Login

russian armor

Which infantry models would you change if you could?

15 Jun 2016, 01:26 AM

No one wants US vehicle crew to be changed to ani........ :troll:
15 Jun 2016, 04:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 15:04 PMKatitof

I suppose you do full time charity for living?

Considering I'm a modder and that I give back to the community and the game itself without getting anything out of it, technically, I am, still doesn't justify the first game being full modable without the need to fork over extra cash for a simple thing like skins. I mean, yeah, sure, if commanders weren't paid with real money like in TF2 meaning that the loot drops are solely aesthetic, sure, I totally support paid skins and stuff, like in TF2, but they're just milking this cow all the way now.
15 Jun 2016, 07:18 AM

Considering I'm a modder and that I give back to the community and the game itself without getting anything out of it, technically, I am, still doesn't justify the first game being full modable without the need to fork over extra cash for a simple thing like skins. I mean, yeah, sure, if commanders weren't paid with real money like in TF2 meaning that the loot drops are solely aesthetic, sure, I totally support paid skins and stuff, like in TF2, but they're just milking this cow all the way now.

Thats hobby, not a job.
I doubt relic supports coh2 as a hobby.

Also, I find the skin argument quite void considering the fact that coh1 didn't had them at all.
Plus, you don't need to pay anything for anything except competition skins, factions, campaigns and mission packs since war spoil revamp finally made it online.

And you can't really complain about them milking it.
Show me a single AAA game that doesn't whore money like a starved hog.

You have season passes and endless DLC on stupid shit everywhere.
This is not just relics whim, its current gaming business model and common practice.

You won't even find a single game without crap like this except for pixelated indies.
15 Jun 2016, 09:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 00:19 AMVuther

Falls in, Falls out (that last one is a model painter's work, but it looked like one of the clearest pictures available so I used that)

Seems reasonable to me.

Obers, I can't quite place. It looks to me like they're using Waffen SS summer colours but not the pattern, as the Obers' pattern is far less full of dots than Waffen SS camos tend to have. I find the pattern resembles this one.

PFs, no clue because I can't find a good picture of them at the moment.

Sorry, yea you're right about the fallshirmjager.
15 Jun 2016, 09:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 10:37 AMmedhood
Company of Heroes 2 is a game with some very dodgy infantry models here and there, without a doubt anyone who played the game must have wished they could replace certain models they saw

Like Cookiez for example wanted to replace USF Officers with Ronald Speirs

So if you could replace an infantry model and give them a different look/uniform what models would you replace, why and what would you replace them with (link a picture)

P.S Because many people also want Italians or Japanese as the 3rd Axis faction you may link pictures for potential units of these factions if you wish

Format:

Unit Name - Which Skin (Summer, Winter, Summer/Winter)
Reason if you have one
Picture of what you'd like the new model to look like

I shall begin

Riflemen - Winter

Every time I see a picture or a video that shows American infantry fighting in winter conditions fighting in their awesome coats, I always wished that Riflemen had coats like these instead of it being put on Rear Echelon because Relic was lazy

Rangers - Winter

Americans actually used camouflage in the Winter even improvised, it'd be nice if Rangers being elite infantry squad for USF actually had white winter camouflage

Grenadiers - Summer

I heavily dislike the entirety of the Wehrmacht army being given camouflage one thing I like about WW2 games is the simple uniforms on basic mainline infantry and all the mainline infantry units are like this except Grenadiers

Wehrmacht Sniper - Summer

Personal preference to have actual camo on him

OKW/UKF MG Crewmen - Summer/Winter

Give them MG belts, why was Relic lazy when it came to this

Obersoldaten - Winter and Maybe Summer

I really like this kind of look I think it's badass and considering Obersoldaten are OKWs badass infantry I think it'd be pretty cool if they looked like this

Fully agree!
I thought the same thing, long time ago! And i would also like that Relic will input the old sounds of CoH2, that u can hear here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/53542/please-bring-back-some-older-sounds/page/1#post_id542975
15 Jun 2016, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 00:19 AMVuther

Falls in, Falls out (that last one is a model painter's work, but it looked like one of the clearest pictures available so I used that)

Seems reasonable to me.

Obers, I can't quite place. It looks to me like they're using Waffen SS summer colours but not the pattern, as the Obers' pattern is far less full of dots than Waffen SS camos tend to have. I find the pattern resembles this one.

PFs, no clue because I can't find a good picture of them at the moment.

I loved CoH1 Falls with the brown camo and the helmet netting/leaves they look so awesome I loved their models I but I dont mind the current models either

I wouldve said to give them winter camoflauge for winter maps but that might get them mixed up with Jaegers and Stormtroopers

As for Obersoldaten would you say their camo should resembles this
Here is some artwork I found aswell

I wish riflemen had backpacks like Rangers have. And those fancy rear echelon coats.

I also wish paratrooper models randomly spawned without backpacks as well.

I wish tommies had a model with a radio with pyrotechnics upgrade, and a model with a medic guy with the medic upgrade.
and...hmm

I also really like the winter ostruppen model. Wish that outfit was the main grenadier model.

Volks need a backpack too. OH and USF captain/LT squads need a radioman model too.

In general.. Where are the radio men!!! Other than pathfinders. Cmon relic I want muh immersion

The Lead Strategist has SPOKEN, Relic add more radios and backpacks
15 Jun 2016, 11:00 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I would like to change models for Red Army. I have found old post, where Crecer13 perfectly explain what is wrong with Soviet infantry:

As I have said many times - the Soviets have to to remake the skins:

Summer engineers look simply disgusting. Almost all engineers, sappers were dressed in camouflage

Cape on the guards has done wrong and why cape winter?

Winter budenovka? This has never happened.

Form tank crew absolutely wrong. Tank crews were dressed in dark blue / black tank suit.

15 Jun 2016, 17:01 PM

Assault Grens still have lazily added PG model, wish this was addressed.

It's intentional, the PG model even has a unique ID: assault_grenadiers_leader_mp. He actually still has 1.5 armor because Relic forgot he existed when they changed armor to received accuracy. What annoys me more is not that he's there, but he's not even assigned Squad Leader, the Assault Grenadier in the middle is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 88
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment