Login

russian armor

Panzer II is built way too fast

16 Apr 2016, 23:58 PM

For some faction to be able to react to.
I'm sorry but reacting to this shit as soviets, it means having impecable game from start to finish, and we all know it never happens all that much.

Explain to me how do you even counter this shit when you decided (for all the wrong reasons) to go with tier 1?

SU76 absolutely suck against it.
AT-Nades are no good, if you're not blobbing.
T-70 dies against schrek blob.

The only good thing is to have a present ZiS, but imagine that your game was fucked up at some point and you didn't have enough MP, no comeback allowed?

Come the fuck on, even a 222 comes later in game.
At least make the T-70 cheaper since it dies fast and does no good damage against the blob.
17 Apr 2016, 00:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Don't go t1. Seriously, everyone knows it's bad in 1v1. Until the soviet patch comes out don't bother with it unless you want to dual tech and get out a zis. Guards can also help if you go t1, but don't count on it. If you don't want zis go conspam and get at nades, wait for that sweet sweet t-70.
17 Apr 2016, 00:03 AM

So that's it? because okw breaks the balance as always, I'm just condemned to conspam in every game?
I want to get ZiS, but it's not easy against rushing sturmpios that can happen anytime, or blob counter.

Again, the problem is that the panzer II comes out way too fast for what it is.
This problem was adressed before, and they did nothing.

I tried also to dual tech, same shit, it comes out too fast.
Even if I go with tier 2 it changes nothing, ZiS comes too late.

Soviets are so limited against okw
17 Apr 2016, 00:07 AM

It's perfectly viable to dual tech and get a zis out on time.

17 Apr 2016, 00:10 AM

It's perfectly viable to dual tech and get a zis out on time.

I'm sorry but this is absolutely not the case.
You will never have enough man power to get out enough squads to have good map control, and at the same time enough MP/Fuel to dual tech and get a zis ON TIME.

Impossible.
Or else you mean team games.
17 Apr 2016, 00:16 AM

Tdrl: op got rekt fast luch because he didn't want at and come here to cry
Just to know if I want to pass on tier 2 or 1 as ostheer and get beaten is the fallout mine or do we need to nerf the other ?
17 Apr 2016, 00:17 AM

I'm sorry but this is absolutely not the case.
You will never have enough man power to get out enough squads to have good map control, and at the same time enough MP/Fuel to dual tech and get a zis ON TIME.

I had a build where I built three conscripts, Medics, T1, a sniper and then T2, a Zis and AT grenades in that exact order and the AT gun hit the field right when the Luchs did.

It may vary on maps with more resources or whatever though, this was on kholodny.

17 Apr 2016, 01:19 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

There are commanders that allow you to counter tanks early and avoid t2. Examples are these doctrines and doctrines with these units: light AT gun, guards, AT partisans, and tank hunter tactics.
17 Apr 2016, 02:22 AM

if i go t1 as soviets then i make 3 cons an m3 (helps vs sturms and kubels. eases up that early game okw choke hold too) and 2 snipers. research your nades. tech to t2 and pick the ptrs doctrine for constripts. there you go. soft AT for luchs. snipers help stave off that bleed from fighting volks/elite infantry. The ptrs also give you a nice damage boost vs infantry and really helps snipe those retreating squads. fast tech to t34 to get a counter for the stuka (the easiest way to mess up this strat) or a katyusha to punish base retreats and blobs.

ptrs on cons makes them the ultimate softcounter unit in the game for the pricetag. it also works so well vs t1 and t2 units. if you don't like snipers then snag 2 maxims and a mortar/ 2 mortars and a maxim ( map dependant) or you can go for penals for more up close burst damage if theres a lot of cqc.

17 Apr 2016, 02:45 AM

I had a build where I built three conscripts, Medics, T1, a sniper and then T2, a Zis and AT grenades in that exact order and the AT gun hit the field right when the Luchs did.

It may vary on maps with more resources or whatever though, this was on kholodny.

Played a game tonight that demonstrates my point pretty well. Slightly different build, but still t1 heavy.

If you really want some practice, play with a radio intercept doctrine for a few games. This lets you know exactly when he builds a halftrack, whether or not it is mechanized and when the luchs hits the field. That way you're not preemptively building an AT gun against someone going for battlegroup HQ.
17 Apr 2016, 04:18 AM

For some faction to be able to react to.
I'm sorry but reacting to this shit as soviets, it means having impecable game from start to finish, and we all know it never happens all that much.

Explain to me how do you even counter this shit when you decided (for all the wrong reasons) to go with tier 1?

SU76 absolutely suck against it.
AT-Nades are no good, if you're not blobbing.
T-70 dies against schrek blob.

The only good thing is to have a present ZiS, but imagine that your game was fucked up at some point and you didn't have enough MP, no comeback allowed?

Come the fuck on, even a 222 comes later in game.
At least make the T-70 cheaper since it dies fast and does no good damage against the blob.

Are you saying it's too hard to pick a doctrine with guards in it?
17 Apr 2016, 05:24 AM

That's the thing about Soviets: Commander choice has more of an impact on your ability to counter your opponent than any other faction. Pick wrong and you are out of options.
17 Apr 2016, 06:13 AM

This is how you feel when playing Ost you know, you have to get a PAK asap or you'll fail big time. Just get a damn ATG. And how do you lose a SU-76 to a Luchs?
17 Apr 2016, 06:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2016, 06:13 AMRMMLz
And how do you lose a SU-76 to a Luchs?

That is the greatest mystery in itself.
17 Apr 2016, 06:44 AM

That is the greatest mystery in itself.

That's not mystery at all. Even 222 cars can destroy Su-76s, just because SU has veeery low armor, specially in back. SU-76 is not medium tank at all - it is light tank with med-tank gun.

So, Luchs can destroy SU, there is nothing specific in that.
17 Apr 2016, 07:52 AM

That's not mystery at all. Even 222 cars can destroy Su-76s, just because SU has veeery low armor, specially in back. SU-76 is not medium tank at all - it is light tank with med-tank gun.

So, Luchs can destroy SU, there is nothing specific in that.

if you refuse to use the reverse button yes,
otherwise, NO
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight