Login

russian armor

Ostheer lategame needs a buff

21 May 2016, 17:33 PM

ostheer and soviet needs their veterancy redesign to the WFA standards, yet the tier4 is overpriced a bit but even more so with the soviet, vanilla faction won't give relic any profit I guess..... you might just have to go to play OKW, it's German, and a way better fun and more toys
21 May 2016, 17:43 PM

Next time try elephants and dive bombs.
21 May 2016, 17:44 PM

wehr's problem is that it lives in the giant overpowered shadow of OKW
21 May 2016, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 12:25 PMKatitof
1) Mortar halftruck.

Not only doctrinal, but your only choice is either terrible (Festung Support) or insanely rare/expensive (Spearhead).

2) So is UKF. Biggest bane of both were mines, nerfed in the mod.

UKF cost 28mp (vs 30) to reinforce, and also can upgrade to 5 man. Ost can't.

4) Panthers either face AT units that outrange them or mediums that outperform them for cost. Be it the general utility versus infantry, rate of fire or sheer price. The Panther is so niche it has become a burden. Some say it is only meant to counter heavy tanks. But even then it can´t counter the Churchill. Park a Panther next to a T-34/85 or Easy 8 back to back and due to the rate of fire the Allied counterparts will win. That is how bad the rate of fire is. The panther fulfills a role that isn´t needed (high pen, low rof).

There's basically no reason to ever build a P4/Panther for AT roles. Stugs are far more cost effective, come earlier, and just perform better. Once you get 3-4 stugs (supported by infantry), which would only cost 840-1120mp and 270-360f, you can pretty much erase enemy tanks with superior DPS/lower replacement cost.

P4s are good when you need something good against tanks and infantry, and panthers are only useful when you really need the range. Other than that, stugs every single game.

21 May 2016, 19:15 PM

As for emplacements, Ost has early game snipers and can rush 222s. If you play Ost correctly, the Brits won't even be able to get up emplacements in the early game.

This +1000. Now close this tread :lolol:

21 May 2016, 19:17 PM

It seems like a lot of people think OKW is better than ost. The only thing they have that I'd want as ost is a forward retreat point. Well, I'd rather forward retreat point were removed entirely, but if that isn't an option then at least provide the possibility to each faction. It really can be an unfair advantage on certain maps, especially in 1v1 but also to some extent in 2v2. It makes a retreat more forgiving for some factions than others.
21 May 2016, 19:30 PM

As for emplacements, Ost has early game snipers and can rush 222s. If you play Ost correctly, the Brits won't even be able to get up emplacements in the early game.

for the record. sniper best ANTI EMPLACEMENT COUNTER EVER ESPECIALLY In 4V4. pls revert advanced cancer emplacement nerfs. its not OP, rather UP coz german sniper so op!!!
21 May 2016, 19:33 PM

and panthers are only useful when you really need the range.

but yet you still get outranged by most other tanks. LUL
21 May 2016, 19:59 PM

LEL.. right.

They can/will get down emplacements anyway they want. Other than mortar ht, there isnt much ostheer can do to emplacements.

Also i think this ostheer sniper superiority argument is overrated. Ostheer sniper will always be shooting to maintain inf parity agaisnt more lethal brit inf. Any half decent british player can make a sniper and get a counter snipe off. I say this because, ostheer sniper will be shooting at all times whilst the first shot the british sniper takes (if chosen) will be on the ostheer sniper. oh and i forgot the brit sniper will put a dent of the 222 aswell and call down arty if need be.
21 May 2016, 20:28 PM

the emplacement needs a nerf to their range, but that's more of a brits issue.

and stug spam is the perfect counter to any allied tanks. Its vet ability allow it to tackle even the allied heavy.
21 May 2016, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 19:59 PMSmaug

LEL.. right.

They can/will get down emplacements anyway they want. Other than mortar ht, there isnt much ostheer can do to emplacements.

Also i think this ostheer sniper superiority argument is overrated. Ostheer sniper will always be shooting to maintain inf parity agaisnt more lethal brit inf. Any half decent british player can make a sniper and get a counter snipe off. I say this because, ostheer sniper will be shooting at all times whilst the first shot the british sniper takes (if chosen) will be on the ostheer sniper. oh and i forgot the brit sniper will put a dent of the 222 aswell and call down arty if need be.

Are you talking about 1v1 or team games?
21 May 2016, 21:31 PM

but yet you still get outranged by most other tanks. LUL

Most?

Firefly, SU76/85, M36.... that's it.

Just the dedicated AT tanks, which are all glass cannons. That makes sense. The only tanks that both out-range AND out-tank a panther are more expensive doctrine based call-ins, which I would hope perform better.

21 May 2016, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 15:59 PMDoggo
At the cost of an unplayable British Faction. The Mortar Pit and Bofors are the only things holding Brits together in the Early-Mid Game.

And ISs, and vickers, and their sniper, and the ATG, and their sappers. honestly dont understand why ppl think brits are weak. learn to use cover and Youll see how amazing ISs can be.
21 May 2016, 21:36 PM

Most?

Firefly, SU76/85, M36.... that's it, except ultra-expensive call-ins.
Just the dedicated AT tanks, which are all glass cannons. That makes sense.

point is, they all outrange Ostheer TDs (stug and panther) which means they always fire first and hardest. The stug is amazing for its fast ROF, but once its hit once, it needs to retreat so it doesnt even matter.
21 May 2016, 21:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 19:59 PMSmaug

LEL.. right.

Glad im not the only one who doesnt think Ostheer sniper is so much better that the british one :D.
I also really enjoy the utility of the british sniper in the mid/late game with stunning and crit shotting enemies vehicles.
21 May 2016, 21:40 PM

And ISs, and vickers, and their sniper, and the ATG, and their sappers. honestly dont understand why ppl think brits are weak. learn to use cover and Youll see how amazing ISs can be.

Don't forget:
the incredibly powerful NON-DOC comet tank
the anti-blob cromwell (seriously, that's not it's role, but everyone THINKS it is)
the centaur (i.e. better ostwind)
half-reinforce cost Vet 3 REs (13mp lol)
mirrored PAK at gun (6lb) AND non-decrewable static AT (vs. decrewable ost static doc AT)
21 May 2016, 22:33 PM
Donator 11

Glad im not the only one who doesnt think Ostheer sniper is so much better that the british one :D.
I also really enjoy the utility of the british sniper in the mid/late game with stunning and crit shotting enemies vehicles.

Yeah, the brit sniper is great, especially against players who use stugs - you stun it and wait for 6pdr to finish the job. The whole point is that ostheer sniper has the 100% accurate, even on retreat, no cooldown shot that often decides wipes and thus whole matches. Also pak does brit sniper's job by itself with its own ability.
21 May 2016, 23:24 PM

Yeah, the brit sniper is great, especially against players who use stugs - you stun it and wait for 6pdr to finish the job.

Yes...

Blocking turret of StuG will surely make it stand still :sibHyena:

Brit sniper doesn't stun anything for half a year now.
21 May 2016, 23:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 23:24 PMKatitof

Yes...

Blocking turret of StuG will surely make it stand still :sibHyena:

Brit sniper doesn't stun anything for half a year now.

you would know that the brit sniper stuns turretless tanks if you played the game
22 May 2016, 00:18 AM

^ :lol:

Anyways can you guys focus on Ostheer instead of blaming it on the brits? The other factions got buffed in the may(june) patch so they are more or less on par with the brits.

OST however, needs some adjustments and buffs. Specially the PIV, Ostwind and grens maintenance cost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 79
Poland 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment