Login

russian armor

Are grenadiers worth their 30 MP reinforce cost?

9 Apr 2016, 23:51 PM

Conscript v Gren match-ups ceased to be important the moment WFA was released. Brits didn't help that.

Also, conscripts fighting un-upgraded grenadiers is such a tiny window in the overall scheme of gameplay that there is little sense treating it like a golden cow.

But I've got to say, it still baffles me that Soviets still don't have a stock PPSh upgrade for conscripts. Just three so it can stack with the doctrinal PPSh.
10 Apr 2016, 00:04 AM

Give Grens stick grenade default, nerfed rifle nade at vet 1

(Two nades? Their grenade-iers!)
10 Apr 2016, 00:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hail miragefla, amen.

(Ok in his the Model 24s are vet 1 instead of the other way around, but close enough)
10 Apr 2016, 02:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2016, 00:11 AMVuther

Hail miragefla, amen.

(Ok in his the Model 24s are vet 1 instead of the other way around, but close enough)

I am wondering who you were responding to precisely.
10 Apr 2016, 06:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I am wondering who you were responding to precisely.

Just saying in a roundabout way that miragefla's mod already did that.
10 Apr 2016, 06:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2016, 06:03 AMVuther

Just saying in a roundabout way that miragefla's mod already did that.

Why are people so eager to replace the medical kit?

It would be an awesome ability if it was cheaper at 15 munition. The wehr would get access to both mobile reinforcement and mobile healing without the need for doctrine.

10 Apr 2016, 06:45 AM

It would be an awesome ability if it was cheaper at 15 munition. The wehr would get access to both mobile reinforcement and mobile healing without the need for doctrine.

The medical kit only heals 40 health over 10 seconds.

I'd prefer increasing that to 80 over 10 seconds and reducing the cost to 10 munitions or free over removing them entirely.
10 Apr 2016, 07:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm fine with it myself, but one of the Wehr infantry squads definitely have to lose it. It'll remain painfully redundant even if it became cost-effective.
10 Apr 2016, 11:49 AM

Conscript v Gren match-ups ceased to be important the moment WFA was released. Brits didn't help that.

Also, conscripts fighting un-upgraded grenadiers is such a tiny window in the overall scheme of gameplay that there is little sense treating it like a golden cow.

But I've got to say, it still baffles me that Soviets still don't have a stock PPSh upgrade for conscripts. Just three so it can stack with the doctrinal PPSh.

It never was important in the first place. from beta on the soviets relied on callins or ppsh upgraded troops
10 Apr 2016, 12:27 PM

problem with grens is they suck in the early game but scale really well due to their range and mg42 upgrade
11 Apr 2016, 07:45 AM

More like supported vet3 cons behind their sandbags are pain in the ass to wreck with Ostheer.

On-topic, grens bleed too much for 7 popcap and 30/model even though with MG-42 upgrade they are some of the finest soldiers.

Maybe lower the reinforcement cost until they get the lmg?

Like 25-27 without lmg.
30 with lmg.

wasn´t squad wipes the problem with greens??? how lowering their reinforcement cost while they have no LMG helps to reduce the number of squad wipes???
11 Apr 2016, 09:10 AM

I would rather see a buff in their received accuracy modifier.
11 Apr 2016, 15:09 PM

It already is an awesome ability.
11 Apr 2016, 15:11 PM

The problem is same as tripwire flare.

Its on EVERY SINGLE GARDENING INFANTRY WITHIN THE FACTION /shoutoff.

Repeated vet1 abilities make the units and in turn, the whole faction feel bland and lazy in design.

Relic took the lesson and new armies have fun and unique vet1, but they never bothered to fix old ones, so we still have healing PGs, capping IS-2s and infantry tracking tank destroyers(relic should have a dedicated meth lab working for them exclusively to come up with THAT vet for tank destroyers and AT guns).
11 Apr 2016, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 15:11 PMKatitof

The problem is same as tripwire flare.

Its on EVERY SINGLE GARDENING INFANTRY WITHIN THE FACTION /shoutoff.

Repeated vet1 abilities make the units and in turn, the whole faction feel bland and lazy in design.

Relic took the lesson and new armies have fun and unique vet1, but they never bothered to fix old ones, so we still have healing PGs, capping IS-2s and infantry tracking tank destroyers(relic should have a dedicated meth lab working for them exclusively to come up with THAT vet for tank destroyers and AT guns).

i can accept cap territory on the is-2, its an awful ability for it 100%, but at least its a front line mobile tank... the kv2 on the other hand.....

but i fully agree, they screwed the pooch on vanilla vet abilities
11 Apr 2016, 16:30 PM

They definitely need less received accuracy and some additional spacing between the squad members if they are to adapt to the arty shit storm that CoH2 is today.

That's what the stun grenade is for though. :foreveralone:
11 Apr 2016, 16:33 PM

i can accept cap territory on the is-2, its an awful ability for it 100%, but at least its a front line mobile tank... the kv2 on the other hand.....

Ironically, I've used territory cap as a last resort to seal the game once, it was with KV-2 :foreveralone:
11 Apr 2016, 17:32 PM

Still better than the original abilities that were just "Extra damage for 10 seconds" type stuff.

11 Apr 2016, 22:32 PM

Still better than the original abilities that were just "Extra damage for 10 seconds" type stuff.

Extra damage on cons for the duration of oorah might not be so bad with helping them later game va being sprint that lets the enemy know you are sprinting...
12 Apr 2016, 00:54 AM

Extra damage on cons for the duration of oorah might not be so bad with helping them later game va being sprint that lets the enemy know you are sprinting...

Would be overpowered in the early game.

I think Cons are fine. They were never meant to be a damage dealing unit. They're cheap and plentiful and useful in cover as per unit description.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★