Login

russian armor

Which infantry models would you change if you could?

13 Jun 2016, 10:37 AM

Company of Heroes 2 is a game with some very dodgy infantry models here and there, without a doubt anyone who played the game must have wished they could replace certain models they saw

Like Cookiez for example wanted to replace USF Officers with Ronald Speirs

So if you could replace an infantry model and give them a different look/uniform what models would you replace, why and what would you replace them with (link a picture)

P.S Because many people also want Italians or Japanese as the 3rd Axis faction you may link pictures for potential units of these factions if you wish

Format:

Unit Name - Which Skin (Summer, Winter, Summer/Winter)
Reason if you have one
Picture of what you'd like the new model to look like

I shall begin

Riflemen - Winter

Every time I see a picture or a video that shows American infantry fighting in winter conditions fighting in their awesome coats, I always wished that Riflemen had coats like these instead of it being put on Rear Echelon because Relic was lazy

Rangers - Winter

Americans actually used camouflage in the Winter even improvised, it'd be nice if Rangers being elite infantry squad for USF actually had white winter camouflage

Grenadiers - Summer

I heavily dislike the entirety of the Wehrmacht army being given camouflage one thing I like about WW2 games is the simple uniforms on basic mainline infantry and all the mainline infantry units are like this except Grenadiers

Wehrmacht Sniper - Summer

Personal preference to have actual camo on him

OKW/UKF MG Crewmen - Summer/Winter

Give them MG belts, why was Relic lazy when it came to this

Obersoldaten - Winter and Maybe Summer

I really like this kind of look I think it's badass and considering Obersoldaten are OKWs badass infantry I think it'd be pretty cool if they looked like this

13 Jun 2016, 13:50 PM

Brit Airlanding Officer - Christopher Lee skin.

:D
13 Jun 2016, 14:04 PM

Relic and uniforms you know ...
13 Jun 2016, 19:57 PM

The reason they never used white winter camouflage is because they don't want the models to blend into the environment and be hard to see.
13 Jun 2016, 20:54 PM

• everyone knows Wehrmacht Grenadiers are weird (maybe it was a ploy to sell OKW with the right field grey)
  • agree with OP about ammo belts on MG34 team
  • fun fact: Riflemen in winter were suppossed to have the Rear Echelon model (or so I heard) - instead was split up into 2 units
  • personal opinion: Jägers need a new model and portrait: They are just reskinned Panzergrenadiers, and the portrait is in "Ostheer"-style
  • About camo sniper: A western-front german sniper (looking like in saving privat ryan, so with a helmet instead of a cap) for OKW, as a doctrinal option, could be neat visually and design-wise. Maybe paradropped like in Sudden Strike 1, but I'm being crazy o_O
13 Jun 2016, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 20:54 PMFluffi

• (maybe it was a ploy to sell OKW with the right field grey)

ayyyy
13 Jun 2016, 21:34 PM

Replace Wehr Grenadiers with Weapon crew models, give weapon crew models Ostruppen's back thingy, done.

Give OKW and Brits proper crew models, agreed.

And yeah as mentioned, stormtroopers/jaegers turned out to be reskinned PGs.

The 2nd picture you have of Band of Brothers is that of the 101st AIRBORNE Division, meaning those are AIRBORNE troops, not ordinary infantrymen, just noting.
14 Jun 2016, 05:45 AM

Replace Wehr Grenadiers with Weapon crew models, give weapon crew models Ostruppen's back thingy, done.

Give OKW and Brits proper crew models, agreed.

And yeah as mentioned, stormtroopers/jaegers turned out to be reskinned PGs.

The 2nd picture you have of Band of Brothers is that of the 101st AIRBORNE Division, meaning those are AIRBORNE troops, not ordinary infantrymen, just noting.

I know it was Airborne from Band of Brothers but I wanted to show off the coats they had and there isnt much good pictures on the internet, I couldve used the infantry from the movie Fury but they all had assorted equipment and there wasnt any clear photos of just them

The reason they never used white winter camouflage is because they don't want the models to blend into the environment and be hard to see.

Soviet Snipers, Jaegers use white camoflauge so your argument kind of fails, it was just Relic got really lazy when it came to doing Winter versions of WFA armour its just summer with a scarf and some snow splattered tell me which WFA units have a different winter model/skin other than Volksgrenadiers and Jaegers

CoH2 when it came out used to be skinnable, here is a screenshot of reskinned Grenadiers, I dont know why Relic never reimplemented this we have some very talented modders in this community and we've also seen some nice skins for vehicles from various members so I dont know why Relic wont let us skin/model infantry to our own tastes

http://www.moddb.com/mods/scorched-earth-realism-mod-for-coh2/images - Source of Screenshot
14 Jun 2016, 05:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 05:45 AMmedhood

I know it was Airborne from Band of Brothers but I wanted to show off the coats they had and there isnt much good pictures on the internet, I couldve used the infantry from the movie Fury but they all had assorted equipment and there wasnt any clear photos of just them

Soviet Snipers, Jaegers use white camoflauge so your argument kind of fails, it was just Relic got really lazy when it came to doing Winter versions of WFA armour its just summer with a scarf and some snow splattered tell me which WFA units have a different winter model/skin other than Volksgrenadiers and Jaegers

CoH2 when it came out used to be skinnable, here is a screenshot of reskinned Grenadiers, I dont know why Relic never reimplemented this we have some very talented modders in this community and we've also seen some nice skins for vehicles from various members so I dont know why Relic wont let us skin/model infantry to our own tastes

http://www.moddb.com/mods/scorched-earth-realism-mod-for-coh2/images - Source of Screenshot

I agree, vCOH is fully skin-customized, DOWII has tons of skins too I don't know why Relic doesn't implement those in COH2. vanilla factions have clearly different summer/winter skin while WFA winter is just summer version slapping on white paint.
14 Jun 2016, 06:44 AM

I think I would swap the Ostheer Artillery model and the Ostheer Grenadier model. And as someone else said, give them the rigging that Osttruppen have too. Then I'd change the colour on their shoulders from red (artillery) to white (infantry). I'd also make the color changes to Medics (royal blue) and Osttruppen (white). I would also swat Winter Osttruppen and Winter Grenadier and reskin accordingly, since civlian coats would fit Osttruppen much better.

For USF, I would give Rear Echelon a different model, perhaps Rifleman or Vehicle Crew or even Soviet Engineer, but reskinned to look either like a different soldier, or like workers. Then I would let USF Riflemen use the coat model on winter maps.
14 Jun 2016, 06:59 AM

I think I would swap the Ostheer Artillery model and the Ostheer Grenadier model. And as someone else said, give them the rigging that Osttruppen have too. Then I'd change the colour on their shoulders from red (artillery) to white (infantry). I'd also make the color changes to Medics (royal blue) and Osttruppen (white). I would also swat Winter Osttruppen and Winter Grenadier and reskin accordingly, since civlian coats would fit Osttruppen much better.

For USF, I would give Rear Echelon a different model, perhaps Rifleman or Vehicle Crew or even Soviet Engineer, but reskinned to look either like a different soldier, or like workers. Then I would let USF Riflemen use the coat model on winter maps.

I think Echelon could use the model lieutenant has with all the officer stuff like binoculars then give them caps
For summer they can wear
and for winter they should wear
14 Jun 2016, 08:12 AM

I'm betting my money on Relic wanting to make money off of em.
14 Jun 2016, 15:00 PM

I don't think that any of the wehrmacht or OKW uniforms are correct. The only ones that are (possibly) correct are the volksgrenadiers in winter, the panzergrenadiers/stormtroopers in winter and pioneers in summer. I think for the most part the camos are all made up (fallschirmjager/panzerfusiliers/obers...).

A reenactor once told me that the US uniforms are decent.
14 Jun 2016, 15:04 PM

I suppose you do full time charity for living?
14 Jun 2016, 15:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I wish riflemen had backpacks like Rangers have. And those fancy rear echelon coats.

I also wish paratrooper models randomly spawned without backpacks as well.

I wish tommies had a model with a radio with pyrotechnics upgrade, and a model with a medic guy with the medic upgrade.
and...hmm

I also really like the winter ostruppen model. Wish that outfit was the main grenadier model.

Volks need a backpack too. OH and USF captain/LT squads need a radioman model too.

In general.. Where are the radio men!!! Other than pathfinders. Cmon relic I want muh immersion
14 Jun 2016, 15:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm betting my money on ded gaem Relic has forsaken us.
14 Jun 2016, 15:10 PM

Assault Grens still have lazily added PG model, wish this was addressed.
14 Jun 2016, 23:48 PM

I would replace british IS models from dark brown+white belts with green/khaki. Also helmets with cloths look much better than naked metal imo.
15 Jun 2016, 00:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 15:00 PMSchmitz
I think for the most part the camos are all made up (fallschirmjager/panzerfusiliers/obers...).

A reenactor once told me that the US uniforms are decent.

Falls in, Falls out (that last one is a model painter's work, but it looked like one of the clearest pictures available so I used that)

Seems reasonable to me.

Obers, I can't quite place. It looks to me like they're using Waffen SS summer colours but not the pattern, as the Obers' pattern is far less full of dots than Waffen SS camos tend to have. I find the pattern resembles this one.

PFs, no clue because I can't find a good picture of them at the moment.
15 Jun 2016, 00:50 AM

I kinda wish the cons had more unit variety,

edit: I wish all infantry had more unit variety.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★