Login

russian armor

Volks nerf

PAGES (9)down
1 Apr 2016, 11:19 AM

Well, it is you who decided to completely ignore what I've written and still repeat your thing blindly :snfPeter:

The additional Vet is OKWs redeeming factor for not being able to build caches.

No, the scavenge ability exists for that very reason.
1 Apr 2016, 11:21 AM

Some people here forget that Vet4+5 Volks are supposed to be very strong. The additional Vet is OKWs redeeming factor for not being able to build caches.

You should try vet 5 Volks vs. vet 3 Tommies, Rifles or Grens.

Their only redeeming factor is the Panzershreck. With the Panzershreck however they will even lose to Conscripts.
1 Apr 2016, 12:16 PM

Infantry that carries Panzerschrecks or Bazookas could be made to move slower. That could put their usage in more of a defensive situation. Maybe increase initial aim time with the same intend, idk? I cannot foresee if it would work, it's just an intuitive idea.

At the same time it could be nice if usf and okw weapon teams would be made more attractive. Maybe a more expensive, but better hmg34; maybe make the usf hmg more attractive; maybe finally add that usf mortar we all know existed at one point. I just think weapon teams in synergy with infantry create interesting gameplay, but that's just my impression...
1 Apr 2016, 14:40 PM

Easy fix : Shrek and Bazooka cant be used against infantry. no more random entities / squad wipe
1 Apr 2016, 14:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They are durable as rifles(not when vetted though, unless we talk ooc heal vs rec acc as both affect staying power).
They are packed with utility like cons(flame nades, possible doctrinal cancer nades, hard at, build sanbags).
They punch like grens(actually, they surpass grens unless grens go LMG).

They only lack cover acc bonus, other then that, they already have something from every other infantry squad, so they are pretty much like all the other infantry in one unit already.

And they definitely won't get weapon that wasn't used for years already.

That was some impressive mental gymnastics right there.
Let's not make them even more like 5 man grens/osttruppen with grenades by giving them the faust.

Also I am aware that the Panzerbuchse is outdated, I am not 100% on the idea. OKW has a problem with fighting early game light vehicle rushes until they get a few panzerschrecks out. The problem is the Panzerschrecks on all their mainline infantry are too effective a counter against late game armor, which OKW has plenty of tools to work with in the late game. There needs to be a solution that is good against stopping light vehicles, but meh against real armor. AT rifles perfectly fit this role. I don't see a better solution to the problem without relic having to add more content to the game, which they wont. The Panzerbuchse is already in the game in ToW.

I would also like to mention that I don't think volks are super OP with schrecks, but they are just a cancer for gameplay. It promotes poor play when your most effective anti-tank unit is also your effective infantry unit. The weight of OKW AT needs to be shifted onto their other units instead of the volks.
1 Apr 2016, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2016, 14:45 PMTobis

The weight of OKW AT needs to be shifted onto their other units instead of the volks.

ToW have specific time setting, they are not all 44-45 years.
You won't find AT rifles vs IS-2 there.
1 Apr 2016, 15:03 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Do you have a better solution?

You still have soviets fighting with PTRSs which are outdated, why can't the Germans? It's a video game, not everything has to be strictly historical.
1 Apr 2016, 15:27 PM

No, the scavenge ability exists for that very reason.

We both know that if scavenge gets replaced by caches OkW would be insanely buffed.
So it's actually a drawback.
1 Apr 2016, 17:11 PM

I'm interested... What about Volks is so op? Their vet, which is worse than Vet 3 of most other units? Their AI, which is worse than that of most other units? Maybe their Durability, which is, again, worse than that of most other units?

The only thing I can see is an overabundant Panzershreck.

Saying 'Oh it's 90 munitions' is kinda irrelevant, because OKW gets to spend those 90 munitions on a really good AT weapon, whereas other factions do not get this chance.
1 Apr 2016, 17:23 PM

Permanently Banned
So far the highest seniority that has posted here is VonIvan on the first page and his word coincides with my hypothesis; Volks are OP - for reasons better mentioned by someone with a better playercard - and need to be nerfed.
1 Apr 2016, 18:45 PM

Part of the problem is their toughness. Incendiary grenades AND shreks is maybe too much, but my biggest issue with Volks is at high vet levels you can focus fire them with multiple vet 3 Rangers or Rifles and they just tank the bullet hail way too good. I usually find myself getting double mortar carriages late game against volks, infantry just don't cut it. You're almost forced to rely on things that go boom.
1 Apr 2016, 18:54 PM

I see people whining about Shreck blobs, yet no one seems to complain about Piat blobs which is basically the same thing.
1 Apr 2016, 19:22 PM

Give inc grenades to sturmpios.

Remove shrek and replace with faust.

Job done.
1 Apr 2016, 20:45 PM

Part of the problem is their toughness. Incendiary grenades AND shreks is maybe too much, but my biggest issue with Volks is at high vet levels you can focus fire them with multiple vet 3 Rangers or Rifles and they just tank the bullet hail way too good. I usually find myself getting double mortar carriages late game against volks, infantry just don't cut it. You're almost forced to rely on things that go boom.

Dude
They don't get very good rec. acc.

I would bet money that if you would condense volks 5 level vet into 3 level vet with the same benefits and just changed the shreck, all volks op threads would disappear
1 Apr 2016, 21:51 PM

Well you have the soviet with t34/76, at rifles and the is-2. If the okw are late war (which they are) using volks (read what ever they can get their hands on) it would make sense for an AT rifle, even if it can upgrade into a shrek later (maybe when all tiers are up?) without a snare light vehcles are problematic, so an at rifle would help alot with that I think.
1 Apr 2016, 22:10 PM
Senior Editor Badge

If anything, veterancy requirements should be increased for volksgrenadiers, or should be increased after purchasing the panzerschreck.

With their relatively cheap cost, the vet requirements are so low. Putting schreck rockets into light vehicles feeds them vet which is very dangerous, especially when you're trying to be aggressive with the light vehicles.

I'm not sayin' the T70 or Stuart is dying, but I am saying is that with each schreck round, vet 4 or vet 5 is a lot closer than it should be.

Also, damage should be reduced from 12. It's just obscene. Maybe buff accuracy, RoF, aim time, whatever else to compensate, but 12 damage is craaaaazy. Gives the advantage to a-moving blobs of death.
1 Apr 2016, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2016, 17:13 PMRocket
They should never of received incendiary nades to begin with when they can have shreks.

'should have'

Grammar > balance > realism.
1 Apr 2016, 22:50 PM

OKW Shrek blobs massacre armor and inf once they reach vet 4-5, heck they're probably the most potent unit for OKW atm with vet working again, long as you keep them alive. Just ask Senior Cruzz and he'll confirm.

I disagree. The most potent unit for the cost is the KT without a doubt, you don't even need your trucks still alive to bring it in and it has zero build time.

I have better luck with Puppchen against armor then Volks, which simply get run over by fast moving brit tanks and often do not fire at all even with plenty of time to aim. No more than 2 or 3 Volks is needed.

The real problem with Volks though is not their anti armor ability, its that they suck against infantry and their vulnerability to explosive damage. I find going heavy Sturm and Kubel a better choice than Volks early on. If they show up with a big blob and all you have are Volks you are not going to win the engagement.

When armor arrives you should already have a Puppchen in position and with 2 Volks that is all you need until Puma/JP.

If you mass Volks you will waste a ton of manpower reinforcing them that is better spent on other units.

Joseph
1 Apr 2016, 23:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I disagree. The most potent unit for the cost is the KT without a doubt, you don't even need your trucks still alive to bring it in and it has zero build time.

He probably meant in terms of general effectiveness rather than how it will perform if you have it, in which as good at the KT is, being able to using it hardly guaranteed compared to Volks.
2 Apr 2016, 05:29 AM

Veterancy with schrek needs to be toned down. I've seen a vet 5 volk squad with 8 kills, this is ridicilous.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS