Login

russian armor

Panzer II is built way too fast

17 Apr 2016, 09:02 AM

OKW vs Soviets is not balanced IMO, it can go either way depending on the players choice, in your level of play if the Soviet guy goes maxim spam,it's gg for you, if not gg for him.
17 Apr 2016, 09:03 AM

Don't understand how Zis is good vs Luch but not SU76.
17 Apr 2016, 09:19 AM

Actually soviets don't have any problems agasint Luchs.

ZiS, T70, Guards, AT Partisants, AT Nades...
17 Apr 2016, 09:47 AM

People go t1 snipers vs OKW? :sibHyena:
17 Apr 2016, 09:50 AM

don't go T1 vs OKW. just don't do it. you can at least see that you're playing OKW during load screen, so don't do it.

don't do it.

get a ZiS up early and position it well. protect it with cons or a maxim. be prepared for the luchs. usually if he pushes and instantly takes a ZiS round he'll back off and be wary from that point on.
17 Apr 2016, 10:31 AM

Does PAnzer II comes to early? - Yes at least slightly, but I think this will change once they will introduce side tech options for OKW, that will make a direct Panzer II tech a lot more risky for OKW player.

Does soviet has a problem with it? - No, its more like the Panzer II forces you into a build or commander choice. Btw. did you tried Soviet Reserve Army? It is one of the standard commanders and I think it works nicely. Backdraw: You are sacrifing doctrinal tanks like T34/85 and any kind of elite infantry. On the other side AT-Partisans are solving your issues with early Panzer II + PPSH upgrade and Rapid Conscription makes up a little bit for missing elite infantry + Vehicle Repair and ML-20 coming in handy in long term.

I personally feel fast Panzer II is much more of a problem for brits. It really forces you to go for an AEC, if you haven't it when the Panzer II shows up you are pretty fucked. One 6pdr as the most expensive AT-Gun is easily circled while british infantry do not have a non-doctrinal snare and you will never hit a fast moving luchs with piats unless your opponent fails with vehicle movement.
aaa
17 Apr 2016, 11:25 AM

Okw is very retarded faction. Very retarded. Luchs timing is not the main issue. For okw Every unit type comes a lot faster/cheaper not only luchs.
    Extremely noob frendly faction. Literaly no skill required.

Ive heard that wfa release was a mistake. Not sure about anything else but it seems the case with okw.
    17 Apr 2016, 13:04 PM

People go t1 snipers vs OKW? :sibHyena:

Yeah. Penal batt is excellent vs OKW and sniper is necessary vs obers. M3A1 is also nice for kubel hunting.

In general T1 is pretty solid vs OKW.
    17 Apr 2016, 13:30 PM

It can be really tough on some maps with exposed cut off points such as northern spawn on Langreskaya and Crossroads. Get guards as soon as you can, get at least two of them against early luchs rush. Just make sure to keep them in a good defensive position when that little fucker is coming at you.
    17 Apr 2016, 13:45 PM
    Admin Red  Badge

Cleaned up some off-topic posts. Please quit it with the playercard asking. Try to help the author instead.
    17 Apr 2016, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2016, 11:25 AMaaa
      Okw is very retarded faction. Very retarded. Luchs timing is not the main issue. For okw Every unit type comes a lot faster/cheaper not only luchs.
      Extremely noob frendly faction. Literaly no skill required.

Ive heard that wfa release was a mistake. Not sure about anything else but it is certanly the case with okw.

Weren't you banned ?
      17 Apr 2016, 14:20 PM

That's not mystery at all. Even 222 cars can destroy Su-76s, just because SU has veeery low armor, specially in back. SU-76 is not medium tank at all - it is light tank with med-tank gun.

So, Luchs can destroy SU, there is nothing specific in that.

In a way it is, because there is question of priorities. I know the SU-76 can take damage and be killed by the 222 and Luchs. I'm just questioning how an SU-76 was allowed to get killed in the first place. I could see getting killed by a at least a StuG or a Puma. Unless the player who started this thread had happened to get the SU-76 in a crossfire of Volksgrenadiers and the Luchs finished it off.
      17 Apr 2016, 19:51 PM

I dont go tier 2 often i usually go tier 1 and supplment my AT with Guards. Solid micro and smart unit placement you can usually knock out most enemy light vehicles with at nade from cons and light ptrd with guards. In some cases if you time it well you could even knock out a ostwind.

Last but not least, repeat after me, mines mines mines save russian lives....oh who iam kidding russian lives dont matter only Stalin's matter #notAstepBackorBeShotforTreason :)
      17 Apr 2016, 20:35 PM
      Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2016, 19:51 PMGenObi
      Last but not least, repeat after me, mines mines mines save russian lives....oh who iam kidding russian lives dont matter only Stalin's matter #notAstepBackorBeShotforTreason :)

When you come across a minefield, you will attack as if it were not there!
      17 Apr 2016, 20:49 PM

Does PAnzer II comes to early? - Yes at least slightly, but I think this will change once they will introduce side tech options for OKW, that will make a direct Panzer II tech a lot more risky for OKW player.

Does soviet has a problem with it? - No, its more like the Panzer II forces you into a build or commander choice. Btw. did you tried Soviet Reserve Army? It is one of the standard commanders and I think it works nicely. Backdraw: You are sacrifing doctrinal tanks like T34/85 and any kind of elite infantry. On the other side AT-Partisans are solving your issues with early Panzer II + PPSH upgrade and Rapid Conscription makes up a little bit for missing elite infantry + Vehicle Repair and ML-20 coming in handy in long term.

I personally feel fast Panzer II is much more of a problem for brits. It really forces you to go for an AEC, if you haven't it when the Panzer II shows up you are pretty fucked. One 6pdr as the most expensive AT-Gun is easily circled while british infantry do not have a non-doctrinal snare and you will never hit a fast moving luchs with piats unless your opponent fails with vehicle movement.

Has it been confirmed somewhere side teching is coming?
      17 Apr 2016, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2016, 20:35 PMVuther

When you come across a minefield, you will attack as if it were not there!

In soviet russia your the mine sweeper!
      Vaz
      18 Apr 2016, 08:07 AM

you're
      18 Apr 2016, 08:38 AM

I'd really wish the state office would be as active as this god damn balance section. Almost all of the stuff here is useless. It's not even funny. Just the same thing over and over again.

Why not ask what to do against early Luchs? Hell if that thing was so OP I wouldn't loose every second game against Soviets!
      18 Apr 2016, 11:23 AM

Has it been confirmed somewhere side teching is coming?

There are some users around here that stated in other posts that there were hints and statements in official streams that relic is into this. So I'm willing in believing this.
      18 Apr 2016, 11:29 AM

What is this side teching you speak of?
      1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
        Steam Alias
        W
        L
        %
        Streak
      Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight