Login

russian armor

What is USF answer to Koenigstiger

26 Apr 2016, 00:39 AM

Well, I haven't faced off a King Tiger for a long time, but my idea of responding to the King Tiger is to have two Shermans, one Jackson, a single 57mm anti-tank gun, and/or a Stuart to have the useful abilities of stunning the King Tiger or damaging its engine.

I forgot about the stuart but you make a really good point. Whenever I've had a stuart on the field when a KT arrives I've been able to seriously hamper the KT by using stun rounds. It won't stun the KT but it will blind the tank making it impossible to return fire if the KT is being used as a spearhead.
26 Apr 2016, 00:45 AM

if its only a KT then jacksons will work.

if its a teamgame and jagdtiger is on the field as well, then good luck to you,
26 Apr 2016, 04:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 00:45 AMwongtp
if its only a KT then jacksons will work.

if its a teamgame and jagdtiger is on the field as well, then good luck to you,

Cant do both bro. Its either a Jagh or a KT.
Team games are different.

Back on topic, as USF you go following order:
Enter
Type "GG No RE"
Press alt + f4
Go brew some team to cool off
26 Apr 2016, 04:48 AM

I've been out of the loop, but did P47's go limp while I wasn't looking?
26 Apr 2016, 04:56 AM

Ie your base?

Also keep in mind that a kt is always supported by vet2+ falls (raping at all ranges), vet 5 volks (sniping at the maximum range) and puppchens.

Let's be honest, if the KT is supported by falls and volks reaches your base, the issue is from PBKAC. Most of the time, it doesn't get anywhere near because thats how you lose you KT
26 Apr 2016, 04:57 AM

What's the deal with the KT these days? It never received any buffs in the last years as far as I remember and got really hard nerfs.

It's clumsy, slow, has awful maneuvrability (English can be hard sometimes, wow) and its range is also pretty bad. It is somehow the counterpart to the IS2, stronger, but slower (and I don't feel like every shot bounces of my KT all the time, though it has higher armour afaik, but that is probably a Axis player placebo effect :snfPeter: ).

Jacksons are great against a KT. Most Allied tank destroyers outrange it by far (SU85, Jackson, Firefly). Yesterday I almost lost a game against a Soviet player that played that sucky Soviet commander with the DshKa (which is one of the most awful commanders in the whole game), only because he had a Vet3 SU85 parked at the VP impaling my KT like Long Dong Silver (and probably because I suck, but that's not the topic atm).

Even a single M10 can kill a KT without a single bit of damage. A supported King Tiger is a beast, but that's your fault then because a KT costs immense amounts of ressources which are mostly needed to refresh troops as OKW.

Also the P47 makes every KT retreat immediately as it gets massive damage from the rockets shooting at its rear.

It's not about killing the King Tiger, the KT gets vet as slow as a turtle (I once had a 100 kills KT close to Vet 2) and there can only be one at a time, blocking 24 pop. You have to make it retreat. Let the KT advance, beat the devil out of it and make it retreat again.
26 Apr 2016, 05:09 AM

You pretty much have to choke the life out of the OKW player before he gets the KT. Punish him in the early and mid-game so that he's forced to invest in medium armor to stay in the game. That way he'll never have the ability to stockpile the resources necessary for a KT without you wiping him off the map.

If the game really drags and you know the KT is coming, you basically need to rely on Jacksons and a smattering of Bazooka infantry (Captain + REs). Don't forget you can pop the Jackson crew out and abuse pop cap. So rely on your Vet 3 Rifles w/ x2 BAR that should be alive to clear infantry, then about 2-3 Jacksons + Zooks and hopefully a 57 mm as well.

When all else fails and you suck at this game like me, rely on the Calliope.

26 Apr 2016, 12:24 PM

Permanently Banned

It's clumsy, slow, has awful maneuvrability (English can be hard sometimes, wow) and its range is also pretty bad.

:lol:
26 Apr 2016, 20:03 PM

The answer is abstract: Massed firepower. If you're going even with him the entire game, you're doing it wrong. You should have some sort of advantage, be it position, resources, or otherwise with a dominant army. To defeat the KT, press whatever advantage you have on it's SUPPORT UNITS.

If you have map position, pin them together and drop arty. If you have force advantage, fight around the KT or push the enemy into a a bottleneck then drop arty. If you have resources, call down abilities like crazy.

If you have no advantage, uh, hit, run, and pray.
26 Apr 2016, 20:19 PM

What I do to beat the King Tiger is:
1st (if i didn't recruit the captain) Recruit the captain!
2nd (if you didn't unlock the bazookas) GRAB BAZOOKAS!!!
3rd Every infantry unit must have a bazooka
4th Build 57mm AT gun, they are very useful against kingtiger, 2 are enough, more are even better
5th Use Riflemen AT nades, they will surely make damage

Optional:
- Jacksons/Pershing attacking KT's rear
- P47s Air bombardment

What i recommend is avoiding the use of tanks against the KT, what i do is infantry vs the KT and the sherman vs the infantry which usually is supporting KT's advance like Volksgrenadier with Panzerschreck (yes, change Shermans shells with incendiary, you have to kill the infantry to let your infantry + AT gun fight against the KT)
It's obvious that if KT is supported by tanks (usually are Panthers) and volksgrenadier with panzerschreck my tactic is:
- AT guns vs the supporting tanks
- Infantry vs the supporting tanks as first, then against the KT
- Shermans vs the infantry
I recommend only a Jackson behind the AT guns to fire against the KT
Pershing is the only tank which can work with the infantry to destroy the KT

What i try to create is a Bazooka storm, yes it's not like Panzerschreck storm but being cheaper makes it more spammable, and very very dangerous even versus the KT.

PS: the main problem is that KT is very expensive and at first you shouldn't make OKW able to get a KT and it's obvious for USF that beating it would be expensive too, only if you're fighting against a single KT without support, it's a walk in the park, but players aren't stupid and you won't see this often, so be prepeared to suffer
26 Apr 2016, 20:51 PM

M20 mines.

If I use an M20 as USF, I do my best to try and lace the map with mines to deal with the onslaught of Axis armor. If a luchs, p4 pr panther hit it, then that is just as good, but it's hard to keep an M20 around after the earliest stages of the game.

I've found that you've got to score that engine crit or the KT will be able to crawl its way to safety more often than not. I also try to steal axis AT guns for the job through the game. Honestly raketens are preferable to the 57mm mostly for the retreat feature. If it's a team game you also have the potential for things like Soviet Mark Target or stealing Ostheer paks.

The main thing to be sure of is to neeever try to capture a point that a KT is camping. It's probably the best tank for gibbing squads as they try to cap.
27 Apr 2016, 09:26 AM

Depends on the game mode, the map, how the kt is being used and where the okw sim city is situated.

If there are the standard 4 volks with schrecks, 2 rakketens and mines everywhere then without a doubt an re zook army is probably the most cost efficient and likely to succeed. Smoke up the area with kt or where flak truck is then in the confusion get capt behind kt and hit "On Me".
Multiple zooks and snares should take it down quite quickly.

Ultimately using multiple pieces of at will take it down especially if you use the special abilities available to you like smoke, ap rounds on at gun, pershing, jackson and stuart stun.

The biggest problem is what units are supporting the kt. You cannot square off against okw and kt and fight war of attrition otherwise you will loose. Snipe with jacksons if possible and wait until the right opportunity presents itself and then go for knockout punch..
27 Apr 2016, 11:14 AM

Spam m10 you should have around 4-5 by the time he has KT you can even skip tier 3 for a while
nee
27 Apr 2016, 11:50 AM

I always thought the answer was to make sure OKW player doesn't get 310 fuel/ not all three trucks deployed...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 57
unknown 7
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak