Login

russian armor

Ostheer lategame needs a buff

22 May 2016, 01:06 AM

Don't forget:
the incredibly powerful NON-DOC comet tank
the anti-blob cromwell (seriously, that's not it's role, but everyone THINKS it is)
the centaur (i.e. better ostwind)
half-reinforce cost Vet 3 REs (13mp lol)
mirrored PAK at gun (6lb) AND non-decrewable static AT (vs. decrewable ost static doc AT)

I was talking about the early game. The person i was quoting saying the pit and bofors are the only things holding brits together in the EARLY-MID game. Thats why i didnt mention their superb late game units as well
22 May 2016, 01:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 23:24 PMKatitof

Yes...

Blocking turret of StuG will surely make it stand still :sibHyena:

Brit sniper doesn't stun anything for half a year now.

:lolol:
22 May 2016, 07:13 AM

you would know that the brit sniper stuns turretless tanks if you played the game

lol, owned
22 May 2016, 09:19 AM

Entire axis designed to perform good at late, Ostheer is working well at that stage actually.

Emplacements problem is not problem of Ostheer or OKW - it's problem of UKF design. Not sure, that buff of Ost against emplacements will save situation.

4 men squads are vunerable but... dangerous. Their firepower is high, they can deal with 6 men soviet squads very fast and with any other infantry... if you will use them from covers. And there is nothing wrong in loosing full squads - there is no problems to get new, actually. I never saw that as big problem myself.

Midgame Pz4 is awesome actually. Deals with infantry, pretty tough against tanks... I like it, actually. Sherman is not better that Pz4 at all, cos while Pz4's rounds are universal, in Sherman you should also change rounds for different purpouses - more micro for you. And Cromwell problem is again UKF problem, not Ostheer. Cromwell performs pretty similar with T-34-85, so I think it should cost at least 130-135 fuel, not 110.

Panther is non-doc availiable "heavy" tank for Ostheer (it's armor is better, than Tiger lol). Not sure, that something can be better than that for late game. Again... UKF has Churchills and Comets for same purpouse but... as I said - UKF's problems, not Ostheer.

I can only say, that Ostheer's design is really nice and good right now in CoH 2. All problems here coming from UKF and I agree - UKF need total redesign, cos right now they have as faction way more than any faction must have for to be balanced. It's just overpowerd in it's design, that makes all other factions looks broken.
22 May 2016, 09:33 AM
Donator 11

I don't think ostheer needs late game buffs but this part is so :huhsign: . You really never played a close match? Becouse if you did you would know that ONE wipe often decides who wins or loses the game. No matter what faction you play as.

And there is nothing wrong in loosing full squads - there is no problems to get new, actually. I never saw that as big problem myself.
22 May 2016, 09:47 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 12:25 PMKatitof

Read balance mod notes and play it.

can this cancer pls stop, im not going to play some mod by a random usf fanboy just because another faction lacks late game power.
22 May 2016, 09:52 AM

I don't think ostheer needs late game buffs but this part is so :huhsign: . You really never played a close match? Becouse if you did you would know that ONE wipe often decides who wins or loses the game. No matter what faction you play as.

Ostheer squads themselvs wiping enemy squads with their helluva firepower. PzGrens STGs are deadly in mid-close, Grens with MG-42 are deadly at long range, specially buffed with Officier...

It is balance - they dying easy, but they also make other die easy. Compare with 6 men conscripts, which are "hard to be wiped", but their firepower is so low, that they can't kill anyone.

I would like to have effective, but fragile infantry, not tough and ineffective. Riflemans are main core of USF, so they suppoused to be good in everything, UKF... bad design, everything that I can say.

I have a suggestion - if Ostheer players don't like to have such fragile infantry units in stock - let's change Grenadeers to Osttrupen as mainline infantry! Osttrupens are 6 men squad, survivable as you need. But hey... we have already faciton with "Osttrupens" in core, calls USSR. And it sux, really sux...
22 May 2016, 09:58 AM
Donator 11

Ostheer squads themselvs wiping enemy squads with their helluva firepower. PzGrens STGs are deadly in mid-close, Grens with MG-42 are deadly at long range, specially buffed with Officier...

It is balance - they dying easy, but they also make other die easy. Compare with 6 men conscripts, which are "hard to be wiped", but their firepower is so low, that they can't kill anyone.

I would like to have effective, but fragile infantry, not tough and ineffective. Riflemans are main core of USF, so they suppoused to be good in everything, UKF... bad design, everything that I can say.

I have a suggestion - if Ostheer players don't like to have such fragile infantry units in stock - let's change Grenadeers to Osttrupen as mainline infantry! Osttrupens are 6 men squad, survivable as you need. But hey... we have already faciton with "Osttrupens" in core, calls USSR. And it sux, really sux...

Wait, stay on track, I didn't say there is anything wrong with fragile infantry units or ostheer infantry units. But there is no infantry unit that can wipe squads just becouse of its stats - its always players mistake, usually and overextension, if he loses a unit. So its not like ostheer units are getting wiped more often, you just need to play more cautiosly with them. My point though is saying that getting wiped doesn't have huge impact on game result is just stupid.

Btw if you think soviets suck, why do you play as soviets? Maybe they doesn't fit your playstyle and you should change factions? You know, they for example fit mine pretty well so I always had best ranks as soviets. In 1v1 ofc, I play other mods for strat testing and trolling only.
22 May 2016, 10:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

can this cancer pls stop, im not going to play some mod by a random usf fanboy just because another faction lacks late game power.

The balance mod isn't an unofficial mod, it's a playable preview for official changes.
22 May 2016, 10:22 AM

I agree on the Panther not serving any purpose.

The slow rate of fire makes it second choice versus mediums. StuGs do it better. Not only per cost but also by sheer damage output.

I would be okay with that. But that leaves the Panther with the solemn purpose of countering heavy tanks. And those should be the KV-1, KV-2,KV-8, Churchill, AVRE, Croc, IS-2, ISU-152 (,Pershing).

But: The StuG still handles those pretty good. Most of them even better due to sufficient penetration and better rof. Thus this is also not a reason to go Panthers. Panthers perform actually worse on some of those heavies. The Churchill, Croc and AVRE with their high health pool are almost immune to the slow firing Panther. Those and the KVs aren´t that heavily armored as one wouldn´t use a StuG. This effectively leaves two units the Panther can arguably counter better than StuGs and that only by a margin: The IS-2 and the ISU-152. Conclusion: Not worth building.
22 May 2016, 10:24 AM

Playing as ost right now feels like trying to beat some with a gun using a sword only to find out that when you get in range of your blade your opponent is wearing armor and your blade is dulled and doesn't cut
22 May 2016, 10:30 AM
Donator 11

Playing as ost right now feels like trying to beat some with a gun using a sword only to find out that when you get in range of your blade your opponent is wearing armor and your blade is dulled and doesn't cut

When you think of units like sniper and 222 this blade happens to be lightsaber :D
22 May 2016, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

When you think of units like sniper and 222 this blade happens to be lightsaber :D

So when you're no good at using those units, you aren't force-sensitive?
22 May 2016, 10:33 AM

don't Brit and su have sniper too and the 222 can be killed by an mg even 2 inf squad and can't hit shit ( and let's tank if ost didn't have this unit he would go unarmed not with a blade and the opponent is the KT)
22 May 2016, 10:34 AM

Btw if you think soviets suck, why do you play as soviets? Maybe they doesn't fit your playstyle and you should change factions? You know, they for example fit mine pretty well so I always had best ranks as soviets. In 1v1 ofc, I play other mods for strat testing and trolling only.

I don't play as allies right now, I play in "LeFH only" mod. Only ostheers, only howitzers, only loosing. But fun... Hope one day howtizers will become powerful... Btw, I like Ostheers as they are right now, don't see any serious problems with infantry or tanks. Only that UKF is more powerful in everything + have uberdefences for no reason. Because of it I think UKF needs hard reworking and remaking. Ostheers are fine, though.
22 May 2016, 10:39 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2016, 10:33 AMVuther

So when you're no good at using those units, you aren't force-sensitive?

The connection between coh2 and force is best visible by the example of Jesulin :D

don't Brit and su have sniper too and the 222 can be killed by an mg even 2 inf squad and can't hit shit ( and let's tank if ost didn't have this unit he would go unarmed not with a blade and the opponent is the KT)

I guess Stug life is not force-sensitive enough then :P
22 May 2016, 10:56 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2016, 10:10 AMVuther

The balance mod isn't an unofficial mod, it's a playable preview for official changes.

"play the balance mod/preview" isnt a viable solution for his problem, is it ;D
22 May 2016, 14:56 PM

Stop hurting yourself and others with you nonsense please.

I don't see lmg grens or RM walking into an HMG that's in cover, getting suppressed, and still gunning it down in like 10 seconds.

Grens are main core of ostheer as well so why can't they be good at everything? I'm not saying RM are OP (except maybe with double lmgs while suppressed) but compared to grens they are terminators.

Losing squads against ostheer means you weren't paying attention and got your unit killed.

Grens don't necessarily need a 5th man but they do need to be spaced out more to prevent getting wiped my explosives so easily. I don't remember the last time a mortar shell wiped my 5 man IS in one shot.
22 May 2016, 21:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

"play the balance mod/preview" isnt a viable solution for his problem, is it ;D

Your new answer just has me thoroughly confused what your actual point is now.
22 May 2016, 23:16 PM

Grens don't necessarily need a 5th man but they do need to be spaced out more to prevent getting wiped my explosives so easily. I don't remember the last time a mortar shell wiped my 5 man IS in one shot.

Lost 5 IS last night to a random AT raken shot as they rounded a corner on top of each other.

Just like I have lost whole 5-6 squads on random mortar rounds leaving a building on direct hit. 4 men does make it more prone to happen when out of cover but CoH2 has plenty of bunching issues even on large squad sizes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 44
Poland 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment