Login

russian armor

M10 call-in is too strong compared to Puma call-in

28 Apr 2016, 15:54 PM

Actually, I've noticed that I've kinda pulled that phrase out of context.
His point was valid (about unit diversity), but still doesn't explains why Puma should be more cost efficient.

Did you use the su76 before its buff? thee puma has the same problem
28 Apr 2016, 16:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 08:34 AMVuther

Hm? It's smaller than M10, SU-76, M15A1, Stuart, and it's the same size as Luchs, T-70 & AEC. Pretty sure only the glass cars like Kubel and WC51 are smaller than that.

like always, Its just a randumb player talking out of his ass
28 Apr 2016, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 08:34 AMVuther

Hm? It's smaller than M10, SU-76, M15A1, Stuart, and it's the same size as Luchs, T-70 & AEC. Pretty sure only the glass cars like Kubel and WC51 are smaller than that.
well seems like someone forgot to mention it has the same target size as the Cromwell
Btw all the unit has some decent form of AI but puma ?
It has less armor than aec
28 Apr 2016, 18:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

well seems like someone forgot to mention it has the same target size as the Cromwell
Btw all the unit has some decent form of AI but puma ?
It has less armor than aec

That's not because the Puma's big, that's because the Cromwell is redonk.

Like how the 251 isn't too tough of a halftrack, the USF M3 is just stupidly made of glass.
28 Apr 2016, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 18:27 PMVuther

That's not because the Puma's big, that's because the Cromwell is redonk.

Like how the 251 isn't too tough of a halftrack, the USF M3 is just stupidly made of glass.

still my point stand it has low accuracy (on the move) and same target size as tank or aec with less armor and no ai at least fix accuracy on the move to 75% or lower target size
28 Apr 2016, 20:05 PM

I don't think you understand the differences between Broodwar and CoH2 very much.

I'm using Brood War as an example. Even Dawn of War 2 had a far more dynamic metagame than CoH2 does.
30 Apr 2016, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 15:54 PMZyllen

Did you use the su76 before its buff? thee puma has the same problem

Except for time of arrival and having a turret (being able to get behind AND shoot) smoke, a good vet ability, actually GREAT vet ability that can be used to do everything from stun to wipe retreating squads...also not in the same late game tier as a REAL (relative to the unit) tank destroyer.
1 May 2016, 00:19 AM

This thread is still going?

I'll just make my statement of the day.

Why is there a comparison thread between a medium tank destroyer to a heavy armored car with good abilities? The M10 is tank destroyer which should have decent damage output against medium armor and great damage to any light vehicle.
1 May 2016, 10:49 AM

Except for time of arrival and having a turret (being able to get behind AND shoot)

how is this an advantage compared to the su76 that can fully use its 60 range and is a lot more safer to use?

smoke, a good vet ability, actually GREAT vet ability that can be used to do everything from stun to wipe retreating squads

I still consider additional range penetration and free arty barrages a way better deal.

...also not in the same late game tier as a REAL (relative to the unit) tank destroyer.

It doesn't matter what you think. If its a LV hunter its badly overpriced with 2 222 or aec doing a way better job in pure cost efficiency. if its a medium tank hunter it simply has to little penetration. and i dont want a buff that will put it on par with other TD's because it does come earlier but i do expect it to be able to penetrate most medium tanks 66% of the time and not 40 % of the time it does now.
1 May 2016, 11:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 10:49 AMZyllen

how is this an advantage compared to the su76 that can fully use its 60 range and is a lot more safer to use?

I still consider additional range penetration and free arty barrages a way better deal.

It always had those aspects back when it was total crap.
1 May 2016, 11:46 AM
Patrion 310

Puma is awesome because it can do this :D

1 May 2016, 11:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Puma is awesome because it can do this :D

Glorious gibs
1 May 2016, 11:56 AM

Panic Puma is always a bad idea.

It exists purely to lose games for people.

True for the current game status. For upcoming patch I would say early Puma could prove as a must.
1 May 2016, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 11:28 AMVuther

It always had those aspects back when it was total crap.

The only thing they changed was the penetration. also the only thing they did for the stug after spending 2 years being useless was buffing the penetration
1 May 2016, 14:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 12:56 PMZyllen

The only thing they changed was the penetration. also the only thing they did for the stug after spending 2 years being useless was buffing the penetration

SU-76's tier also got changed to arrive earlier than before which definitely contributed to being horrendous while the Puma doesn't have that problem.
1 May 2016, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 10:49 AMZyllen

It doesn't matter what you think. If its a LV hunter its badly overpriced with 2 222 or aec doing a way better job in pure cost efficiency. if its a medium tank hunter it simply has to little penetration. and i dont want a buff that will put it on par with other TD's because it does come earlier but i do expect it to be able to penetrate most medium tanks 66% of the time and not 40 % of the time it does now.

(on mobile so sorry this wont look as pretty as your reply)
60 range meant very little because it had garbage pen and it delayed your su85, it had garbage pen and lower damage (iirc the pen at min was something like 120-140 range) the su76 had 0 guarantee to pen anything short of a 222, the puma has enough pen to frontally pen a t34 100% of the time at point blank and a turret to ensure that it doesn't need to be it the firing line to do it.

The puma and the su76 (even the old one) have different designs for their intended roles, one is designed to flank, one is designed for long range support. I use the puma 100% of the game that I play as the okw, I use the su76 when I dont have t34/85s loaded because the Soviet t4 is (imo) not worth the teching and the su76 is sufficient. Another thing worth noting is that the allies have Tds that call be invalidated by a good flank with a puma, the paper mache Jackson, the Soviet casemates, the slow rotation on the firefly. And not to discount the utility of the muni free barrage on the su76, aimed shot has FAR more utility, when used on a machine gun it forces it to redeploy, it stuns at guns and assault guns, it locks the turret on tanks, im 90% sure it causes engine damage or something on light vehcles and it is a guaranteed kill on infantry targets... Oh and it is 100% accurate, ive used it to insta Gib a retreating brit sniper.. Try that with an su76..

On the topic of range, it is out ranged by dedicated hard AT, but it out ranges normal tanks and incredibly can utilize heat shells for increased pen and damage.... Seriously the ONLY way the su76 is better than a puma is a 1 on 1 fight with no micro..
3 May 2016, 15:57 PM

True for the current game status. For upcoming patch I would say early Puma could prove as a must.

Why do you say that? Both T3 and T4 are cheaper than ever.
4 May 2016, 07:27 AM

Why do you say that? Both T3 and T4 are cheaper than ever.

Well, because the AT options you have as OKW if you start with medic truck can prove themselves....unsatisfying. Not 100% sure about this, must test more tough.

Had a game where my oponent was somewhat surprised by the fausts (not being accomodated with volks having fausts) otherwise he could create alot more trouble.
4 May 2016, 12:00 PM

m10= tank, 8cp
Puma= light veicle, 5 cp

wtf man
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
unknown 30
Russian Federation 72

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias