Login

russian armor

Ostheer lategame needs a buff

23 May 2016, 00:19 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2016, 21:22 PMVuther

Your new answer just has me thoroughly confused what your actual point is now.

> OP says OST needs lategame buff

> random says 'just play balance mod :DDDddDD'

> does this solve anything?

idk in what world solving a problem in vCOH2 by telling someone to play a beta/preview is a good way to fix an issue. Meanwhile there are no lategame unit buffs for OST on this clown USF propaganda mod, cost reduction for buildings won't fix any lategame issues OST might (!!) have.

But hey, at least usf blobbing isnt an issue in 1v1 according to mirageNA x--dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

i mean, if a girl called paula d can reach top 10 usf players by permablobbing there is nothing wrong with it :DD 100% working as intended :D!!! better nerf okw amirite guise :DD!!
23 May 2016, 07:09 AM

"play the balance mod/preview" isnt a viable solution for his problem, is it ;D

It is, because it features changes that will happen to the faction with the patch(aka ate game buff), therefore invalidating his bitching.
23 May 2016, 20:47 PM

IMO wehr is one of the more balanced factions. At least in team games anyway. I feel like everyone (especially OKW) should be brought in line with Ost.

They don't have too many gimp units (stormtroopers and AI panzergrens kind of suck).
23 May 2016, 22:14 PM

I don't know what you guys are smoking. Whermacht late game is perfectly viable, if not more than enough for a come back.

People need to realize is your build order matters in late game too. I see people teching for T4 when they pick a Tiger commander. Certain maps, you have to agree that the Tiger and doctrine as a whole works perfectly.
23 May 2016, 23:54 PM

i feel like Ostheer has to be pretty careful what they pick for commanders when entering the 2v2+ scene. For 3v3+ gamemodes the tiger is RARELY a good option. 4v4s especially are more about taking out enemies without sustaining casualties so your army slowly becomes more vetted than that of your enemy. Imho, the most useful commanders for ostheer 3v3+ are spotting scopes since it benefits 3x the amount of players. Get a 222 with spotting scopes, place him in a centralized spot off the frontline and see what the enemy is doing. Give sight for your indirect fire, TDs, infantry, ATGs, and HMGs and you already have a huge advantage over your enemy.

Best 4v4 cmdr for ostheer IS jaeger armor.
24 May 2016, 05:17 AM

ost is fine in 1v1

micro your sniper and screen with osttruppen

also go 2x 222 to prevent allied light vehicles from wrecking your shit
24 May 2016, 08:11 AM

The only Ostheer units that need buffs right now are the Ostwind, Sd.Kfz 250, and the LeFH (along with the other howitzers). Possibly the Sd.Kfz 251 as well (although not really sure what could be done there). I could see the rather useless Med Kit getting reworked as well.

The Panther could conceivably get a rate-of-fire buff in conjunction with a penetration nerf to make it perform better against mediums without making it too strong against heavies, but I'd be reluctant to make any changes until the Balance Preview's T4 cost adjustments are implemented.

24 May 2016, 08:46 AM

The only Ostheer units that need buffs right now are the Ostwind, Sd.Kfz 250, and the LeFH (along with the other howitzers). Possibly the Sd.Kfz 251 as well (although not really sure what could be done there). I could see the rather useless Med Kit getting reworked as well.

251 is getting considerable buff on preview mod.

The Panther could conceivably get a rate-of-fire buff in conjunction with a penetration nerf to make it perform better against mediums without making it too strong against heavies, but I'd be reluctant to make any changes until the Balance Preview's T4 cost adjustments are implemented.

Umm, StuG?

Panther beats meds 1v1 easily, but its not the most efficient unit for that, its supposed to be used against high armor targets.

Pretty much same deal as new SU-85 vs SU-76.
24 May 2016, 08:49 AM

In my opinion is not dat ost need buff but instead all the other faction need nerf
24 May 2016, 08:54 AM

In my opinion is not dat ost need buff but instead all the other faction need nerf
No, that is the other way around.
24 May 2016, 09:58 AM
Patrion 14

i think ostheer is right. if UP, i think all other factions are OP.

To 2v2+ player, i feel Ostheer at any point is neither ridiculously UP or OP. on the contrary, some okw and ukf units with some vet are just stupid good. usf to some degrees too.

i do not want to see Ostheer getting their own version (in terms of strength) of vet3 double bar/bren rifle/section or vet3+ ober etc etc.

all other factions should get their strengths checked.
24 May 2016, 10:37 AM

Ostheer is the only faction with perfect design.

No cheese, no OP units, everything is plain and simple.

It's WFA and Brits which make OST looking bad.
24 May 2016, 11:33 AM

No cheese, no OP units, everything is plain and simple.

Was a long way to get there though :romeoHairDay:
Also, stun nades cancel retreat.
24 May 2016, 12:04 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2016, 07:09 AMKatitof

It is, because it features changes that will happen to the faction with the patch(aka ate game buff), therefore invalidating his bitching.

x--d nice logic no wonder this game is invested with cancerrandoms that only blob with usf
24 May 2016, 22:10 PM

ost is fine in 1v1

micro your sniper and screen with osttruppen

also go 2x 222 to prevent allied light vehicles from wrecking your shit

When did "locking the player down into exactly one viable strategy" become the shining example of good faction design?

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 08:46 AMKatitof

251 is getting considerable buff on preview mod.

Wow, it has a cheaper flamethrower upgrade. I'm impressed! There's only a slight problem: Even with the flamer it is still total rubbish, because it dies to everything farting at it. How is it supposed to take out garrisons, if the unit inside the garrison can bring it down to less than half health before they are even slightly in danger from the flames? Heck, even the Universal Carrier (a unit that doesn't need much convincing to be shown as severely lacking) has more armour...

-----------------------------

I don't think the Ostheer lategame in general is a problem. The balance preview finally somewhat corrects the ridiculous teching situation (it still does nothing to reduce the retarded time constraint through research and base building or the inability to go for unorthodox strategies by skipping teching of a certain Tier because you still have to research it). This finally brings Panther strategies up to the other factions's tank play, especially as the Pansy IV still stays as overpriced for its performance as it is (although that performance is largely due to the Cromwell, the Cost/Performance-matchup against the Sherman works a bit better).

I'd rather have the early game adjusted to allow as many different ways as the other factions do. Revert the 222 health buff, and instead bring both the 251 and the 222 up en par in terms of armour. That greatly increases their performance against infantry while keeping them vulnerable against other vehicles (also: FIX THE BLOODY MG ON THE 222! It's over 2 years that we have that bug, Relic, it's not that hard!). This not only would open up other ways to play, it would also finally allow the Ostheer some decisions.

Meanwhile, adding some things could greatly increase the behaviour of the faction in general. Some kind of forward retreat point would be greatly welcome, and make life especially against the US a lot easier. This would only be fair, considering that buffs the major will get. Of course, some sort of implementation of forward retreat points would then be necessary for the Soviets as well.
24 May 2016, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 11:33 AMKatitof

Was a long way to get there though :romeoHairDay:
Also, stun nades cancel retreat.

L2Retreat

I've never lost a squad to stun nades.
25 May 2016, 17:13 PM

L2Retreat

You must be one of the few people that get away. I have seen that bug so many times.
25 May 2016, 17:41 PM

L2Retreat

It is not a L2P issue. The grenade is thrown quickly, and if it hits one member of a squad the entire squad could be halted. This is like saying if you see an Ost squad approaching you just retreat immediately. Also good players can throw them in retreat paths, how are you going to stop that?
25 May 2016, 17:42 PM

You must be one of the few people that get away. I have seen that bug so many times.

Or one of the many people who were never on the receiving end :snfPeter:

Also, WHAT IS HIS POST COUNT!?

25 May 2016, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 17:42 PMKatitof

Or one of the many people who were never on the receiving end :snfPeter:

Also, WHAT IS HIS POST COUNT!?

Well, I certainly dont dedicate myself to forums tho I make up with my fancy stats.

With enough micro stun nades aren't a problem, just gotta keep an eye on your units, it comes with practice

Or use tactical controll group. :luvDerp:

PS: At 10k we shall rename to katitof2.org
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight