weapons or none.

False. Target tables can go against individual unit types for select weapons.

Well then put them forth rather than hiding them.

As for the patch, I think the Quality of Life improvements are greatly needed though. I'm pretty sure if we can't agree with my balance ideas, we can at least agree with units not being blocked by flags, having force reload and non-RNG AA.
16 Jun 2016, 22:38 PM

As for the patch, I think the Quality of Life improvements are greatly needed though. I'm pretty sure if we can't agree with my balance ideas, we can at least agree with units not being blocked by flags, having force reload and non-RNG AA.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692260338

https://www.coh2.org/topic/51037/firesparks-balance-mod

I think you've done really well in promoting your mod and in keeping up with the effort, but that's still a separate issue with the specific changes in your mod.
16 Jun 2016, 22:46 PM

Also relic went ahead with his controversial changes and left out most of the positive tweaks included in his mod.
16 Jun 2016, 22:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Understandable, but still pretty much the best I can see happening. Maaaaaaaayyyyyyyybbbbeee a 2.602 could happen again, but if it does, it'll probably out of the blue.

Also relic went ahead with his controversial changes and left out most of the positive tweaks included in his mod.

A 222 that can fire its coaxial MG consistently would be nice.
16 Jun 2016, 23:02 PM

I'm disappointed that relic did not change the rotation speed on Cromwell really
Just make it from 38 (m4 is 34 and that's is supposed to be more agile) to 32
And don't change the speed so it can still flank
16 Jun 2016, 23:22 PM

Of course. Otherwise how would they have done the 5x Goliath vs Emplacement damage modifier?
16 Jun 2016, 23:23 PM
Patrion 14

"Core Infantry/Small Team Weapon Spawn Points

Developer Comments: We felt by allowing smaller team weapons and core infantry to spawn from corresponding base buildings, it could slightly speed up initial engagements, and allow for more meaningful base placements for Soviets , Wehrmacht, and OKW factions.

All Core Infantry Squads and Core Small Weapon Teams now spawn from its corresponding building rather than from Off-Map. "

other than this, looks cool.
nee
16 Jun 2016, 23:29 PM

So are these changes live now, in live game or the preview mod?
16 Jun 2016, 23:40 PM
Patrion 14

i remember they adding target table for snipers(?) or something. have they used it on any other units ever since? have you?

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 23:29 PMnee

21st

Major:

His 60 muni arty, from patch preview, is quite effective.

This is the biggest change for me because this buff to the major will give player a huge incentive to use major for other reason(s) than just a FRP. Now finally, there will be a worthy opportunity cost for USF's FRP. one down, 2 to go...

INF spawning from tech bldg.

this is a slap in the face to 3v3+ players TBH. and 2v2 players to somewhat. in Rails and Metal, I like to rush for the right fuel as a team in the beginning. Now that can't happen. and neither can players change trheir spawn point mid game. This is HUGE for a slight acceleration of early game.
16 Jun 2016, 23:42 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 23:29 PMnee

Most (but not all) are in preview mod - patch goes live on tues 21st
17 Jun 2016, 00:12 AM

Really not sure about bofors change, and the major's artillery is too cheap at 60 muni to have that much power. Bundle grenade max AoE at 3.75 might be too punishing - 3.5 would have been more reasonable. Otherwise these seem very good.

Any word on what Luftwaffe doctrine is receiving instead of the mg34? Are they rolling with the recon sweep or something? ugh sorry it's 1.20am and I was working dayshift, sorry for missing that. disregard that question
17 Jun 2016, 00:33 AM

Giving OKW LeFH was worst change i ever seen.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS