Login

russian armor

(may preview) jackson sight buff and veterancy bonus

2 May 2016, 07:46 AM

Buffed Fireflies

It loses the ability to burst med tanks instantly and in turn becomes bit more reliable and a CC unit.
How is that a buff? If anything, its role alteration.

buffed SU-85s

Cost got increased, reload was reduced, vet was adjusted.
Its now a tank destroyer that destroys tanks, not rapid fire slot machine of RNG.
Its more reliable while being less bursty/deadly. Its weaker vs meds and removes soviet doctrinal armor dependency vs heavies.

versus weaker German heavies

???

Mark my words. There is going to be no reason to go for German armor but Panzer IV. Typical nerf + buff bullshit Relic did every patch.

Heavies becoming AN option instead of THE option?
How terrible! You will actually consider using a doctrine without a Tiger after 3 years!
2 May 2016, 09:55 AM
Patrion 14

Jackson was the most babysitting unit in the game, so I welcome this buff.

though now with shreck blobs removed, not sure why it would need the sight range buff.

2 May 2016, 10:10 AM

Yes Axis doesn't need to destroy any tanks

Btw, Heavy Tanks:
Axis - 6 (KT, JT, Sturm, Tiger, Ele, TA)
Allies - 9 (Pershing, ISU, IS2, KV1, KV2, KV8, Churchill, Croc, AVRE)

Axis 2 factions, Allies 3 factions, seems legit that they have more. Think before you write.
2 May 2016, 11:20 AM

Axis 2 factions, Allies 3 factions, seems legit that they have more. Think before you write.

Plus he thinks Pershing, KV-1 and KV-8 are heavy tanks :romeoHype:

Shows how biased he is only. :snfBarton:
2 May 2016, 11:37 AM

3. Self-spotting TDs is not a good idea (for the same reasons that omni-potent Volks is not a good idea either).

I completely agree with Firesparks on this one. However, for the reasons outlined in #1 and #2, I am more in favour of toning down the Vet2 bonus. This is because of reasons #1 and #2, and also the fact if you make a single mistake with the Jacksons, they are dead (and flop goes their Vet).

An alternative would be to change the Vet2 bonus to +10% (for a grand total 50 sight range at Vet2).

Spotting scope has been there since beginning, allow all ostheer armor to self spot for 30 munition, pay once.

It stack with 222 vet2, allow map hack (And I had been accursed by using it).

I have never seen the combo of Panther Command + 222 vet 2 + Scope since game is often over by the time the combo is success, but you can guess how broken it is.
2 May 2016, 11:42 AM

Plus he thinks Pershing, KV-1 and KV-8 are heavy tanks :romeoHype:

Shows how biased he is only. :snfBarton:

I agree, they are ultra heavy tanks

2 May 2016, 12:56 PM

Spotting scope has been there since beginning, allow all ostheer armor to self spot for 30 munition, pay once.

For spotting scopes, at least you have the trade-off between moving (including) and spotting. Also, the longest-range tank that benefits from it has range 50 (Panther or Stugs). I don't even want to imagine what a self-spotting Elefant would have looked like.

Range 60 self-spotting tank with no mobility trade-off might be a bit trickier (*cough* JP4 *cough*).

It stack with 222 vet2, allow map hack (And I had been accursed by using it).

I think I prefer the idea of having to use scout vehicles into the late-game (T70, 222, etc), as opposed to having self-spotting tanks. That is, assuming that the vehicles meant for scouting are:
- Cheap, but not dirt-cheap
- The sight range they provide is short enough so that they have to be slightly exposed.

222 + Spotting scopes is broken and completely fails both requirements I mentioned. However, it is easier to fix 222 + spotting scope combo than breaking every other faction to match this cheese.

The easiest way is to make scoping scope upgrade exclusive with other buffs -- similar to how USF Pershing commander "Combined Arms" works. You are the one that found the Pershing bug, so you know what I mean!

I have never seen the combo of Panther Command + 222 vet 2 + Scope since game is often over by the time the combo is success, but you can guess how broken it is.

Command Panther aura is +20 sight range (additive, not multiplicative). God (222) already has an insane spotting range, though. I don't think this will make a noticeable difference.
2 May 2016, 13:01 PM

If it has mobility why not take panther instead ?

because I just explained that exact detail to you

l2read
2 May 2016, 15:09 PM

For spotting scopes, at least you have the trade-off between moving (including) and spotting. Also, the longest-range tank that benefits from it has range 50 (Panther or Stugs). I don't even want to imagine what a self-spotting Elefant would have looked like.

Range 60 self-spotting tank with no mobility trade-off might be a bit trickier (*cough* JP4 *cough*).

I think I prefer the idea of having to use scout vehicles into the late-game (T70, 222, etc), as opposed to having self-spotting tanks. That is, assuming that the vehicles meant for scouting are:
- Cheap, but not dirt-cheap
- The sight range they provide is short enough so that they have to be slightly exposed.

222 + Spotting scopes is broken and completely fails both requirements I mentioned. However, it is easier to fix 222 + spotting scope combo than breaking every other faction to match this cheese.

The easiest way is to make scoping scope upgrade exclusive with other buffs -- similar to how USF Pershing commander "Combined Arms" works. You are the one that found the Pershing bug, so you know what I mean!

Command Panther aura is +20 sight range (additive, not multiplicative). God (222) already has an insane spotting range, though. I don't think this will make a noticeable difference.

Elephant with 100 range, self spotting to over that (Focus Forward), and in a commander with Stuka dive bomb, those were the early days of 3v3 and 4v4, a cold, bitter time.

The 222 with spotting scope and commander panther, although it is additive, is actually more impressive then it sounds. Since area exposed increases by the square root and distance only linearly, the amount actually covered with a commander panther nearby is quite substantial. On steppes without at CmP you can see all of top munitions. With a Commander Panther you can park safely in middle and see almost to their first cap point while giving some LoS to island. Oh and 222 shoots down planes.

On topic, Jacksons should not be able to self spot to more than 50 range, but if they give up vet somewhere they should gain a buff elsewhere.

Whoever said that OKW does not have access to a heavy hitting unit like the Jackson in the CmP, you are not using the unit correctly. With MT, which you should have at every available attack, your CmP does more damage per shot than the Jackson and is far more accurate, it also shoots at lower armor values on average will maintaining high penetration values.
2 May 2016, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 09:55 AMLooney

though now with shreck blobs removed, not sure why it would need the sight range buff.

Just some random, arbitrary change by some bored fellas.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★