Login

russian armor

Ostheer lategame needs a buff

26 May 2016, 19:19 PM

That was some excellent analysis by ero
26 May 2016, 19:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2016, 15:34 PMButcher
Something needs to be done about the Panther. It is not worth it in about any realistic scenario in the game. There are no swarms of Allied heavy tanks with high armor. Thus the penetration (while great on paper) is not needed. To compensate this high penetration the Panther has a slow reload. Thus you end up with the slow reload yet none of the practical benefits of the Panthers gun.

It simply fulfills an unneeded role. At least give it some better AI capabilities or a higher rate of fire so it is worth building.

ost still have stug for use against medium. Panther's specialty against heavy might not be that common but it's s still important to be around when the situation arise.
26 May 2016, 23:10 PM

I think a change as simple as having the medic bunker cost no munitions would help greatly. Ostheer greatly depend on munitions to make their initially crappy units scale but they also need a medic bunker to mitigate their small squad sizes. Medics that cost fuel like everybody else would greatly help them be competitive in the early game and change their trajectory into the mid and late game.
26 May 2016, 23:21 PM

I´m not asking for a huge Panther buff. But what does not go into my head is that OKW gets an actually slightly better Panther than Ostheer with iirc a slightly better rate of fire and better performing MGs. Giving those stats to the Ostheer Panther would be sufficient. It arrives later after all.
27 May 2016, 00:13 AM

Ost is the best designed faction in the game along with the soviets. schreckblobs, zookspam and mortar pits brought down the balance.
27 May 2016, 00:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2016, 23:21 PMButcher
I´m not asking for a huge Panther buff. But what does not go into my head is that OKW gets an actually slightly better Panther than Ostheer with iirc a slightly better rate of fire and better performing MGs. Giving those stats to the Ostheer Panther would be sufficient. It arrives later after all.
a simple and easy fix can be to switch the vet2 and vet3 bonus on the panther. vet2 would give it higher rate of fire and vet3 could give it its massive armor.
27 May 2016, 00:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2016, 23:21 PMButcher

the okw panther have a better mg and a more accurate main gun, but the rof is the same as the ost panther.
27 May 2016, 08:49 AM

The OKW Panther also costs 200 fuel, while Ost costs 175. The Teching cost is an ailment that has haunted Ost since release, and should obviously be changed or treated like a bug or whatever.
27 May 2016, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 00:32 AMSmaug
a simple and easy fix can be to switch the vet2 and vet3 bonus on the panther. vet2 would give it higher rate of fire and vet3 could give it its massive armor.
That would be a straight up nerf to the Panther. Getting vet 2 is its only saving grace. And getting that later can hardly be compensated.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 08:49 AMDomine
The OKW Panther also costs 200 fuel, while Ost costs 175. The Teching cost is an ailment that has haunted Ost since release, and should obviously be changed or treated like a bug or whatever.
The higher cost was more to adjust OKW teching after the full income change. Before that it came at the same unit cost. So the adjusted price for the OKW vehicle shouldn´t be seen as the justification for it having better stats.
27 May 2016, 13:30 PM

There was no point quoting me and just saying every unit I mentioned in my post is Okay/Finish/Okayish, even if you were %100 right.

Try to let others have their opinion and say.

I don't think you understand how a forum works.........
27 May 2016, 13:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 12:29 PMButcher
That would be a straight up nerf to the Panther. Getting vet 2 is its only saving grace. And getting that later can hardly be compensated.

I suppose he's figuring that he'd rather get an offensive bonus earlier so if he keeps the Panther damaging without taking too much fire, he'll vet up faster.

But yeah, I'd definitely prefer being tougher so I'm not as likely to lose it before vet 3 too.
27 May 2016, 14:20 PM

Did they ninja buff the katyusha?

Also it is not just brits who give OST a hard time. SU with their durable support teams, free shrecks and 45Muni PPsh can create frustrating moment for OST players.

Ost is the best designed faction in the game.
Actually that is just a meme, or rather an excuse to keep the OP factions dominant and the underdog must remain underdog. "OST is fine don't touch it, I wanna keep smashing them lul"
27 May 2016, 19:12 PM

Did they ninja buff the katyusha?

Also it is not just brits who give OST a hard time. SU with their durable support teams, free shrecks and 45Muni PPsh can create frustrating moment for OST players.

Actually that is just a meme, or rather an excuse to keep the OP factions dominant and the underdog must remain underdog. "OST is fine don't touch it, I wanna keep smashing them lul"
no ost is the best design faction the problem is relic , when they made the new factions they only tried to improve from the existing one so that came up with broken uncounterable faction with almost no draw back
28 May 2016, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 12:29 PMButcher
The higher cost was more to adjust OKW teching after the full income change. Before that it came at the same unit cost. So the adjusted price for the OKW vehicle shouldn´t be seen as the justification for it having better stats.

Before it didn't come at same unit cost, it came at 175 * 1,5 which is 262 fuel. This is an obviously retardedly high cost for a vehicle with a mediocre performance, and so it was put at 200 after fuelcost removal, because OKW was scoring 38% winrates whereas other factions had them in the 70%~

Long story short your argument doesn't make sense
28 May 2016, 14:10 PM

The other factions definitely need to be brought in line with Ostheer. It's too difficult to buff a near-perfect faction without making them OP. The only change needed for Ostheer would involve:
  • Ostwind - Accuracy Buff
  • Tiger - Frontal Armor Buff
  • Squad Spacing - Increased for less RNG squad-wipes
  • etc.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W